PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Barrow v PNE - 15/07/23 - KO:15:00 - Friendly

There will be reason to be concerned if there is not a perceptible ramp-up on Wednesday otherwise this is just a non-event. Let's move forward - Ramsay is now officially on-board.

Absolutely. Far worse than Woodburn over a longer period but gets nowhere near as much stick. They’re both utter shite though.

View attachment 14385

This picture sums it up really. They only have 2 men in the box, the lad receiving the ball and the lad at the back post who scores. We have 5 or 6, hard to tell with the camera work. Ledson has allowed his man to just walk into the box completely unchecked, Diaby is out wide cos he had to cover the runner with Potts too high, Bauer hasn’t moved across despite marking nobody in the area.

He’s receiving the ball with literally nobody behind him for 10 yards ffs. It’s shambolic defending. I know it’s only pre-season but it’s just simple basics that you’d expect defenders on the park on a Sunday to be doing. Hard to know if it’s just laziness or incompetence tbh.
Lack of communication, ownership & leadership is a big issue here. A pretty awful goal to concede at any level. Maybe this is the difference in attitude & approach to a pre season fitness game from the "real thing". The players should be getting themselves mentally switch on though

Absolutely. Far worse than Woodburn over a longer period but gets nowhere near as much stick. They’re both utter shite though.

View attachment 14385

This picture sums it up really. They only have 2 men in the box, the lad receiving the ball and the lad at the back post who scores. We have 5 or 6, hard to tell with the camera work. Ledson has allowed his man to just walk into the box completely unchecked, Diaby is out wide cos he had to cover the runner with Potts too high, Bauer hasn’t moved across despite marking nobody in the area.

He’s receiving the ball with literally nobody behind him for 10 yards ffs. It’s shambolic defending. I know it’s only pre-season but it’s just simple basics that you’d expect defenders on the park on a Sunday to be doing. Hard to know if it’s just laziness or incompetence tbh.

Wonder in Potts case if it's apathy with the knowledge that he will be on the bench whilst Ramsey it available?

View attachment 14385

I think Ledson gets away with a lot because he likes to put in a crunching tackle.

L1 footballer at best and a liability when he plays.

Will always support him when he starts mind.

Just seen the highlights, and I’m genuinely worried that the only actual spell again where we moved the ball with any creativity and urgency in the last third was when all the senior pro’s had left the pitch.

What a load of shite.
yes but the yoof always try harder they have more of a point to prove while the contracted players have nowt to prove, wages will be paid, said before tone of the club is set by those in charge, rivitts / hemmings ridsdale runs it as a joke mostly, the players on nice contracts no this, so if the top cant be arsed, why should the players ? like a fish, rots from the head downwards,

View attachment 14385

It may , as a few have described , only be a friendly. But what we saw when we conceded that goal was just the sort of thing that happened time after time last season. The shambolic defending shouldn’t happen if the players are doing what they’ve been coached to do. In conceding that goal , they either are unaware of how to defend or just can’t be assed .. I think it’s a combination of the two. Preseason or not there’s no excuse for not doing your job

View attachment 14385

I finally got round to watching the highlights, and came onto this thread to say something similar. I generally like Potts, but his not-even-half-hearted jog back was ridiculous... and Ledson standing there waving his arms around was just embarrassing.

As for Woodburn's effort that was cleared off the line... Yes, he should have scored but in itself, I would say that it wasn't half as bad as many have suggested on here.

I finally got round to watching the highlights, and came onto this thread to say something similar. I generally like Potts, but his not-even-half-hearted jog back was ridiculous... and Ledson standing there waving his arms around was just embarrassing.

As for Woodburn's effort that was cleared off the line... Yes, he should have scored but in itself, I would say that it wasn't half as bad as many have suggested on here.
I had exactly the same thoughts.

I still have a ray of hope that Woodburn will bag a goal and go on a run!