PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

BBC

Any comments on the BBC coverage of the Conservative's shitshow today?

The analyses and language have been rightly brutal. Not supportive of an organisation that's in a political straight jacket.

Any comments on the BBC coverage of the Conservative's shitshow today?

The analyses and language have been rightly brutal. Not supportive of an organisation that's in a political straight jacket.
Apart from a bit of newsnight I haven't really watched a lot of news via the BBC since the "mini budget" and they where quite rightly critical of what is going on but George Monbiot raises an issue that has been and remains a problem the BBC has had for a long time and it needs addressing.

I have been knocking the BBC for yonks, never watched it for years, apart from Attenborough stuff, until a couple of weeks ago, not stopped since.

This series is one of the most shocking I have seen about people in the shit in Britain. Their own doing I suppose, but really makes me feel like things could be a lot worse, and how the fuck did they end up in such a sorry state?.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...fe-in-the-red-light-zone-1-welcome-to-holbeck

Apart from a bit of newsnight I haven't really watched a lot of news via the BBC since the "mini budget" and they where quite rightly critical of what is going on but George Monbiot raises an issue that has been and remains a problem the BBC has had for a long time and it needs addressing.

They have to get the balance right between simply reporting what is said and done and analysing what is said and done. In my opinion there’s too many headlines that seem to back up what the government is saying without much immediate context or analysis - and as many people only listen to the headlines they miss the context. The stories give the background and the context but sometimes that’s too late and not enough.

Look at Chris Mason and his tweets for example and compare them to Faisal Islam - they missed a trick there not appointing Islam to replace Kuennsberg. He’s insightful and forensic in his reporting whilst Mason is simply dreadful and lacking real insight - and if I were to guess at Mason’s leanings I’d say he leans left so no hint of me saying that for political reasons.

They have to get the balance right between simply reporting what is said and done and analysing what is said and done. In my opinion there’s too many headlines that seem to back up what the government is saying without much immediate context or analysis - and as many people only listen to the headlines they miss the context. The stories give the background and the context but sometimes that’s too late and not enough.

Look at Chris Mason and his tweets for example and compare them to Faisal Islam - they missed a trick there not appointing Islam to replace Kuennsberg. He’s insightful and forensic in his reporting whilst Mason is simply dreadful and lacking real insight - and if I were to guess at Mason’s leanings I’d say he leans left so no hint of me saying that for political reasons.

They never come out and state the place and PM are an utter shambles. Its all very orderly, normalised and is representative of a minority of the population that fortunately for them is relatively unaffected by the dismantling going on in broad daylight. Or prefer to assume they are unaffected. Billions of people watched last week as our new King stepped in and numbnuts has managed to fall out with him already over the planet. Not surprising since shes living on a different one to everyone else. The BBC could rather report that we've been taken over by an evil cult that want to impose their version of Year Zero. It would be less controversial than pretending that whats going on may have merit and is simply minor political difference

They never come out and state the place and PM are an utter shambles. Its all very orderly, normalised and is representative of a minority of the population that….

For goodness sake. They have absolutely NOT portrayed it as normal or orderly. They absolutely HAVE conveyed the chaotic shambles that Truss and Kwarteng have brought on us.

IMO - if you really do watch the BBC, you see things that aren’t there. Or you want it to be as biased towards your personal world view as GB News is biased against it.

For goodness sake. They have absolutely NOT portrayed it as normal or orderly. They absolutely HAVE conveyed the chaotic shambles that Truss and Kwarteng have brought on us.

IMO - if you really do watch the BBC, you see things that aren’t there. Or you want it to be as biased towards your personal world view as GB News is biased against it.

So they had on the Kuensberg panel a Chief Exec from John Lewis. She said that people were so concerned that they were deferring buying that next sofa. For me that typifies that the BBCs target audience is the comfortably off that are mildly offended by the govts approach. This is a coup thats been going on for some years that the MSM is complicit in facilitating.

So they had on the Kuensberg panel a Chief Exec from John Lewis. She said that people were so concerned that they were deferring buying that next sofa. For me that typifies that the BBCs target audience is the comfortably off that are mildly offended by the govts approach. This is a coup thats been going on for some years that the MSM is complicit in facilitating.

Well, you’ve got me there. Complete proof that you must be right. I’m going to switch off my telly.

Well, you’ve got me there. Complete proof that you must be right. I’m going to switch off my telly.
Abit tight on portis that bud. He's just trying to open you're eye's to the BBC being knobheads and you've just bludgeoned him to death.. bloodyhell bud.

Don't know if anyone else has been keeping an eye on the Brazilian election but it's very telling that the coverage of it on the BBC always adds in the description of "left wing" everytime Lula is mentioned but doesn't add labels to Bolsonaro who is in fact a right wing lunatic.
They just linked Lula to corruption with no mention of Bolsonaro's corruption. No mention of Lula's record in raising living standards.

Don't know if anyone else has been keeping an eye on the Brazilian election but it's very telling that the coverage of it on the BBC always adds in the description of "left wing" everytime Lula is mentioned but doesn't add labels to Bolsonaro who is in fact a right wing lunatic.
I haven’t followed it previously Winky but I have just read the first paragraph on the BBC and to be fair to them it says “ left winger Lula Da Silva will face far right incumbent Bolsonaro “