PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

BBC

According to the bbc, every failure of govt now is classified as a national crisis and needs to be mitigated by public action and personal cost in the national interest. Fuck right off. Id rather put the entire Cabinet in a boat and sink it in the English Channel since thats what theyre all comfortable with for desperate Syrians.

Just watched their news and anyone defending them needs a wack on the head... They do nothing but defend the government..
Fiona Bruce gets, I didn't say earns, she gets £850k a year and she is on the most biased programme on tv, they hand pick the audience, I used to know the woman's name but ive forgotten , she's some fucking twat anyway.

I can’t decide if the bbc are left wing , right wing , woke or anything in between

They are whatever the government tells them to be...
Yeah I think if you step back from all sources of media / news they all either have an agenda or swing one way or the other !

It’s actually hard to know where to look for accurate non bias reporting these days .

So much so I read all of rags , guardian, daily mail , ft, New York post etc , just to try and get a balance but if you read with cynical glasses on you can see the way they are trying to steer you ,

If anyone has any recommendations for online reading please post and let me know , if nothing else it stops me losing IQ when the mrs puts location location location on 🥹

I can’t decide if the bbc are left wing , right wing , woke or anything in between

Interesting observation. It surely suffers from some sort of anti-confirmation bias... Whatever side people are on, some (usually vociferous) people seem to see whatever they DON'T want to see! They want their own views agreed with, and propagated 100% of the time - never any alternative.

Anyway,,, Let's kill it off, and let the foreign multi-billionaire media moguls have complete free rein. Yes... that would be Sooooooo much better.

And I bet those foreign powers are in no way working behind the scenes to propagate the idea among people like the OP and others. 🤔

Interesting observation. It surely suffers from some sort of anti-confirmation bias... Whatever side people are on, some (usually vociferous) people seem to see whatever they DON'T want to see! They want their own views agreed with, and propagated 100% of the time - never any alternative.

Anyway,,, Let's kill it off, and let the foreign multi-billionaire media moguls have complete free rein. Yes... that would be Sooooooo much better.

And I bet those foreign powers are in no way working behind the scenes to propagate the idea among people like the OP and others. 🤔
I think the stand out line is “people see whatever they don’t want to see”
I don’t want to get caught in that echo chamber so I try real hard to spread my reading around , but even that is becoming difficult !

Yeah I think if you step back from all sources of media / news they all either have an agenda or swing one way or the other !

It’s actually hard to know where to look for accurate non bias reporting these days .

So much so I read all of rags , guardian, daily mail , ft, New York post etc , just to try and get a balance but if you read with cynical glasses on you can see the way they are trying to steer you ,

If anyone has any recommendations for online reading please post and let me know , if nothing else it stops me losing IQ when the mrs puts location location location on 🥹
Al jazeera is a good go to, they will cover topics our media shys away from.

An example is this about windfall profits

I tell you what I didn’t realise until the other day , if you haven’t got a BBC licence then you are not legally allowed to watch any live sport on TV… not just BBC

Personally, I find it hard to believe, but that is what this article said….

I tell you what I didn’t realise until the other day , if you haven’t got a BBC licence then you are not legally allowed to watch any live sport on TV… not just BBC

Its not a BBC licence, its a TV licence.

without one you are not allowed to watch any live tv at all. Nor can you use bbc catch up services.

For me, the news content tends to follow the government line - after the David Kelly/Greg Dyke incident and threats to funding, they don't rock the boat. Dyke has said as much many times.

On the other hand, the programming, especially comedy, drama, documentaries, and current affairs, does tend to lean left.

The license fee (not that I pay it) is worth it for the documentaries alone, which are world class and might not be made if the BBC was funded by advertising - suspect we would see it slowly go the same way as Discovery, History Channel and all that commercial shite.

Its not a BBC licence, its a TV licence.

without one you are not allowed to watch any live tv at all. Nor can you use bbc catch up services.
Thanks Phil, I didn’t realise that… I thought your TV licence only covered BBC

I find it remarkable you didn’t know that!!