PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

BBC

Is now totally crap at football coverage. Given we're told the Premier League is the best league in the world, their tame and totally boring efforts at coverage on Focus and MOTD are pitiful and comatose inducing. And as for the commentating, the only one I know by name is Guy Mowbrey and hes an annoying dickhead of the first order whose attempts at 'humourous' quips and asides give me nausea. How much are they paying people to turn to shite what Sky can easily make a spectacle. Or rather, how much are we paying.

Is now totally crap at football coverage. Given we're told the Premier League is the best league in the world, their tame and totally boring efforts at coverage on Focus and MOTD are pitiful and comatose inducing. And as for the commentating, the only one I know by name is Guy Mowbrey and hes an annoying dickhead of the first order whose attempts at 'humourous' quips and asides give me nausea. How much are they paying people to turn to shite what Sky can easily make a spectacle. Or rather, how much are we paying.
To counter that I thought their coverage of the womens euros was first class.

Have to say its a long time since ive watched any highlights programmes.

To counter that I thought their coverage of the womens euros was first class.

Have to say its a long time since ive watched any highlights programmes.

Agree on that

On the mens, around 30 years ago Greavsie came along and gave a much needed light hearted boost to what had become a turgid tired format. Seems to me, its gone back to type. So bloody serious with pundits desperately trying to justify their massive fees by saying something inane. Maybe the Premier Leagues run out of anything interesting to say.

Does the BBC think anyones interested still in Athletics. Is the Controller a tennis and athletics by chance? Its on all the time at the moment even though we've just had the Commonwealth Games for 12 days and the stadia look half empty. How much are we paying for the worst and most ill informed commentators? Its enough to bring on another dump for Paula Radcliffe. Has the spectre of Brendan Foster possessed Steve Cram's brain so that he now permanently talks utter gibberish

Agree on that

On the mens, around 30 years ago Greavsie came along and gave a much needed light hearted boost to what had become a turgid tired format. Seems to me, its gone back to type. So bloody serious with pundits desperately trying to justify their massive fees by saying something inane. Maybe the Premier Leagues run out of anything interesting to say.

Saint and Greavsie too............. Quality. :)

Agree on that

Greavsie never worked for the BBC though and he pretty much packed up with TV commentary just as the Premier League was starting…

Nick Gibb was Deputy Editor of Newsnight before being put in charge of BBC Westminster which gave him control of the whole of the BBC's political programme output. In this role he edited the big Brexit debate on the beeb and ran the 2017 Election coverage. In the same year he was appointed the head of PR at No.10 by Theresa May.

Boris subsequently appointed him to the BBC Board, where he has tried to interfere in the appointment of the new head of BBC News.

He is the brother of a Tory MP who was until recently a Minister in the Government. His placement on the BBC Board follows the appointment of a major Tory donor as the Chair of the Board, and a failed Tory election candidate as Director General (CEO) of the BBC.

But it's because of SKY's total domination of both the monetary & copyright side of the Premier League that the Beeb , as it's illustrated on MoD - is just a compendium of the days goals, padded out with overpaid pundits playing lip service, with an overpaid presenter ( Gary; - who's not paid directly by the Beeb but's employed by a middleman who 'subcontracts' him to the Beeb) , and reliant on back-to-basics technology to illustrate the 'fantastic' moves these imported Primadonnas execute for their quarter-of-a-million a week wage .... (which actually aren't much different to what I see at Deepdale, if I'm honest, but perhaps a bit more frequently over 90+ minutes, but without the shite VAR which spoils the whole flow of the game )

Back in the Eighties they had Donald Trump on the show doing the League Cup draw if anyone remembers this. Remarkable scenes
I remember that Si….

It’s on YouTube …. I’m no good at uploading stuff, but if you put “ Donald trump making the cup draw “ in the search engine it brings it up !!