PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

BBC

So now we all know, if we already didnt, just what has happened/happening to the BBC.

Fascicm.
Sounded to me like she was pointing out to aspiring journalists, what not to do, and admitting she made errors in her interviews.

I stopped though about 10 mins before the end, she appeared to say what not to do, when interviewing, and what she shouldn't have done.

Correct me if I read it wrong.

Nick Gibb was Deputy Editor of Newsnight before being put in charge of BBC Westminster which gave him control of the whole of the BBC's political programme output. In this role he edited the big Brexit debate on the beeb and ran the 2017 Election coverage. In the same year he was appointed the head of PR at No.10 by Theresa May.

Boris subsequently appointed him to the BBC Board, where he has tried to interfere in the appointment of the new head of BBC News.

He is the brother of a Tory MP who was until recently a Minister in the Government. His placement on the BBC Board follows the appointment of a major Tory donor as the Chair of the Board, and a failed Tory election candidate as Director General (CEO) of the BBC.

Excuse my error. The subject of the above is Robbie Gibb. Nick Gibb is his MP brother.

spiked being spiked.

Just another foreign owned right wing piece of shit.

FbUXfyFXEAEPlkT

spiked being spiked.

Just another foreign owned right wing piece of shit.

FbUXfyFXEAEPlkT

I mean she's telling the truth about this and spiked are a load of sinister wankers but anyone with half a brain cell could see the BBC news coverage has been painfully biased for a long time, maybe she should have brought this up prior to the 2019 election but we all know why she didn't. The number of times Emily Matliss has parroted Tory soundbites to dupe viewers runs into the thousands, so she's a hypocrite in my book not some brave and courageous whistle-blower, I think she should apologise to be perfectly honest.

I have been really critical of the BBC, mainly because of their compliance with Tory shit.

Then you see that they are still making documentaries like this, amazing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001cc0g/escape-from-kabul-airport
I'd happily keep the license fee purely for the frozen planet documentaries and some of the dramas they produce. But I won't defend them against attacks when it comes to their news/political coverage, it's utterly disgraceful at times.

I'd happily keep the license fee purely for the frozen planet documentaries and some of the dramas they produce. But I won't defend them against attacks when it comes to their news/political coverage, it's utterly disgraceful at times.
I watched the Dimbleby documentary 'Days that Shook the BBC', and they try to stay neutral, I think they are more left leaning, maybe wrong. Problem is if they attack the government, either Tory or Labour, their funding will be cut. Perhaps they should split from the licence fee and advertise like other networks, I doubt in the short term it would save them from collapse. They could start slowly Radio ads, and a few hours on BBC 1. They are stuck with the licence fee, when it was introduced, they were the only broadcaster on TV, and the radio and BBC World Service was listened to across the planet.

The difficulty is today, the government won't allow them to say anything derogatory against them, and the threats are real, shut up, or you are finished. The BBC do lots of good stuff on their educational channels, for kids and in partnership with different educational organisations, such as Open University. I remember they used to do free language and science courses, but they seem to have been cut. Funding I suppose, it is inevitable they have to become self-financing or sit on the fence regarding politics.

The news in this country is shit anyway, trying to find a main stream rag that is against the Tories is difficult, The Guardian probably the closest, but it is somewhat middle class, I subscribe to the Guardian, and more recently the New York Times, the latter I find is incredible for information and doesn't appear to favour any particular political agenda (might be wrong on that).

The BBC has to change, it is impotent in its current role, sitting on the fence for a news agency isn't good when we have such a right wing political system.

The difficulty is today, the government won't allow them to say anything derogatory against them, and the threats are real, shut up, or you are finished. .

Good grief. The BBC is the most credible and vocal critic of government. They have held them to account on countless occasions.

It’s possible- just possible- that they throw soft punches on a handful of occasions. But there is no other uk media source that comes close to such effective impartial critique.

Don't forget Mortimer and Whitehouse, and Detectorists. It's the news channels that are being abused.

Just watched episode 3 of 'Frozen Planet 2', when David Attenborough is no more, it will be a massive loss to the world of documentaries, can't see anyone ever coming close.