PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Beer delivery services

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabbagaz

I'm not the Messiah!
Patron
In light of today's news, some pubs will be offering take-out services. In would be great to support them in this bleakest of times, so if anyone knows of any pubs offering this service, just reply to this thread and I will try to keep it updated.

Once details are confirmed, I'll tidy up this initial post.

To start, Plug and Taps will be:

I wish them well but, TBH, when i go to a pub its for more than Beer. Its the company as much as anything.

Their problem is going to be pricing, massive competition out there, sadly.

Edit:

This will be the next panic buy thing.

I wish them well but, TBH, when i go to a pub its for more than Beer. Its the company as much as anything.

Their problem is going to be pricing, massive competition out there, sadly.

I understand. Obviously nothing will ever beat sitting in the pub enjoying a nice drink but hopefully doing something like this will help them to ensure we have pubs to return to once this pandemic starts easing off.

There certainly looks to be demand as a number of other pubs in other areas are doing it and some people don't mind paying a fair price for a fair pint (Wigan Central being one).

Tap and Vine in Penwortham are planning to deliver food & drink, as are many of the other food & drink places here.

They're all popping up on Facebook with info.

Take away beer is a commendable idea but I don't think it will stand a chance of competing with off licence prices. A couple of new pubs in Preston only opened as recently as last Friday. What a flamin' nightmare.

No wine
We have a WhatsApp group amongst our social circle
We are making sure that our nearest and dearest all have the basics by divvying up every day or so
But as much as I live them all my stash is staying put
WhatsApp has gone into meltdown and mainly the ladies
Who does your WhatsApp-ing for you?

Everyone's favorite brewery that is referenced within my username will deliver in bulk for free. Problem is, even their beer is overpriced now. 32 bottles for £45 just isn't good value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.