PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ben Davies on loan to Sheffield United

Definitely not PNE related anymore, no sell on fee, now PNE Player twice removed.
Best wishes and good luck to him but time to move on from him in respect of PNE related!!

Pne have been stitched up like a kipper.

Sold for a pittance to Liverpool who had no intention of playing him and 5hen they loan him, paying most of his wages, to one of our championship rivals.
Can't see there being any malice or intent with that though, what did Liverpool have to gain by doing it?
I think its just the way its worked out, not great for PNE, to be sure, but i don't think there was any grand plan to shaft PNE.

No purchase option, so what are Liverpool looking for with this?
That he'll impress them while on loan? Surely his time at Preston set that standard?
Or that he'll just go out on yearly loans? Pity if that is the case.

I
No purchase option, so what are Liverpool looking for with this?
That he'll impress them while on loan? Surely his time at Preston set that standard?
Or that he'll just go out on yearly loans? Pity if that is the case.

The only rational explanation I can think of is that Liverpool are hopeful that Davies might do very well at this high-profile club - maybe even gaining promotion.

If that happens, he might very well attract a fee of £6 - £8 million at the end of the season- and perhaps Sheff United refused to commit to such a high price in a purchase-option clause.

Saw this the other night on social media , probably Twitter ?

One of ' their lot ' said c'mon you don't think Liverpool were going to play him do you ?

He went onto say it's the Moneyball business model to sell players on at a profit

There was also a disparging remark - ' The Preston Maldini '

I sort of get it ! , the money raised by loaning out players to Championship clubs & having them in the shop window for a sale pays towards the top international players that they buy for their first team .

The alternative is City buying Jack Grealish and possibly Harry Kane because they can ?

It's just pecking orders ? , teams like Barcelona have bought players from Liverpool in the past .

Sold for a pittance to Liverpool who had no intention of playing him and 5hen they loan him, paying most of his wages, to one of our championship rivals.
They've sold their keeper to Arsenal , they've got Michael Verrips who has only played one game , the same goes for Wes Foderingham , along with Jake Eastwood , 7 games for League 2 Grimsby Town , now relegated to the National League , they wanted him again on loan which seems fair enough ?

Simon Moore went to Coventry , just trying to give an idea what sort of budget a relegated Premier League team has .

They've sold their keeper to Arsenal , they've got Michael Verrips who has only played one game , the same goes for Wes Foderingham , along with Jake Eastwood , 7 games for League 2 Grimsby Town , now relegated to the National League , they wanted him again on loan which seems fair enough ?

Simon Moore went to Coventry , just trying to give an idea what sort of budget a relegated Premier League team has .

Absolutely shocking goalkeeper, who’s been relegated in 3 of his last 4 seasons with 3 different clubs. Football is broken

Sorry it's from The Sun

“I was more delighted than he was, he was shocked. I said to him, ‘You need to make sure this happens. You can’t mess this up in any way. If they tell you, ‘Your wages are that,’ your wages are that, just take it and go!’

“It was done executive to executive. Peter Ridsdale phoned me on Monday morning and said, ‘I think Liverpool are going to come in for Ben.’