PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ben Pearson Appreciation Thread

What a player. Matured up this season but still has the bite when needed.

That tackle on Roberts at the end was sheer brilliance.

Going to be a sad day if he leaves.

Odd time to start a thread on him when he had his worse game for many a while. Saying that we're unlikely to come up against a midfield as good on the ball and who move it between themselves as good again this season. It was a concern though how much space Dallas found himself in during the first half just by a simple 10 yard shift to the side.

Pearson gets enough gushing appreciation as it is without there being a thread dedicated to him alone. What about our other players? Don't they get a thread each? What's the qualifying criteria?

I cant agree that he was deadfull, he had a lot of work to do in that engine room and probably had to cover others who didn't perform as they should.

i am concerned with our goalkeeping situation, we have brought in a goalkeeping coach but things haven't improved, Declan I like but he is treading water, he is not commanding and needs sorting out, he is costing us nearly a goal a game with his indecision and dilly dallying. He needs toughening up perhaps his vegan diet isn't working he might some steak etc to bulk him up anyway Gould needs to get a grip and get him coming out, his fannying about at corners is laughable at times the slighest touch and hes down looking for a foul it cost us twice against Bristol city.

they need a performance after saturday, i thought Leeds played some fantastic football at times and could have been out of sight by half time.

Stupid foul and needless by Fisher which led to their goal, we missed 2 very good chances to kill the game but overall pleased and onto staurday

I cant agree that he was deadfull, he had a lot of work to do in that engine room and probably had to cover others who didn't perform as they should.

i am concerned with our goalkeeping situation, we have brought in a goalkeeping coach but things haven't improved, Declan I like but he is treading water, he is not commanding and needs sorting out, he is costing us nearly a goal a game with his indecision and dilly dallying. He needs toughening up perhaps his vegan diet isn't working he might some steak etc to bulk him up anyway Gould needs to get a grip and get him coming out, his fannying about at corners is laughable at times the slighest touch and hes down looking for a foul it cost us twice against Bristol city.

they need a performance after saturday, i thought Leeds played some fantastic football at times and could have been out of sight by half time.

Stupid foul and needless by Fisher which led to their goal, we missed 2 very good chances to kill the game but overall pleased and onto staurday
Don't think Rudd did too much wrong last night?

Echo the sentiments of the majority, thought he was poorest he's been for a while last night but more down to Leeds midfield being excellent.

That tackle at the end was incredible though.

Pearson covered a lot of ground last night and did things many on this thread don't see.

I think that Pearson was excellent in most of his game last night, his reading of the game was his normal good quality, his tackling is getting better in as much as that he is in better control, he is controlling his red mist.
If there was something that wasn’t his best it would be his distribution but I think that the Leeds players have to be given a bit of respect here that most of our team were finding it difficult as they were being given little time and space on the ball.

Pearson covered a lot of ground last night and did things many on this thread don't see.

That's a given with Pearson but Leeds didn't allow him to make a difference with the ball and he looked more flustered in possession than normal.

I felt like he played with Saturday in mind knowing a yellow would see him banned. That along with being up against a superb Leeds side.

I would not be at all surprised if he is like man possessed against Rovers. I hope I am right.

I’m a massive Pearson fan , but last night by his standards it wasn’t his best game , he gave the ball away on quite a few occasions. Not having a pop at DJ as we all know playing deeper is not his best position, but he didn’t help that much he tried but tackling is not his strong point. The tackle for the penalty claim was perfectly timed but with mr Friend as the ref surprised he didn’t give a pen and send Pearson off.

I’m a massive Pearson fan , but last night by his standards it wasn’t his best game , he gave the ball away on quite a few occasions. Not having a pop at DJ as we all know playing deeper is not his best position, but he didn’t help that much he tried but tackling is not his strong point. The tackle for the penalty claim was perfectly timed but with mr Friend as the ref surprised he didn’t give a pen and send Pearson off.
Must admit, I was (surprised) very.

What did Rudd do wrong last night then?

He doesn't come off his line, last nigh a ball was played in with 2 Leeds players unmarked fortunately it was a tadge too high for them to head it but RUDD should have been alert to the danger and come out and at least punched it. He is becoming a liability and dilly dallying is costing us goals, he was badly at fault against Brizzle City for 2 goals. He needs to command his area its that simple, opposition will know this mark my words.