PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best Butter Pies in Preston.

Is it possible to get decent butter pies by mail order?
I have had pies from Bowens of Chorley, first lot a mixture of Meat & Potato and Butter Pies, wasn't too impressed with the Butter Pies, so second lot just M & P, which were very good bit pricey though. They came packed in ice-packaging and put them straight in the freezer, baked in the oven for 30/35 mins, better than most pies you can get down here.

They are pre-cooked by the way.

Funny you should be talking about this, because I came back to the UK from France for 3 weeks, 2 weeks ago, and my son who lives in Marlborough Wiltshire asked me when I left him to get him some pies whilst I was up in Preston seeing relatives. I bought £50 worth of butter, M&P, beef n pork and a couple of custards, we kept them cool in a cool box fr 4 hours and then froze them in his freezer, He says they are brilliant as ever. Good old Roundy's.

I saw something very similar to a butter pie in Hebden Bridge yesterday.Thats darkest Yorkshire. Also in Booths supermarket in Ilkley.
Don't get how you can be a PNE fan and a Leeds fan.

One of my best mates is a Leeds fan and we used to meet up and go to matches together, that meant home end wherever it was.

In the end, we couldn't take anymore and my son point blank refused to go in the Leeds end ever again. That was about 6/7 years ago when we got beat 1-0 after Pickford was wrongly sent off and Browne scored an OG early in the second half.

We still met up for games until Leeds went up, but only in the pub. When we got to the ground we went our separate ways. 🙂

Just passing Paul’s Pies on Fishergate hill, earlier today. Couldn’t resist popping in😊

Hot out of the oven were a tray of giant pork, mustard and black pudding sausage rolls.

Best I’ve ever had!👍

Just passing Paul’s Pies on Fishergate hill, earlier today. Couldn’t resist popping in😊

Hot out of the oven were a tray of giant pork, mustard and black pudding sausage rolls.

Best I’ve ever had!👍
I'm just glad the shop is a bit out of my way other wise I would end up looking like Rick Waller

Funny you should be talking about this, because I came back to the UK from France for 3 weeks, 2 weeks ago, and my son who lives in Marlborough Wiltshire asked me when I left him to get him some pies whilst I was up in Preston seeing relatives. I bought £50 worth of butter, M&P, beef n pork and a couple of custards, we kept them cool in a cool box fr 4 hours and then froze them in his freezer, He says they are brilliant as ever. Good old Roundy's.
My son has just spent a week with us and he brought me a butter pie and 2x M & P, what a good lad. He came by car and brought us 2 pkts of Ready Brek and 2 bottles of Vimto. Roll on our next visitors in a couple of weeks.

The Spar up the road from me has had a deli refurb now calling itself The Pork Shop, their Butter Pies are £1 more expensive than Clayton's but not as good in my opinion.
If I was a passing Yorkshireman through Preston and picked one of these up, I'd wonder what the fuss is about. Thankfully I'm neither a Yorkshireman or passing through.