PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best Butter Pies in Preston.

I've done the hill over the top of Cartmel. Once, ashamedly, when having an affair with a good friend. 😊

My favourite part of the Cumbrian coast though is up at Nethertown. It's going to be my first trip out once I've had my second jab. A day return on the train to Nethertown and then a lovely peaceful walk along the beach to Braystones. It's such a lovely peace and quietful place. You have it all to yourself. And the residents in the seaside properties always have a friendly chat with you.
That trip is on my list too for when we’re allowed out properly. I’d love to go on one of the steam train excursions on that line but they cost about 6 times the cost of a day return, without any of the flexibility!

I've done the hill over the top of Cartmel. Once, ashamedly, when having an affair with a good friend. 😊

My favourite part of the Cumbrian coast though is up at Nethertown. It's going to be my first trip out once I've had my second jab. A day return on the train to Nethertown and then a lovely peaceful walk along the beach to Braystones. It's such a lovely peace and quietful place. You have it all to yourself. And the residents in the seaside properties always have a friendly chat with you.
Have you done the cross bay walk? Arnside to Kents Bank.

Have you done the cross bay walk? Arnside to Kents Bank.

Yes. It's a beautiful day out and a great walk with Cedric Robinson leading the way. I think he's retired now but I'm not sure who leads the walk these days.

I must check out the dates for this year's guided walk. I think some of the walks are for charity too? The blind home in Penwortham used to be one of the charities.

Dropped r peg and twin daughter No1 off at the train station for a fun filled shopping trip to Manchester🙄💷. Anyway stopped of at Pauls Pies on Fishergate Hill for this beauty. Really impressed, home made and great value.

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_150303.jpg
    IMG_20210501_150303.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 20
Dropped r peg and twin daughter No1 off at the train station for a fun filled shopping trip to Manchester🙄💷. Anyway stopped of at Pauls Pies on Fishergate Hill for this beauty. Really impressed, home made and great value.
Did you add a barm to the equation?

Hang on to your hats, folks, according to the news today there will soon be a shortage of PIES. This is caused by a lack of supply of the aluminium that makes up the foil trays. How on earth are we all going to cope without our butter/meat and spud pies? This is the sort of stuff that could cause a revolution up here!

Hang on to your hats, folks, according to the news today there will soon be a shortage of PIES. This is caused by a lack of supply of the aluminium that makes up the foil trays. How on earth are we all going to cope without our butter/meat and spud pies? This is the sort of stuff that could cause a revolution up here!
Think you can buy bamboo pie trays or some-such.

Quick - buy shares in them!

Anyone know if it is possible to get butter, meat and potato pies, shipped to London. The pies down here are in general pretty shit.

I doubt it is possible as they would have to be frozen and shipped, probably costing a fortune in transport costs making it unfeasible, I long for a proper pie. London needs a Lancashire pie shop.

London pastry shops start with Greggs and end with Greggs, unless you are partial to pie and mash, I am not, find the traditional London dish very puke inducing.,

@outreacher

I haven't tried them, but they ship nationally. You would need to buy £30 worth though...

Anyone know if it is possible to get butter, meat and potato pies, shipped to London. The pies down here are in general pretty shit.

I doubt it is possible as they would have to be frozen and shipped, probably costing a fortune in transport costs making it unfeasible, I long for a proper pie. London needs a Lancashire pie shop.

London pastry shops start with Greggs and end with Greggs, unless you are partial to pie and mash, I am not, find the traditional London dish very puke inducing.,
Not too sure about butter pies.

However, Higginsons of Grange over Sands, deliver all over the country. Their meat and pot, pork and black pudding, are superb. In fact the whole range is really good. Their website site is currently having a revamp. If it costs £40/50 quid, for a selection you can freeze, it might be worth pushing the boat out.