PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best England Song Ever.

Best England Song Ever.

• Total voters

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Patron
Which is the greatest of these three songs?

World In Motion is by far the better song in terms of its beats, construction and melody however Three Lions was able to become an easy terrace chant based upon its easy chorus. Vindaloo was quite funny and again, had a catchy chorus.

If you were in Lord Byrons in the early summer of 1990, when footy was NOT cool at all pre -Italia 90, the floor was bouncing to World In Motion, moments like this gave us the re-birth of English Footy amidst the Acid House and Madchester scenes of the time.

Everyone bouncing to "Sing it for England, In-Ger-Land" is a memory that will stay with me to the grave.

I know Three Lions isn't as "cool" as the others but its lyrics sum up the England fan experience the best for me. Plus I love the chord sequences.

World in motion
End of thread
Hooky does it at his gigs. Brilliant
And of course the John Barnes rap. Fun fact. Very few players turned up and it want the plan that Barnes did the rap. It was meant for Keith Allen
Plus the others are pretty crap songs in general whereas world in motion is a good song in its own right

World in motion
End of thread
Hooky does it at his gigs. Brilliant
And of course the John Barnes rap. Fun fact. Very few players turned up and it want the plan that Barnes did the rap. It was meant for Keith Allen
Plus the others are pretty crap songs in general whereas world in motion is a good song in its own right
About 5 players bothered to show up.

Barnes, Gazza, McMahon, Beardsley, Walker.

You know your stuff
I know they are in the video but I read it somewhere.

Great insight and interview on its making here. Was only 6 players who showed up.

Has to be Fat Les for me.
Several pints, hot day, raucous sing a long to patriotic tune with very few words to remember.
Brilliant!

Great video as well.

Not quite sure how JD missed this off the poll. Poor editorial standards

Failed the quality control. 😂

I was in Majorca (Palma Nova) when this was going on aged 13. I went, bravely, to a bar across the road that was near empty, about a 1/3 full and ordered my 1st ever pints which were San Miguel. Bliss. I had arrived as, an albeit, young looking underage man.

Following day at the private apartments we were staying in, the 16 year old lad from Glasgow (Tony) whom I was mates with on the holiday asked where I was last night.

"Across the road" I said "Why?"

"A few doors down, Paisley, Dalglish and Souness were in the bar and it was packed watching the footy, signing autographs and everything!"

I could have cried.

Seems after the Jocks had been knocked out (were they staying in Sevilla?), they had popped over to the island.

As an aside, after we were knocked out of Euro 2000, I met Super Kevin Phillips at Tenerife airport, said it should have been him and Andy Cole up top plus any chance of signing for Preston? He just smiled and laughed, sound guy, was on his home after a week here then off to Barbados a day later. Funny thing is is that he was getting the flight to Newcastle and it was packed with geordies in replica shirts yet he got zero stick that I could see.