PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best England Song Ever.

Best England Song Ever.

• Total voters
should be 0/10 for honesty. He knows he bought it. You don’t forget it

#solidarity

Well, I no longer have it in my possession (if I ever did) and I can’t recall any exact circumstances (unlike, say, buying Since Yesterday by Strawberry Switchblade at WH Smith in Preston or purchasing Wicked Game by Chris Isaak when I went for an interview at Brasenose College).

Wasn’t one of a bunch that I got ‘free’ by saving ring pulls from cans of Quattro either.

But I can sort of picture it.

Certainly liked it.

Still do.

This is wrong I’m my view. Sweet Caroline has been the anthem at T20 cricket for several years now. I’m guessing the DJ at wembley simply stole the idea from there because it’s a sure fire winner to get the the crowd going. I like it, but would have preferred it being kept to cricket.

oh, and they have got the lyrics wrong. It’s warm touching warm, not one touching one
SC has been used at the Boxing for years and years, about a decade now.

SC is to Boxing what Planet Funk is to the Darts.

World in Motion is an absolute masterpiece.

I was born September 90 so wasn't even alive when it was released and have grown up with Three Lions being played tournament after tournament but for me there is absolutely no comparison, World in Motion wins hands down.

The late 80s/early 90s style kit, the tower blocks in the background, the infamous John Barnes rap. Absolutely iconic from start to finish.

Well, I no longer have it in my possession (if I ever did) and I can’t recall any exact circumstances (unlike, say, buying Since Yesterday by Strawberry Switchblade at WH Smith in Preston or purchasing Wicked Game by Chris Isaak when I went for an interview at Brasenose College).

Wasn’t one of a bunch that I got ‘free’ by saving ring pulls from cans of Quattro either.

Certainly liked it.

Still do.

I liked they we're so confident in their abilities that the B-side was an instrumental of Diamond Lights (again not that I'd know or would have owned it by choice)

It is weird how some purchases stick out (Storm in Heaven on tape from Action Records or my first ever CD from upstairs in WH Smith at St Georges to get "And Then She Smiles" by The Mock Turtles because it was in the bargain bin

Certainly liked it.

Still do.
But the big question.... did you get in?

Sliding doors moment I suppose but it all worked out pretty well in the end.

Even got to see Chris Isaak sing the song in Sydney!

Best Football song ever...

Went to watch PWEI at the University Venue in the early 90's. Came on stage, mimed a couple of songs, threw their dummy out because someone threw a plastic water bottle on stage & the f****d off... Shysters!

I'm disappointed this diamond doesnt get mentioned in this thread. The brass section is magnificent

Went to watch PWEI at the University Venue in the early 90's. Came on stage, mimed a couple of songs, threw their dummy out because someone threw a plastic water bottle on stage & the f****d off... Shysters!

I'm disappointed this diamond doesnt get mentioned in this thread. The brass section is magnificent

It’s mentioned more than once but well done for finding the video.

I no longer have the 1982 album on cassette but I tracked down a vinyl version this week and it’s now winging its way towards me.

Viv Anderson and Trevor Francis doing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ is a memorable moment in recording history.

New Order's is the better song by traditional measures I think and really resonates with me as the first tournament I was old enough to properly get into and understand. Similarly euro '96 was a bit of a coming of age time for me as I was about to head to university.

Both iconic to me but in different ways and I always enjoy hearing them.

New Order's is the better song by traditional measures I think and really resonates with me as the first tournament I was old enough to properly get into and understand. Similarly euro '96 was a bit of a coming of age time for me as I was about to head to university.

Both iconic to me but in different ways and I always enjoy hearing them.
Irrespective of which is best, they are the 3 tunes that I will blast out at 7-45pm on Sunday night…….

I mentioned it on Page 1 Bucky…..

World in Motion is probably a better constructed song but there is a connection with three lions that just makes it more special.

It has actually grown as a song and much more than that now, it's almost part of English Culture now.

My youngest daughter who is 11 keeps playing it and singing it and she's not really into football but loves it.

Despite what some make out it's not about arrogance, it's about a constant dream that will be successful despite constant disappointment. Has many links to my relationship with England and North End.

If anything I love that song more now than I did when I remember queuing to buy it in Asda in 1996.

World in Motion as much as its a good song just doesn't have that same connection of vibe.

Vinderloo is a good laugh and also has its place but for me (especially if we win on Sunday) three lions is the number one all the way.

I remember going to Meadow Lane first game of the 96/97 season. It was the first time I heard the PNE fan's version of '3 Lions'. He's sewing bags etc. Whoever came up with that one is a lyrical genius.

I remember going to Meadow Lane first game of the 96/97 season. It was the first time I heard the PNE fan's version of '3 Lions'. He's sewing bags etc. Whoever came up with that one is a lyrical genius.

It was Shaky (well at least he claimed it was).💙