PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best England Song Ever.

Best England Song Ever.

• Total voters
Sorry if any offence was caused by my earlier post. It's now been deleted. Probably pushed the boundaries too far.

World in motion
End of thread
Hooky does it at his gigs. Brilliant
And of course the John Barnes rap. Fun fact. Very few players turned up and it want the plan that Barnes did the rap. It was meant for Keith Allen
Plus the others are pretty crap songs in general whereas world in motion is a good song in its own right
Fact of the day - Brother in law knocks about with Hooky.

Three lions for me. Captured the mood and the era perfectly - a hot summer, a decent England team, the involvement of Skinner and Baddiel in that 'bloke' era. Perfect. Knocks other football songs into a cocked hat.
World in motion brings back great memories of a lad's holiday I was on in Corfu during Italia 90, watching all the footy in various bars.
That Vindaloo song is shit, cringeworthy and sounds like it was written by thuggish racist blokes who know nowt about football. 'We will score one more than you'? Who the heck would sing that? Sounds like what primary school kids might shout to each other in the yard. Rubbish.

Three lions for me. Captured the mood and the era perfectly - a hot summer, a decent England team, the involvement of Skinner and Baddiel in that 'bloke' era. Perfect. Knocks other football songs into a cocked hat.
World in motion brings back great memories of a lad's holiday I was on in Corfu during Italia 90, watching all the footy in various bars.
That Vindaloo song is shit, cringeworthy and sounds like it was written by thuggish racist blokes who know nowt about football. 'We will score one more than you'? Who the heck would sing that? Sounds like what primary school kids might shout to each other in the yard. Rubbish.
I think you might be over analysing it.
Of the three, yes it's the worse by a country mile as a piece of music and the less said about the lyrics the better but for a feel good, hot sunny day let it all out anthem then it's top notch.

Three Lions is at number 4 in the charts.

World in Motion is number 61.

My views rarely accord with the popular majority but they do on this occasion.

And we’re right.

Saw something interesting (or sad) on that this week

Due to the way the charts are complied these days due to Ed Sheran having 9 songs in the top 10, songs that re enter the charts now have to be streamed double amount of times as opposed to a new entry.

So Ed's new song only has to be streamed 600 times to equal what would be a 'sale' where as three lions needs to be streamed 1,200 times to have the same 'sale' so in reality it is absolutely blitzing anything else out there.

Also if three lions is the only song to be number one four times by the same artist.

I guess that emphasis your point.

Three lions is now part of the nations culture.

I
Saw something interesting (or sad) on that this week

Due to the way the charts are complied these days due to Ed Sheran having 9 songs in the top 10, songs that re enter the charts now have to be streamed double amount of times as opposed to a new entry.

So Ed's new song only has to be streamed 600 times to equal what would be a 'sale' where as three lions needs to be streamed 1,200 times to have the same 'sale' so in reality it is absolutely blitzing anything else out there.

Also if three lions is the only song to be number one four times by the same artist.

I guess that emphasis your point.

Three lions is now part of the nations culture.
I got as far Ed

There's a reason it's fully embedded in the nation's footballing psyche. It's the perfect football anthem. It's an incredibly made piece of pop music.

World in motion I’m sure is the better song musically , and Skinner and Baddiels singing is undeniably dreadful.

But as a football song, it’s no contest. I’ve never heard the former sung by fans anywhere. 3 lions is a phenomenon in England and across Europe .

Went to watch PWEI at the University Venue in the early 90's. Came on stage, mimed a couple of songs, threw their dummy out because someone threw a plastic water bottle on stage & the f****d off... Shysters!

I'm disappointed this diamond doesnt get mentioned in this thread. The brass section is magnificent

Saw PWEI in Sydney about 6 years ago, they were like an aged Ant n Dec. Good fun though.

I love This Time!
World in Motion is a great song, but 3 Lions is just the one that everyone can, and do, get behind.
Vindaloo is dogshit.