Best Preston takeaway

buckshawwhite

Advisor to the Owner
Having moved away from Buckshaw I know all of these!

Agree on Antonello's 100% and Six Burgerz is decent.
Always disappointed by Nana Jans.

Now I live in Bartle the scores on the doors overall are

Indian - struggling for one since Shanti Lounge closed
Chinese - Golden Hill Leyland
Pizza - Antonellos'. Volare a close second.
Chippy Tea - Andreas, Penwortham - never been beaten.
Don't do Thai or Kebabs but I used to love Mick's Hut on Corporation Street!!
Fully agree on Shanti Lounge. It was always my go to for an Indian. It's demise still saddens me to this day

Dr Marten

First Team
Toni's used to be my default for Pizza but the kids got too fussy and we would always end up with a bland offering from Pizza Hut. However since we tried Mr Slice Guy on Wellington Rd in Ashton we've not been anywhere else. I thoroughly recommend everyone tries it as they are ace.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Toni's used to be my default for Pizza but the kids got too fussy and we would always end up with a bland offering from Pizza Hut. However since we tried Mr Slice Guy on Wellington Rd in Ashton we've not been anywhere else. I thoroughly recommend everyone tries it as they are ace.
I live in Euxton but every Wednesday over the last few weeks we have been breaking our week up ( working from home ) by having a drive to Lytham or St Anne’s to get Fish and Chips for wur tea…

Based on your recommendation we have decided that we will go to Lytham this coming Wednesday and then go home via Mr Slice Guy..

Do you have any specific pizza recommendation @Dr Marten ??

Dr Marten

First Team
I live in Euxton but every Wednesday over the last few weeks we have been breaking our week up ( working from home ) by having a drive to Lytham or St Anne’s to get Fish and Chips for wur tea…

Based on your recommendation we have decided that we will go to Lytham this coming Wednesday and then go home via Mr Slice Guy..

Do you have any specific pizza recommendation @Dr Marten ??
Mr Slice Guy is still new and I have not worked my way through the menu just yet. However my default is always Ham and Mushroom which is superb. The 'Vulcan' (Salami, Ham and Chorizo) is also another favourite. The veggie pizza is decent too. We always get the seasoned fries which I also recommend too.

Depending on your point of view the Ham and Pineapple could be aptly titled as it's called 'Billy no mates' on the menu.

I've seen reviews on Facebook that complain it's a bit pricey but I don't think it is and it's worth it anyway. I hope you enjoy.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Mr Slice Guy is still new and I have not worked my way through the menu just yet. However my default is always Ham and Mushroom which is superb. The 'Vulcan' (Salami, Ham and Chorizo) is also another favourite. The veggie pizza is decent too. We always get the seasoned fries which I also recommend too.

Depending on your point of view the Ham and Pineapple could be aptly titled as it's called 'Billy no mates' on the menu.

I've seen reviews on Facebook that complain it's a bit pricey but I don't think it is and it's worth it anyway. I hope you enjoy.
Cheers DM, I was looking at the menu earlier and I don’t think that the prices are too bad at all….. we will definitely be giving it a go on Wednesday.

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Tonis in Plungy for pizza is the only takeaway that I'd ever recommend.......... West End chippy is good under the two Rumanian war criminals but was far better when owned by Pete...
😂

Still the best chippy around, you can't beat post match their Chips n Peas in a tray on the walk home.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
Are we supposed to be giving cash tips out to Just Eat drivers?

I've had a few takeaways recently and upon handing over my food, the drivers seem to hover around a bit as if they're waiting for me to hand over a tip.

I know on UberEats there's an option to give a tip during the checkout process and I always give 10%, but I'm not sure if it's now become common to tip just eat drivers too? Am I missing something?

It happened again this afternoon and I can't stop thinking about it. It made me feel like a bit of a tit.