PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Best Preston takeaway

After rave reviews from a some friends and neighbours we ordered from 3Bz on Lane Ends on Friday night.

Won't make that mistake again. Lamb chops were all gristle, chips undercooked, burger was luke warm and soggy, chicken and rice was basically a box full to the brim with plain boiled rice, once the chicken from the top was gone, the rest was just waste.

And it's expensive too, wouldn't mind if the quality matched the price.

One to avoid.

After rave reviews from a some friends and neighbours we ordered from 3Bz on Lane Ends on Friday night.

Won't make that mistake again. Lamb chops were all gristle, chips undercooked, burger was luke warm and soggy, chicken and rice was basically a box full to the brim with plain boiled rice, once the chicken from the top was gone, the rest was just waste.

One to avoid.

Yeah I ordered from there a while back. I thought the chicken burger was actually quite nice but, agree about those chicken boxes. We opted for the lemon chicken with chips instead of rice.

Absolute piss take, the silver square box was full to the brim with soggy undercooked chips, sneakily covered with a thin layer of the chicken. So we basically paid £10 for a box of soggy chips, and a tiny amount of chicken. Literally about 1 chicken breast worth of chicken.

The donner meat was full of white crunchy gristle.

Joke of a place that gaff.

Mr Slice Guy is still new and I have not worked my way through the menu just yet. However my default is always Ham and Mushroom which is superb. The 'Vulcan' (Salami, Ham and Chorizo) is also another favourite. The veggie pizza is decent too. We always get the seasoned fries which I also recommend too.

Depending on your point of view the Ham and Pineapple could be aptly titled as it's called 'Billy no mates' on the menu.

I've seen reviews on Facebook that complain it's a bit pricey but I don't think it is and it's worth it anyway. I hope you enjoy.
Bet it’s cheaper than dominos.

We should start a worst takeaway thread.

3Bz, Casablanca and Santa's are the worst I've had in recent years.

Don Mario in Ribbleton, wow, the cheese they used on the pizzas was so salty. Never had pizza like it.
There was a place on Ribbleton Lane, seemed to be only open a couple of months and then shut down because of something family related. I haven't been so disappointed by an exciting sounding menu in ages.

One to avoid.
That's annoying, isn't it. You don't expect perfection (sometimes you might get it if you're lucky) but anything less than acceptable, then there's no point in being a take away business. I'd have rung up and told them, maybe they had an off night, you never know. (Edit) Based on 1880's experience, doesn't look like it, sadly.

That's annoying, isn't it. You don't expect perfection (sometimes you might get it if you're lucky) but anything less than acceptable, then there's no point in being a take away business. I'd have rung up and told them, maybe they had an off night, you never know. (Edit) Based on 1880's experience, doesn't look like it, sadly.
I will say, they probably can get it right, they do some specialty burgers, all sound great on the menu and seem well thought out. The burger my daughter ordered probably would've been tasty, had it not been soggy and cold.

I will say, they probably can get it right, they do some specialty burgers, all sound great on the menu and seem well thought out. The burger my daughter ordered probably would've been tasty, had it not been soggy and cold.
It's not good enough, that though. They need to deliver it satisfactorily.

One to avoid.
That just sounds grim, what a horrible experience. Out of interest did you contact them?

Never used Just Eat etc and I never ever will.

You run the risk of the food being cold, you run the risk of the courier having had a sneaky nibble (we've all seen the YouTube videos of such acts) and you run the risk of the order being incomplete.

I always go and buy any takeaway of mine in person.

To be fair, we've had KFC delivered a couple of times in last few weeks and it wasn't much better. Cold, greasy, and poor quality chicken
Same thing here Worthy the last time i had KFC.....

We are not big eaters of KFC, maybe eating it about 3 times a year but i always used to like the fillet burgers with coleslaw and fries....

The last time i had one it was dreadful - the coating was coming off and the chicken did not look right from a colour point of view so i threw it away.. I complained and got a £15 voucher but its that rare that we go, that it is probably out of date by now !!!

Same thing here Worthy the last time i had KFC.....

We are not big eaters of KFC, maybe eating it about 3 times a year but i always used to like the fillet burgers with coleslaw and fries....

The last time i had one it was dreadful - the coating was coming off and the chicken did not look right from a colour point of view so i threw it away.. I complained and got a £15 voucher but its that rare that we go, that it is probably out of date by now !!!
It might just be an age thing, but I always remember KFC being fairly decent. Half-decent quality for a fast food place. But I never seem to have that experience any more.

You run the risk of the food being cold, you run the risk of the courier having had a sneaky nibble (we've all seen the YouTube videos of such acts) and you run the risk of the order being incomplete.

Works out cheaper as well usually doesn't it?

Besides, the random drawer in the kitchen looks lonely without takeaway menus in it.

Me too, it’s quicker as well