PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

betting firm on children's shirts

just need to Rant.....

my disabled daughter turned 12 at weekend and so her older brother wanted to buy her a new shirt.

we went to the shop but the largest childrens sizes are too small for her (no she isnt fat) and is marketed as being 13 - 15 size.

Her only option was to buy an adult shirt...... with 32RED on.

I said a 12 y.o. cant or WONT wear a shirt advertising a gambling firm - after all our Youth Teams arent allowed too.

The solution? " like it or lump it"....they are received pre printed and she will have to have an adult one.

So WE LEFT IT and she wont get one.....

Rant over

Agree with you entirely from a moral perspective, a child shouldn't be wearing a betting company logo.

However I dont think that the club or kit supplier is to blame for the sizing of a Nike product.

I’ve never been to Pontins, I use Hargreaves Perkins Insurance Brokers not Garretts, I don’t buy Coloroll paint (Farrow and Ball is much better) and I don’t have a Baxi Boiler.

even if she had fit the shirt aimed at 13 - 15 yo's who decides a 16 is an adult ????
they cant gamble at that age nor have to pay adult prices at Deepdale.....

fact is the smaller they make the shirts the more they can charge (+VAT) by making kids buy adult ones...
It's an industry standard across clothing overall. The logic as I perceive it, is that clothing designed for and aimed at children wouldn't necessarily be desirable to an over 16, who most likely view themselves as young adults and wish to represent themselves in such a way. That logic doesn't necessarily apply here, but to look at it from the other side, if you were an 18 year old, going for your first pre-match pint with your mates, you'd likely come in for some stick if you had the 'childrens' logo across your shirt.

I’ve never been to Pontins, I use Hargreaves Perkins Insurance Brokers not Garretts, I don’t buy Coloroll paint (Farrow and Ball is much better) and I don’t have a Baxi Boiler.
I’ve never been a member of UKIP but I wouldn’t buy a PNE kit with ‘I ❤️ Nigel Farage’ printed across the chest

Update

I did express my concerns to the club before the forum and have just had a very satisfactory reply.

I'm happy therefore for this thread to 'be parked' if someone can sort it.

Thanks to 'the club officials'.
Would it really have been the end of the world if she had '32 RED' on her shirt ? I think the junior replicas should be just that and if it means having a gambling logo so be it otherwise its not a replica.

just need to Rant.....

my disabled daughter turned 12 at weekend and so her older brother wanted to buy her a new shirt.

we went to the shop but the largest childrens sizes are too small for her (no she isnt fat) and is marketed as being 13 - 15 size.

Her only option was to buy an adult shirt...... with 32RED on.

I said a 12 y.o. cant or WONT wear a shirt advertising a gambling firm - after all our Youth Teams arent allowed too.

The solution? " like it or lump it"....they are received pre printed and she will have to have an adult one.

So WE LEFT IT and she wont get one.....

Rant over
My son is 15 and small for his age. Most people would describe him as skinny. Weighs about 50kg and the 13-15 shirt is way too small in length and fit. He wanted the kit so bought it himself, again with 32 Red on which I’m not too thrilled about, but he only wears it when we go to the game... oh...

it now means if I ever want to buy a kit, he and I need the same size, which is ridiculous really as I am a normal sized nearly 50 year old.

Would it really have been the end of the world if she had '32 RED' on her shirt ? I think the junior replicas should be just that and if it means having a gambling logo so be it otherwise its not a replica.
yes it would - which is why our Y T arent allowed to wear Replica's either......

I dont believe children should advertise anything they arent allowed to benefit from or support a charity like Rainbow House etc.

plus adult shirts are dearer and can charge VAT which means its a deliberate marketing ploy by Nike et al. to under size.

yes it would - which is why our Y T arent allowed to wear Replica's either......

I dont believe children should advertise anything they arent allowed to benefit from or support a charity like Rainbow House etc.

plus adult shirts are dearer and can charge VAT which means its a deliberate marketing ploy by Nike et al. to under size.
A quick Google shows that Nike measurements are on the button compared to average sizing. It's not just a VAT conspiracy!

If it means gambling so be it otherwise it can’t be an addiction.
Start our youth as we want them to carry on?