PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Birmingham City v PNE - 21/01/33 - KO:15:00 - Championship

First half wasn’t too bad but the second half has been absolutely awful.
Blasting it forward to nobody and the ball just coming straight back.
I can’t remember a shot on goal after half time.

Game Management...Embrace it :rolleyes:

We didn't 'just hold on', they didn't make real chances. We effectively stifled them, as boring as it was. Whether we like it or not, it worked and we got 3 points.

If we'd pushed more forward and got done on the counter, we'd have crucified him, and deservedly, for being so naive.

That's called hindsight............. I wouldn't be so cocky if i were you. Those tactics with our dodgy defence ( as you said ) could easily have kicked us in the knackers

This sort of performance wouldn't bother me at all (we had plenty of similar away wins under the likes of Moyes and Grayson) if we were actually playing some attractive , winning football at home,

Still, given our home form is what it is, 3 more points towards safety aren't to be sniffed at.
Fully agree.

You take 3 points whichever way you can get them away from home, doesn’t matter if it’s dirty hoofball.

But you have to look to win and dominate at home. Especially when we have a supposed brand.

Turn the home form around and we might fluke something.

Jordan Graham should have been burying that chance to be fair. We played a risky game but got away with it, front two did well, but I think Riis scores in the system today.