birmingham points deduction??????

Mortis

Forum Patron
Patron
Big club like Birmingham to face a fine or points deduction ? no chance
if this was Chester , Bury etc then 6 points off and a 200k fine spring to mind.

WIBG

Banned
Big club like Birmingham to face a fine or points deduction ? no chance
if this was Chester , Bury etc then 6 points off and a 200k fine spring to mind.

They are playing Leeds, well suppose to be. Why are people not sticking up for them? Are they not a big club?

WIBG

Banned
Just read on another site that if the Blues call the game off they could face fine/points deduction but if the Football League call the game off then its just re-arranged like our game with Ipswich was lsat year. Apparently there is a pitch inspection at 11.00am tomorrow.

noelpne

Youth Team
Why can't they just re-arrange the fixture? Not like the opportunities for the match are running-out.

But what a dumb time of year to re-lay the pitch.

Ay, it looked o.k. V. PNE & o.k. on telly V.Newcastle.

Just read on another site that if the Blues call the game off they could face fine/points deduction but if the Football League call the game off then its just re-arranged like our game with Ipswich was lsat year. Apparently there is a pitch inspection at 11.00am tomorrow.

I thought it said on ssn earlier today that the ref had inspected the pitch and the game is off. it also said tho that as the rainfall was a lot more expected than usual this last week, and brum had relaid it because of safety/injury issues and carried out all necessary precautions that a points deduction woul be harsh...pity :rolleyes:

C

CAMRPNE

In the initial press releases there were no mentions of injuries being caused by the old pitch being the reason why they opted to relay this week rather than next.

The story about Bendtner being injured due to the pitch came out later yesterday on the BBC website and is discussed on a different thread. Smacked a little of excuse making after the event to me :rolleyes:

I hope Birmingham are forced to pay compensation to fans who have got non refundable travel arrangements for the game, as that would be the decent thing to do. However, as this is not within the remit of any sanctioning body it will no doubt be a fine that benefits no one but the leagues bank manager.

Missionary

Reserve
10 point deduction, £250,000 fine, McSheffery to play with his leg tied to a goal post for 6 games and no supper at bedtime. That should do em!

I see Karen Brady's sweet talking the FA already and you know what will happen ................................FA.

Albertan

Youth Team
Why can't they just re-arrange the fixture? Not like the opportunities for the match are running-out.

But what a dumb time of year to re-lay the pitch.

Ay, it looked o.k. V. PNE & o.k. on telly V.Newcastle.

Agreed noel..............has anyone ever heard of a football pitch (at this level of the game) being re-laid at this time of year? Clubs have more than three months in the off season to resolve these sort of problems.........why wait until the middle of winter?

I think that Birmingham should be made to play this game now either behind closed doors or on a neutral ground............a fine or losing points is another option but as we have seen with Leeds earlier this season that's prob not going to happen......... points deduction I mean.

Curtiss

Youth Team
All that will happen is Brum will get a heafty fine. No points deduction, it just shows you how the size of a club can influence a decision.
i.e, Bookings, fines & re-laid pitches not being ready for the next league fixture etc.

The blues should at least get a 2 point deduction aswell as a fine, but only time will tell!!

Up the whites!!!

PENNYWHITE

First Team
Funny how the suspension will give their injured best player additional time to recover.
Funny Pete, I was just thinking what a cynical old git I was becoming for thinking similar. I don't think it's just one player either, I'm sure I've heard they've got a bit of an injury crisis!

amfy

Youth Team
Doesn't happen to "BIG" clubs eh?
Well apart from taking issue with the definition of "big", I rememeber a few seasons ago Middlesboro pulled out of a fixture as flu swept through their camp and they couldn't find 11 players well enough to play. They were docked 3 points for failing to fulfill a fixture and I believe those three points at the end of the season were the difference between them staying up and going down.

Now I would say that Middlesboro's situation was unavoidable but it still cost them dear. Birmingham, on the other hand, decided to try and re-lay their pitch in a week in January, when, after today, they would have had 2 weeks to complete the task. It's poor planning and was wholly avoidable.

Bentner apparently twisted his ankle on a divot which made this an "emergency". I beg to differ. For the sake of one week they could have checked the pitch and done their best to level it. I am sure that clubs throughout leagues 1 & 2 are playing on worse pitches, and every season we see certain pitches that disintegrate mid season due to a particular set of conditions, but not even the mighty Chelsea (whose surface last season was dreadful) have found it necessary to dig their pitch up mid-season, let alone try to do it in a week.

I'd say dock them the points, but then I (maybe even more than you) would!!!

Oh dear! First they print their diaries with Villa's honours in (couldn't find any of their own) and now this! They make it so easy!

kc1968

Youth Team
Doesn't happen to "BIG" clubs eh?
Well apart from taking issue with the definition of "big", I rememeber a few seasons ago Middlesboro pulled out of a fixture as flu swept through their camp and they couldn't find 11 players well enough to play. They were docked 3 points for failing to fulfill a fixture and I believe those three points at the end of the season were the difference between them staying up and going down.

Now I would say that Middlesboro's situation was unavoidable but it still cost them dear. Birmingham, on the other hand, decided to try and re-lay their pitch in a week in January, when, after today, they would have had 2 weeks to complete the task. It's poor planning and was wholly avoidable.

Bentner apparently twisted his ankle on a divot which made this an "emergency". I beg to differ. For the sake of one week they could have checked the pitch and done their best to level it. I am sure that clubs throughout leagues 1 & 2 are playing on worse pitches, and every season we see certain pitches that disintegrate mid season due to a particular set of conditions, but not even the mighty Chelsea (whose surface last season was dreadful) have found it necessary to dig their pitch up mid-season, let alone try to do it in a week.

I'd say dock them the points, but then I (maybe even more than you) would!!!

Oh dear! First they print their diaries with Villa's honours in (couldn't find any of their own) and now this! They make it so easy!

With the Middlesbrough thing, they applied for the game to be postponed but the League said no cos they did have enough players to field a side - but it would've been a weak side. Middlesbrough called it off anyway hence the points deduction.

Birmingham's application for postponement was agreed to but with the proviso that there will be an investigation and possible points deduction for failing to fulfil a fixture. If the circumstances are as you set out with no mitigating factors, then for me, there is a clear case for a deduction.

amfy

Youth Team
Even funnier really is the fact that they bought Wembley's spare pitch for a small fortune in order to carry out this fiasco. Now, by trying to lay it in a week, they have destroyed it and have got to find another one! They're going to have fun trying to find pitch quality turf and get it laid in the next fortnight - could it get worse? (or better?!!!!:D )

flipper

Forum Patron
Patron
unofficial news is that it will be a fine with a 3pt deduction according to the brum fans and match to be re-arranged