PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

What the fuck is wrong with the US? People peacefully protesting in front of the WH and the police kettle them in and charged at them. Now throwing tear gas and flash bombs. Absolutely disgraceful.

Exactly the type of thing which escalates it from 'protesting' which they are constitutionally supposed to be free to do to 'rioting'.

A needless aggressive response to people exercising their civil rights can very easily lead to an aggressive response in return. It doesn't take genius to grasp that.

I'm hoping the statement of this cop, who was featured in a tweet posted here earlier, gets wide coverage. Sanity from at least one cop.

Trump's address to the nation tonight is ominous to say the least!

What the fuck is wrong with the US? People peacefully protesting in front of the WH and the police kettle them in and charged at them. Now throwing tear gas and flash bombs. Absolutely disgraceful.
It appears it was for a photo opportunity showing Trump holding up a bible in front of I believe what is called the President's Church, just a short walk from the actual Whitehouse. Trump stands in front of the church holding up a bible, for photos to be taken, and mumbles something about how great America is or similar. For some reason, in my mind, Trump and Religion don't seem quite on the same page.

Well. The US is going to descend into civil war.

A similar situation occurred 6 years ago when Eric Garner died after saying around a dozen times "I can't breathe" while being held in a 'choke hold' by police.

eric_garner.jpg

There are number of differences in the latest case. Firstly though the above picture is bad enough and the video of the choking was even worse as he continually cried "I can't breathe" I think the George Floyd incident is somehow even worse graphically.

Another difference is that no police faced charges for the death of Eric Garner but it would appear this time they will. This time it's so graphically horrendous and went on so long it's likely they simply can't wriggle out of this one.

And lastly when Eric Garner died a rational and compassionate man, Barack Obama, was in the White House, and this time we have the insane and zero compassion visage of Trump and all that aside from the stink of racism that has been been emanating from him since even before day one of his tenure.

If anybody could trigger a civil war right now it wont be George Floyd. It will be Trump.

A similar situation occurred 6 years ago when Eric Garner died after saying around a dozen times "I can't breathe" while being held in a 'choke hold' by police.

eric_garner.jpg

There are number of differences in the latest case. Firstly though the above picture is bad enough and the video of the choking was even worse as he continually cried "I can't breathe" I think the George Floyd incident is somehow even worse graphically.

Another difference is that no police faced charges for the death of Eric Garner but it would appear this time they will. This time it's so graphically horrendous and went on so long it's likely they simply can't wriggle out of this one.

And lastly when Eric Garner died a rational and compassionate man, Barack Obama, was in the White House, and this time we have the insane and zero compassion visage of Trump and all that aside from the stink of racism that has been been emanating from him since even before day one of his tenure.

If anybody could trigger a civil war right now it wont be George Floyd. It will be Trump.
I think the Eric Garner case has had a big influence on the reaction to George Floyd. As if to say-that better not fucking happen again.

Wow that's powerful. I can't say what I'd like to do to the cop who nicked him. Shows the power of peaceful protest.

It is indeed powerful and in these chaotic times individuals like this should be elevated and remembered. He's doing his part attempting to inject some sanity into the madness all around which is being further fueled by the insanity of Trump.

For some reason he and others like him remind me of a quote from a Winston Churchill speech made on July 14th 1940 following the fall of France and just days after the opening stages of the Battle of Britain. The speech is called 'War of the Unknown Warriors'

I will slightly modify the quote by changing just one word to suit the circumstances we find ourselves in.

This is a War of the Unknown Warriors; but let all strive without failing in faith or in duty, and the dark curse of Trump will be lifted from our age.

It is indeed powerful and in these chaotic times individuals like this should be elevated and remembered. He's doing his part attempting to inject some sanity into the madness all around which is being further fueled by the insanity of Trump.

For some reason he and others like him remind me of a quote from a Winston Churchill speech made on July 14th 1940 following the fall of France and just days after the opening stages of the Battle of Britain. The speech is called 'War of the Unknown Warriors'

I will slightly modify the quote by changing just one word to suit the circumstances we find ourselves in.

This is a War of the Unknown Warriors; but let all strive without failing in faith or in duty, and the dark curse of Trump will be lifted from our age.
I'm starting to imagine the relief of Trump getting voted out-dare we go there. Another term of this degenerate will have serious consequences-if it hasn't already.

I'm starting to imagine the relief of Trump getting voted out-dare we go there. Another term of this degenerate will have serious consequences-if it hasn't already.

I'm frankly terrified at the prospect of him getting another 4 years. I sense he would be emboldened to take the insanity to new levels. Surely the vast majority of sane people can see this man is dangerous and becoming more dangerous almost by the day. A classic example of the lunatics taking over the asylum.

F6DCC14A-E9F4-4E4A-AA74-E0D94CD53625.jpeg.dda886b13fb439907b707be7bf59eee2.jpeg

I'm frankly terrified at the prospect of him getting another 4 years. I sense he would be emboldened to take the insanity to new levels. Surely the vast majority of sane people can see this man is dangerous and becoming more dangerous almost by the day. A classic example of the lunatics taking over the asylum.

F6DCC14A-E9F4-4E4A-AA74-E0D94CD53625.jpeg.dda886b13fb439907b707be7bf59eee2.jpeg

Well I am not much terrified; if you are perhaps, you should come and live over here

I said earlier, whatever TRUMP says (as it’s plenty) he hasn’t dragged US into any Land Wars like some previous Presidents of both Parties, which what ‘over here’ most of us are more concerned about

And by and large WE are a more tolerant society than some of our left wing colleagues might have you believe

Apart from The North London ‘Incident’ most of us ‘rub along’ together and get on with our daily lives

Don’t believe everything you believe on here, not by a long Chalk

What is going on over there is horrendous. I saw the Video of George Floyd and i just don't get the Police aggression. In the UK i feel the Police are too soft but in the US, too aggressive. The guy hadn't done much wrong and you could see he was clearly struggling. It was quite sad to watch for this poor man.
They can be as bad as each other however, black and white. Yesterday i saw 4 young black men in their 20's beat up an elderly lady protecting her shop so they could loot it. My point is, we should take a step back a little and see what's going on apart from innocent black males being targetted. Both black and white are running amock in the US looting and massively breaking the law and nobody will be charged as there are too many. The next time you sit and feel sorry for someone because they are black then that's kind of the problem. They need to be looked at as a Human and disregard the skin because at the end of the day, the victim was a victim, the Looters are Looters whether they are black or white.
I really hope George Floyd family get some justice on this. He hadn't raped or killed anyone but they treat him like a fucking Sheep about to be slaughtered.

Well John it emerges that the demonstration was permitted and peaceful and the road was actually closed for that purpose. Still want to claim that the driver was just trying to make a delivery? I'll let you know when more information emerges such as possibly commandeering the lorry or the driver's membership of a far right group. Just in case you want more egg or your face.
Looks like you have egg on your face camel toe I think you owe John T an apology he was making a delivery apparently.
Sorry in doesn't fit in with your left wing bleeding faux bollocks yet again jumping the gun Suggesting it was a far right member commandeering the lorry before the facts were out Dear oh dear .
Are you a patron yet tight arse?

Looks like you have egg on your face camel toe I think you owe John T an apology he was making a delivery apparently.
Sorry in doesn't fit in with your left wing bleeding faux bollocks yet again jumping the gun Suggesting it was a far right member commandeering the lorry before the facts were out Dear oh dear .
Are you a patron yet tight arse?
Jesus Christ is this real? That's awful. if he was a Muslim there would be a War on a Muslim nation.