PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

Good news that the racist tosser has had his account suspended.

Now instead of pulling down ancient statues of white people who had their trade banned by other white people... perhaps BLM could turn their gaze to Africa where today an estimated 10 million are enslaved by other Africans.

That is around 16 times more (1500%) than were enslaved in America in over 350 years.

Just a thought.

Good news that the racist tosser has had his account suspended.

Now instead of pulling down ancient statues of white people who had their trade banned by other white people... perhaps BLM could turn their gaze to Africa where today an estimated 10 million are enslaved by other Africans.

That is around 16 times more (1500%) than were enslaved in America in over 350 years.

Just a thought.
interesting.

do you think BLM protests arent happening in Africa?

I think the people behind BLM are the flipside of Mr Vance’s rather shitty coin.

I think they’re as racist as he is. I wish the whole lot of them would leave the rest of us to get along under the law and let justice take its course.

Black lives matter. You want to protest against slavery - find it here in the UK (there’s enough) or get yourself over to Libya and protest there.

Or you could just jump on a bandwagon of robots chanting meaningless slogans and piss off the decent middle 90% of the populace.

I think the people behind BLM are the flipside of Mr Vance’s rather shitty coin.

I think they’re as racist as he is. I wish the whole lot of them would leave the rest of us to get along under the law and let justice take its course.

Black lives matter. You want to protest against slavery - find it here in the UK (there’s enough) or get yourself over to Libya and protest there.

Or you could just jump on a bandwagon of robots chanting meaningless slogans and piss off the decent middle 90% of the populace.
So you think there are no BLM protests in Africa?

So you think there are no BLM protests in Africa?
I didn’t say that. I made a point about some of the protests thus far in Europe and the US.
You telling me that Africans are protesting in Africa won’t invalidate my opinion. Although you may feel it does.

I didn’t say that. I made a point about some of the protests thus far in Europe and the US.
You telling me that Africans are protesting in Africa won’t invalidate my opinion. Although you may feel it does.
No you didnt, you made this point:

perhaps BLM could turn their gaze to Africa

Implying they are ignoring the continent.

do you want to revisit that comment?

No you didnt, you made this point:

Implying they are ignoring the continent.

do you want to revisit that comment?

Naah, you stick with your imaginary win which sweeps the reality behind the comfortable media narrative and offers the general public (especially the young) a dangerously selective view of history which only serves to further divide people!

Ta 😊

Naah, you stick with your imaginary win which sweeps the reality behind the comfortable media narrative and offers the general public (especially the young) a dangerously selective view of history which only serves to further divide people!

Ta 😊
Meanwhile you can stick with your imaginary victim complex.

Note the date on this BTW

Meanwhile you keep getting wound up about statues, which were pulled down by white people here, whilst some of us will see racism where it exists even tho it might make us feel uncomfortable and have to look inside at ourselves, occasionally.

So you produce a flyer and a few paragraphs that talk about solidarity with their “brothers and sisters” in America but no mention of black on black violence and slavery in Africa that Mersey was talking about.

Meanwhile you keep getting wound up about statues, which were pulled down by white people here, whilst some of us will see racism where it exists even tho it might make us feel uncomfortable and have to look inside at ourselves, occasionally.

I genuinely thought you we’re going to show me Africans in Africa protesting against modern day slavery in Africa, in order to parry my original post.

Almost pissed myself laughing Raef.

They are protesting in Africa against poor treatment of their ‘brothers in the US’. When there is 16 times more slavery on their own continent in one day than occurred in the entire slave trade to the US.

Far from arguing against it ...You’ve kind of made my point.

There are plenty of articles to be found that do exactly that, including from some of the African leaders.

It took nothing of a search, BTW.

I genuinely thought you we’re going to show me Africans in Africa protesting against modern day slavery in Africa, in order to parry my original post.

Almost pissed myself laughing Raef.

They are protesting in Africa against poor treatment of their ‘brothers in the US’. When there is 16 times more slavery on their own continent in one day than occurred in the entire slave trade to the US.

Far from arguing against it ...You’ve kind of made my point.
so you think Africans arent protesting about that?

Really, I mean really?

Youre much more intelligent than that.

I think.

BLM in Africa protesting against Africans enslaving blacks in Africa?
BLM in Africa is protesting against the treatment by colonialism and white peoples treatment around the world of black people.

Theyre telling white people that Black Lives Matter.

in Parallel to this there are growing protests about western imperialism that encourages poverty in the subcontinent.

The 2 are not incompatible.

I look forward to seeing your banners in support of black people who are being oppressed by other Black people.

heres a good place for you to start.

I am a little confused by the whataboutery that has started to creep in.

glad we can agree that slavery is pretty terrible, now or back in the day, and that there is a problem with crime & violence in some communities that clearly doesn’t cross racial lines (at the end of the day though, it’s just crime, not a reason to ignore other problems because ‘what about’).

(particularly in the US case), BLM is mostly prompted by systemic problems like being attacked by the people who are supposed to protect you, and nobody holding them accountable, or in some cases giving a shit at all. That’s very different from normal person to person violence, including gangs etc.

Point scoring over who did/does worse to who is somewhat missing the point, none of these things should happen, and we should be figuring out how to make sure they don’t based on how they came about in the first place. What’s key to the conversation is how differently people are treated, example - no knock warrants, really popular with police gang units, but not for financial crimes, despite the ease of deleting / burning documents. Breonna Taylor for example was killed by police exercising one of those very warrants. six months later, no police officer has been charged with murder. Six months. I wonder what the average time to charge someone not in the police is in that same city...

I am a little confused by the whataboutery that has started to creep in.

glad we can agree that slavery is pretty terrible, now or back in the day, and that there is a problem with crime & violence in some communities that clearly doesn’t cross racial lines (at the end of the day though, it’s just crime, not a reason to ignore other problems because ‘what about’).

(particularly in the US case), BLM is mostly prompted by systemic problems like being attacked by the people who are supposed to protect you, and nobody holding them accountable, or in some cases giving a shit at all. That’s very different from normal person to person violence, including gangs etc.

Point scoring over who did/does worse to who is somewhat missing the point, none of these things should happen, and we should be figuring out how to make sure they don’t based on how they came about in the first place. What’s key to the conversation is how differently people are treated, example - no knock warrants, really popular with police gang units, but not for financial crimes, despite the ease of deleting / burning documents. Breonna Taylor for example was killed by police exercising one of those very warrants. six months later, no police officer has been charged with murder. Six months. I wonder what the average time to charge someone not in the police is in that same city...
I believe the (not as innocent as people think) Breona Taylor case was not a “no knock“ warrant. And as usual there is an awful lot more to discuss on that case.