PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

Honestly, I don't think there's value in looking for equivalence, especially trying to compare brutal murders and the reasons behind them. There's something going on out here that is going to be hard to unwind, good or bad. We either end up with some reform or a police state, there isn't a way back to 'normal' at this point.

sorry wasn’t meaning to play it down. Just baffling that the focus has been on the message or the slogans

sorry wasn’t meaning to play it down. Just baffling that the focus has been on the message or the slogans

Didn't think you did, it was more a comment on the 'well what about when x happens' equivalence folk seem to be looking for. I thought your football disaster thought was pretty much bang on the money.

A related euphemism might be... I broke a bone in my foot, now, I know that I'm pretty screwed with that one part of me broke, but I don't need my whole body fixing, just the one bone, as its as important as all the others, sure, but it's broken, once its fixed though, all of them are good again

Didn't think you did, it was more a comment on the 'well what about when x happens' equivalence folk seem to be looking for. I thought your football disaster thought was pretty much bang on the money.

A related euphemism might be... I broke a bone in my foot, now, I know that I'm pretty screwed with that one part of me broke, but I don't need my whole body fixing, just the one bone, as its as important as all the others, sure, but it's broken, once its fixed though, all of them are good again

seems apt
69C383AA-200A-4A20-B919-543316072DC8.jpeg

Is it something like 10 in 100 get charged and 1 of those 10 get a conviction?

I couldn't say about numbers. It's just a feeling that in such cases I have more often than not seen an acquittal even when there appeared to be compelling evidence. You might say but there's video. Yes there is but all the way back to Rodney King there was video and still they walked.

Also keep in mind that second degree murder in Minnesota requires proof of 'Killing a human intentionally'. Lawyers are good at obfuscation, it's their job. And as has been discussed on here it's impossible to prove he was killed because he was black unless the killer admitted it which again as mentioned will not happen.

So how do you prove beyond reasonable doubt an intention to kill?

Third degree would likely be easier to prove. It requires proof of 'extreme indifference to the value of human life'. Which given the amount of time he kept his knee on the mans neck following him saying over a dozen time "I can't breathe" and still kept the knee there even after he appeared to be unconscious should be a lot easier to attain.

But as I said, you remember Rodney King? Not killed but severly beaten on camera. Cops charged but acquitted of this.

It's unlikely they didn't cross paths if the did work in the same club, although, there are some scenarios they might not, for example, 2 different types of 'security' - one is a doorman, the other is the guy who's job it is to move cash around the place (a job very likely to be done by a rent a cop), secondly said cop might just have ignored everyone he didn't want to interact.

Not a justification, just an observation.

Also I don't know if they worked directly for this club or worked for an agency who sent them around a variety of clubs. If an agency were the case they may or may not be in the same club at the same time. They could be in the same club on separate occasions.

You'll need to explain to me why you're saying that. I have to say that I like Barry Gardiner more than I like Piers Morgan... but Gardiner is a leading politician. As such, he has responsibilities.... 0eople will note his actions - and that tweet suggests that he deliberately chose to flout social distancing (in a good cause). The other is a young lad, who joined the protest, tried to social distance. Big deal!

If you think Piers Morgan's comments were the height of hypocrisy, you must be struggling to find something to complain about! Guido Fawkes up to their tricks. Mountain out of a mole hill.

My lunatic rellie is posting on facebook that, not only is Bill Gates behind the coronavirus... but now, mysterious piles of bricks have been appearing near US BLM protestors... and guess what... the bricks are made by a company owned by the said Mr. Gates. Apparently, it's "obvious" he's involved in stoking up the riots... and clearly she's got a lot of people enthusiastically agreeing. Wonder what wahwahwah makes of this one!.

My lunatic rellie is posting on facebook that, not only is Bill Gates behind the coronavirus... but now, mysterious piles of bricks have been appearing near US BLM protestors... and guess what... the bricks are made by a company owned by the said Mr. Gates. Apparently, it's "obvious" he's involved in stoking up the riots... and clearly she's got a lot of people enthusiastically agreeing. Wonder what wahwahwah makes of this one!.

You have to hand it to Bill Gates, retires from building one of the largest tech companies the world has ever seen to spend his time pretending to fund foundations to look for cures for disease, all the while being a master criminal planning to microchip people and track them with 5g.

apparently it is the nerds we need to watch out for after all.

You have to hand it to Bill Gates, retires from building one of the largest tech companies the world has ever seen to spend his time pretending to fund foundations to look for cures for disease, all the while being a master criminal planning to microchip people and track them with 5g.

apparently it is the nerds we need to watch out for after all.

Tech guru, medical philanthropist, surveillance master, brick manufacturer. Impressive array.

Reminds me of an Albert Einstein quote when asked what type of weapons he though WWW3 might be fought with. He said.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Einstein didn't know about Bill Gates and his arsenal of bricks.

Tonight’s fun rumors.
PPD must have run out of tear gas, they were in the rail yards testing sonic crowd control this afternoon.
Uniformed, de-badged police/military on the streets in Seattle, dc, Portland.

fun.

I couldn't say about numbers. It's just a feeling that in such cases I have more often than not seen an acquittal even when there appeared to be compelling evidence. You might say but there's video. Yes there is but all the way back to Rodney King there was video and still they walked.

Also keep in mind that second degree murder in Minnesota requires proof of 'Killing a human intentionally'. Lawyers are good at obfuscation, it's their job. And as has been discussed on here it's impossible to prove he was killed because he was black unless the killer admitted it which again as mentioned will not happen.

So how do you prove beyond reasonable doubt an intention to kill?

Third degree would likely be easier to prove. It requires proof of 'extreme indifference to the value of human life'. Which given the amount of time he kept his knee on the mans neck following him saying over a dozen time "I can't breathe" and still kept the knee there even after he appeared to be unconscious should be a lot easier to attain.

But as I said, you remember Rodney King? Not killed but severly beaten on camera. Cops charged but acquitted of this.

Eric Garner also.

Eric Garner also.

There were never any charges therefore no trial in the Garner case. It was referred to a grand jury which decided no charges should be pressed. And I think there was an easy out in that case. Eric Garner point blank refused to be arrested. Basically told them straight out it's not going to happen. An example.

Get away [garbled] for what? Every time you see me, you want to mess with me. I'm tired of it. It stops today

He then resisted when they tried to cuff him and when they're facing a 6 foot plus guy who looks like he weighs over 20 stone some sort of force is then going to be applied. You know my views on the treatment of blacks but in that case I felt they were not just entitled but obliged to do something.

They can't just tolerate a point blank refusal to be arrested. He was forced to the ground with a a choke hold using an arm around his neck then cuffed. But the choke hold wasn't applied for an inordinate amount of time like the knee was kept on George Floyds neck. It was released when he was cuffed. The choke hold was applied for seconds not minutes. Keeping him face down while he complained he couldn't breathe could be questionable.

The autopsy reported he died of a heart attack so the grand jury decided the police were entitled to arrest him and since he point blank refused to be arrested also decided some force was legitimate with the resultant death being due to stress in a man massively overweight. In that case I always felt it likely there would be no charges.

The George Floyd case is on another level. The man was face down, cuffed, and incapable of getting up yet this psycho pressed a knee down on his neck for over 8 minutes. At a bare minimum it's massive overkill and a total disregard for human life. It doesn't take the IQ of a rocket scientist to appreciate that pressure on a neck for minutes at a time is a very bad idea indeed. Unless you're willing ti take the chance of killing the victim. Which he clearly was.

I would find it beyond belief if they found a way out of this one but who knows.

And all he 2as doing was trying to give the police their helmet back

YouTube video of the incident in which it's somewhat easier to see how unnecessary this push was and how he is immediately bleeding from the ear according to a bystander. I just don't get it. A 'peace' officer aggressively pushes a geriatric for no discernible reason?

No comprehension that they're easily knocked over and far more fragile than the young? Unbelievable.

YouTube video of the incident in which it's somewhat easier to see how unnecessary this push was and how he is immediately bleeding from the ear according to a bystander. I just don't get it. A 'peace' officer aggressively pushes a geriatric for no discernible reason?

No comprehension that they're easily knocked over and far more fragile than the young? Unbelievable.

Have you seen the video of the woman who had the shit beaten out of her by 6 cops with batons when she struggled cause the first cop groped her breasts?