PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

I don’t think anything remotely as you suggested nor have I suggested anything of the sort but hey.

you believe I am closed minded, that’s your prerogative I hold no grudge. I won’t accuse you of being anything because that would be judgemental and you are against that aren’t you?

You didn't suggest a reason to limit protest was that there were no police around when a woman was sexually assaulted? So what's the relevance on this topic of even saying it?

Am I judgmental? That depends on the evidence in front of me concerning what I may be judging. When I see a hooded KKK mob I judge them to be racists. And I suppose i'm judging you as being closed minded to some degree because this stuff about looting and sexual assault is as I said an absolute drop in the ocean in comparison to the shoplifting and sexual assaults that take place all the time when there are no protests.

There are on average 233 sexual assaults every single day in England and wales. Almost 10 an hour but you brought a single case into this discussion on protest in what I could only judge to be a justification for limiting protests. What else could I judge it to be in the circumstances?

You didn't suggest a reason to limit protest was that there were no police around when a woman was sexually assaulted? So what's the relevance on this topic of even saying it?

Am I judgmental? That depends on the evidence in front of me concerning what I may be judging. When I see a hooded KKK mob I judge them to be racists. And I suppose i'm judging you as being closed minded to some degree because this stuff about looting and sexual assault is as I said an absolute drop in the ocean in comparison to the shoplifting and sexual assaults that take place all the time when there are no protests.

There are on average 233 sexual assaults every single day in England and wales. Almost 10 an hour but you brought a single case into this discussion on protest in what I could only judge to be a justification for limiting protests. What else could I judge it to be in the circumstances?
Dude

Why are you talking to me if you believe I’m small minded. I’ve said I don’t mind you think that, it’s your right so why bother?

No, are you? I could go back and multi quote many of your posts if you wish?

The fact you hang on to what Trevor Phillips says speaks volumes.

You even started your post in a prejudicial manner...
‘You’re a fine one to talk about...’

I will quote Trevor Phillips because I agree with some of what he says and I retain respect for some of his views.

As for multi quoting my posts on this thread, knock yourself out. You’d have to do some judicious editing to find one which says there is no racism in the UK. Sorry Winky but I think you are so frightened of racism that when people post another viewpoint which doesn’t agree with your own then you automatically assume they must be racist.

‘White power?‘

You want to be careful chucking labels like that around.

Jamaican Aunty and mixed-race cousins.

Spent the last weekend before lockdown with my Scottish/Nigerian friend and his family.

Still, if I question the narrative, even if I abhor the racist act which led to here...then I must be racist.

Sorry but I happen to think that’s pretty fucked up!

People protesting against the police killing of an innocent man are “knobheads”?

Really?
OK, perhaps using the word knobheads wasn’t the best idea.

Do I think that people congregating for whatever reason is ill advised? Yes

You must be on mushrooms to mention Tyrone Mears.. will you buy me a new laptop Pete.. you seem well off. I'm in the hood. I'll start a crowdfunding if it's got legs... paddy get a thread made about my plight

Youll have to plead to Edgy for one of his spare typewriters. How do you know Im well off? Youre not hiding behind my yew topiary I hope. I thought I spotted a spindly loping figure earlier but put it down to the shitakeout mushrooms Id consumed for tea

Why are you talking to me if you believe I’m small minded. I’ve said I don’t mind you think that, it’s your right so why bother?

I didn't say small minded I said closed minded. And as for replying why not? If for example I don't think suggesting a case of sexual assault during these protests is a rational reason to limit them I will say it no matter who makes the suggestion.

And you're still not suggesting otherwise despite the fact I just provided the data of almost 10 sexual assaults every hour of the day in England and Wales. Presumably with no police around.

I didn't say small minded I said closed minded. And as for replying why not? If for example I don't think suggesting a case of sexual assault during these protests is a rational reason to limit them I will say it no matter who makes the suggestion.

And you're still not suggesting otherwise despite the fact I just provided the data of almost 10 sexual assaults every hour of the day in England and Wales. Presumably with no police around.

Sorry closed minded, that’s even worse!

Let me get this straight, I see things differently to you, maybe because my life experiences are way different to yours. For this you deem I am closed minded because I disagree with you and cannot see things from your perspective.

As for your discussion about statistical sexual assault abroad, or even here, I struggle with that its true, because to the person that’s been sexually assaulted they feel way worse than a statistic, I can assure you of that. Give that some thought.

Sorry closed minded, that’s even worse!

Let me get this straight, I see things differently to you, maybe because my life experiences are way different to yours. For this you deem I am closed minded because I disagree with you and cannot see things from your perspective.

As for your discussion about statistical sexual assault abroad, or even here, I struggle with that its true, because to the person that’s been sexually assaulted they feel way worse than a statistic, I can assure you of that. Give that some thought.

What experiences can have any relevance to your argument that protests should be limited regarding the reasons you're suggesting as factors for limiting them? Overall general shoplifting and vandalism far eclipse any theft and vandalism during these protests.

You then suggested they were causing 'misery' because a sexual assault took place while there were no police around. One of the other 10 that on average takes place every hour even when there are no protests. With no police around.

I would give it a lot more thought if the topic you introduced it to was on sexual assault. It isn't, it's about protesters marching to protest the murder of a man by police. A man of a race disproportionately killed by police, arrested by police and imprisoned.

And the closed minded part comes in when you don't even want to go back on these things as good reason to limit protests. You want to try to turn it into something else rather than concede these are not sufficient reason to limit protest. Give that some thought.

What experiences can have any relevance to your argument that protests should be limited regarding the reasons you're suggesting as factors for limiting them? Overall general shoplifting and vandalism far eclipse any theft and vandalism during these protests.

You then suggested they were causing 'misery' because a sexual assault took place while there were no police around. One of the other 10 that on average takes place every hour even when there are no protests. With no police around.

I would give it a lot more thought if the topic you introduced it to was on sexual assault. It isn't, it's about protesters marching to protest the murder of a man by police. A man of a race disproportionately killed by police, arrested by police and imprisoned.

And the closed minded part comes in when you don't even want to go back on these things as good reason to limit protests. You want to try to turn it into something else rather than concede these are not sufficient reason to limit protest. Give that some thought.

You misrepresent a lot of what I have said And then you claim I’m closed minded, aye ok then, you stick with your statistics.

And you claim I’m closed minded, aye ok then.

Yes, I do claim you're being closed minded. You're insisting a case of sexual assault during these protests is good reason to limit them. I provide evidence that sexual assault occur around 10 times every hour every day when there are no protests.

You imply theft and vandalism are good reason to limit them when the theft and vandalism occurring all around when there are no protests totally eclipses that which does take place during protests.

Then end up coming back with that latest post which addresses absolutely nothing. Nothing to negate a thing I have said about your reasoning for limiting protests and absolutely nothing to support it.

Now to me that's the typical deflection of the closed minded. Plus you try to imply it's everybody else and not you who is guilty of it. While again providing not a single thing to negate what I said about your arguments and not a single thing to support them.

You're giving me nothing to assist me in changing my mind while you try to get me off the topic.

Yes, I do claim you're being closed minded. You're insisting a case of sexual assault during these protests is good reason to limit them. I provide evidence that sexual assault occur around 10 times every hour every day when there are no protests.

You imply theft and vandalism are good reason to limit them when the theft and vandalism occurring all around when there are no protests totally eclipses that which does take place during protests.

Then end up coming back with that latest post which addresses absolutely nothing. Nothing to negate a thing I have said about your reasoning for limiting protests and absolutely nothing to support it.

Now to me that's the typical deflection of the closed minded. Plus you try to imply it's everybody else and not you who is guilty of it. While again providing not a single thing to negate what I said about your arguments and not a single thing to support them.

You're giving me nothing to assist me in changing my mind while you try to get me off the topic.
To long didn't read but I can imagine the mantra of the message reads "white people bad" .. cool story brah

No I’m aggravated, when did I mention shoplifting as a cause of misery.......... nope I didn’t YOU DID waffling about trainers. I suggested you look at a post I had written regarding a sexual assault today because that’s what I interpret as misery. I haven’t suggested that only this person matters YOU have harped on about sexual statistics in the USA (what that has to do with anything is anyone’s guess). My point was Police being taken away from other serious incidents. If it’s all the same to you, I would prefer people are being taken care of everywhere, I know you think that’s unreasonable but, my belief is it’s imperative. Now sorry if you don’t like my view, and you think my mind is closed, I don’t care I won’t be changing it any time soon. Nor will I be hanging my head in shame to please you Or anyone else. Unfortunately for you, I’m my own person, like me or don’t, your choice but I’m certainly not changing my views to appease you. You can insult all you like but my view will remain the same.

Last edited:

Now to me that's the typical deflection of the closed minded. Plus you try

to imply it's everybody else and not you who is guilty of it. While again providing not a single thing to negate what I said about your arguments and not a single thing to support them.

Never mentioned theft, you did! Never claimed one sexual assault should be enough to stop protests. I suggested that other serious incidents were being ignored because of them. The man that assaulted the woman today, he can now go on to attack someone else but hey, it will only be another statistic.

You read what you wanted to read, but, it wasn’t what I wrote. I maybe haven’t articulated it clearly enough I can accept that, but it’s certainly what I meant. When it comes to safety and life, sorry but with the best will in the world, I can only see a person not a number.

Last edited:
Shows just how bad the problem is doesn’t it.

Imagine if white people were continually being murdered by groups of black police officers and the authorities took no action to prevent it; condoned it. Eventually you’d expect an uprising and similar protest wouldn’t you? Or should that be tolerated?

What would you say is worse these mass protests during the pandemic or the mass gatherings on beaches and tourist hotspots? Which is more worthy if our disapproval?

1) Black people aren’t continually being killed by white policeman in England. That’s a fact. The one incident they are protesting about happened in America
2) This thread isn’t titled: ‘mass gatherings on beaches.’ If it was I would express my disprovL like I have before. I’m trying to stick to the relevant topic.
3) I would never expect similar protest because I don’t want to
Be involved in a protest that throws bottles and flairs at human beings then run away.

Compete and absolute bollocks. My wife is going to be far more at risk from Monday teaching sticky 5 year olds indoors and cleaning their toilets than going to a demo outside with a mask on where you can exercise reasonable social distancing and stay on the fringes. Most of the objections to the London demos are from people who have little or marginal sympathy wit( the protesters amd are seeking to demonise them because of the pandemic.

exercise reasonable social distancing? Well that’s bollocks because the videos of Manchester were thousands and thousands of people crowded together. Good luck social distancing in that.
I have sympathy of course just find some other way to protest. What I do have a bigger issue is with the idiots who throw
Bottles at police and then run away. I mean that is really tough.

No I’m aggravated, when did I mention shoplifting as a cause of misery.......... nope I didn’t YOU DID waffling about trainers. I suggested you look at a post I had written regarding a sexual assault today because that’s what I interpret as misery. I haven’t suggested that only this person matters YOU have harped on about sexual statistics in the USA (what that has to do with anything is anyone’s guess). My point was Police being taken away from other serious incidents. If it’s all the same to you, I would prefer people are being taken care of everywhere, I know you think that’s unreasonable but, my belief is it’s imperative. Now sorry if you don’t like my view, and you think my mind is closed, I don’t care I won’t be changing it any time soon. Nor will I be hanging my head in shame to please you Or anyone else. Unfortunately for you, I’m my own person, like me or don’t, your choice but I’m certainly not changing my views to appease you. You can insult all you like my view remains the same.

You didn't clarify what had been 'causing misery' while the discussion all around was focused on looting and damage, therefore it was reasonable to assume that's what you were referring to. This is exactly what you said and what I responded to.

To me, I would make it unlawful for more than 100 protestors to gather in any one place. Social media is a big enough tool to use to protest from home to any government. No need to cause misery every damned time a cause, no matter how worthy, comes along. If enough people used their social media for long enough, enough times their message would get through just as well. It would probably take less time and would certainly save a fortune in Policing and damage caused.

See that? No mention of what's allegedly causing misery aside from "damage caused" while all the discussion at that point was around the theft and damage being caused. So I suspect pretty much anybody would then presume that's what you were referring to.

YOU have harped on about sexual statistics in the USA (what that has to do with anything is anyone’s guess).

In actual fact while I mentioned sexual assault in the US I haven't harped on about it, I have 'harped on' about 10 sexual assaults an hour every day in England and Wales. The reason being you, not I, introduced a sexual assault as a reason to limit protests.

If it’s all the same to you, I would prefer people are being taken care of everywhere, I know you think that’s unreasonable but, my belief is it’s imperative.

If it's all the same to you I will say you're now so far off the track you're becoming lost with that one. You have the gall to tell me what I think about people being taken care of everywhere? As if anybody far less me wouldn't agree with that? Tell me where I even suggested such a thing. You wont, because I didn't, and you will pretend that didn't happen by failing to address that claim too.

And worthless babble about it being imperative. That may be the case but it's not what this topic is about. It''s imperative that police in the US stop killing people. And imperative that still living people have the right to protest about it. And that's what this topic is about in case you forgot. I know you think that's unreasonable.

Now sorry if you don’t like my view, and you think my mind is closed, I don’t care I won’t be changing it any time soon. Nor will I be hanging my head in shame to please you Or anyone else. Unfortunately for you, I’m my own person, like me or don’t, your choice but I’m certainly not changing my views to appease you. You can insult all you like my view remains the same.

Nowhere did I say I don't like your view, what I did say, repeatedly, is that any suggestion protesting be limited due to statistically insignificant theft and vandalism is unsupportable. And that linking a case of sexual assault which happened to take place during protests is also unsupportable. And in my view continuing to not take that back while failing to support it does indeed suggest closed mindedness.

It's the very definition of closed mindedness. Someone says something, has it negated with data then while failing to support it in any way still refuses to acknowledge it wasn't a good point.

So,if your 'view' that a sexual assault took place during the protest is reason to limit the protests despite the fact 10 an hour took place every single day there were no protests you can continue holding that view. But you shouldn't find it insulting that I would continue disputing that. I don't find it insulting that you said it despite the fact I think it's illogical.

Unless you get around to actually supporting these points in some fashion, instead of trying to deflect away from what you said and I responded to which you aren't, I will continue saying it. If you think it's insulting to dispute your views on reasons to limit protests I have no idea why you take part in any debate. Because there will always be people who may dispute your 'view', insulting you apparently.

And I wont be hanging my head in shame doing that.