PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

TBH I have him on ignore and its where hes going to stay.

I doubt thered be anything I would agree with him on at all.

Yes my post was ironic but these blaming of single parents is an old tried and tested trope of extremist middle aged, pseudo middle class predominantly,men. they are clueleless because they have never walked in the shoes nor can imagine what its like to come from a family who, over the last 15 years, have been looking over their shoulders for that home office official asking for proof that their Dad/mum did arrive on the windrush.

I have listened to that interview with Akala and it even challenges some of my deeply ingrained thought processes.
Utter shite. Making excuses again and ignoring people's personal responsibilities.

That is a ridiculous comment, identify crime figures and clamp down on the offenders, especially the ones involved in violent crime. It matters not what colour, race or creed, crime and violent crime is rampant. I only look at London stats, 25 years ago, the offenders were made up of different ethnicities, today it is predominantly 'Ethnic Minorities', that is a term that should be obsolete in London, especially in the high crime areas, white British are the ethnic minority.

I am sure in Preston, the high crime rates are predominantly white kids from, certain estates, lost touch of the areas, but a quick look at the stats show, Callon, Moor Nook, Savick, Larches and Bamber Bridge rate highly. My guess, would be that extreme violence would be low, thieving, drugs, anti-social and robberies would be high. Different kettle of fish in London, and from what I see Birmingham, where stabbings, shooting and violent robberies are numerous, white kids are well in the minority figures.

In Brent, now and again, they publish a list of the dangerous criminals wanted or charged for shocking crimes, lucky to find a white Brit amongst them. Next list up, I will stick it on this thread.
Of course its a ridiculous comment :)

Daft owd git lol

If you take race out of the argument, the stats suggest that fatherless children who've experienced some sort of trauma, living in deprived areas with low social funding are more likely to commit violent crime than those outside of those situations.

It seems obvious to me that the answer to this is encouraging the presence of the father in children's lives, increasing social funding, integrating the local police with the communities and providing better role models.

Just like with drug addicts, if you treat people with dignity and understanding, rather than blaming and judging, you are far more likely to see positive outcomes.

If you take race out of the argument, the stats suggest that fatherless children who've experienced some sort of trauma, living in deprived areas with low social funding are more likely to commit violent crime than those outside of those situations.

It seems obvious to me that the answer to this is encouraging the presence of the father in children's lives, increasing social funding, integrating the local police with the communities and providing better role models.

Just like with drug addicts, if you treat people with dignity and understanding, rather than blaming and judging, you are far more likely to see positive outcomes.
What if the father is an asshole?

Single parent families amongst the wealthy are common, no problem in certain circles, or in working class homes where the mother brings up the children well and provides a stable environment.?

Single parent families amongst the wealthy are common, no problem in certain circles, or in working class homes where the mother brings up the children well and provides a stable environment.?
Being a wealthy single parent isn't as hard as being a poor single parent.(kids can atleast have the nicer things in life).. I don't think there's anyway of keeping fathers from leaving. The brake up of the family unit is a bi product of the modern life's we live. Kapeash?

Being a wealthy single parent isn't as hard as being a poor single parent.(kids can atleast have the nicer things in life).. I don't think there's anyway of keeping fathers from leaving. The brake up of the family unit is a bi product of the modern life's we live. Kapeash?
Fathers don't always leave, some mothers decide the father must leave.

We could play what if all day. It just seems obvious to me that I'd wish a child two loving parents instead of one or none.

And your second paragraph has no relevance to my post as its a completely different scenario.