PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Blackpool v Arsenal FA Cup

Bobbage

I am not Peter Ridsdale
Patron
Top secret protest planned....

https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=3172811

I've been told tonight that there are 2 meeting points arranged for Saturday at 3pm. Yates in town and Yates in South Shore. Both going to have around 150 at each venue and marching on the ground at 4.45pm. I wasn't aware of this but I'm going to be at the one in town and was asked to spread the word.

It appears that a lot of 'old and new faces' are turning out for this and it no doubt has potential for huge disorder with there being 5000 XXXXXXanl fans in town. The focus is on Oyston obviously, but can't sew this passing off quietly. It seems that 40 free tickets have been distributed amongst these 2 groups and there is going to be some kind of demo inside too.

mozzchops;n3418284 said:
It can't be that "Top Secret" can it?

It's now been deleted because some people can't keep a secret...

Bobbage;n3418324 said:
Can you post the article please? I refuse to click on their shite.

Lancashire Police are on alert for disgruntled Blackpool supporters attempting to abandon their FA Cup clash against Arsenal.

Demonstrations against the club's owner, Owen Oyston, are set to take place around Bloomfield Road, with fans wanting to get their message across on live television.

Thousands invaded the pitch during a home match against Huddersfield in 2015, forcing an abandonment, and the Seasiders were subsequently fined £50,000.

Police are acutely aware of the potential for flare-ups when Unai Emery's side arrive, with between 20-30 officers inside the ground.

That number is similar to those deployed for the defeat by Sunderland on New Year's Day, when 8,000 away fans descended on Blackpool.

A Lancashire Police read: 'Anybody entering the field of play without permission will be committing criminal offences and will be dealt with appropriately.'

Blackpool fan group, The Muckers, said: 'We are calling on all Blackpool fans to make their feelings known towards the owners in a non-violent but direct way.

'We will be present and encourage people not to enter the pitch, which we would condemn.'

It's such a poorly researched article.

1. There won't be protests inside the ground
2. There weren't 1000's on the pitch against Huddersfield.

I am sure something will happen but I can't see anything more than a few eggs and protests in the usual spot.

leftbackdarton;n3418333 said:

I am sure something will happen but I can't see anything more than a few eggs and protests in the usual spot.

How many do you think will be protesting? A truthful figure please.

There is no official protest so I don't think there will be many. Maybe a couple of hundred. We don't know why there is no official protest. All we know is that The Tangerine Knights and the Muckers wanted to lead with this so BST have let them. Obviously these groups are a lot more protest orientated. This has left a degree of mystery as BST have had a hand in the judgement day protests which have always been attended by thousands. I honestly don't know what to expect tomorrow. The fact it's secret makes it interesting but I just can't see what they can do with the extra police presence on show.

leftbackdarton;n3418320 said:
Fucking stupid if it's true. The mail are now reporting there will be expected protests.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...protests-owner-Owen-Oyston-Arsenal-clash.html

I honestly don't know where this is coming from. There will be no one in the ground to protest! ​​​​​​

Maybe your no longer part of the Team, maybe you was never meant to find out. I heard about planned protest over a week a go, My mate who is going to the Match is changing his route to the game and going a lot earlier, because was attacked last time you had a protest like this. I will remind you, he wants the O's gone, but he loves his club and all attempts to rescue him from that have failed.

FootballcrazyP_;n3418370 said:
Maybe your no longer part of the Team, maybe you was never meant to find out. I heard about planned protest over a week a go, My mate who is going to the Match is changing his route to the game and going a lot earlier, because was attacked last time you had a protest like this. I will remind you, he wants the O's gone, but he loves his club and all attempts to rescue him from that have failed.

Oh no, I am not part of a protest group. How will I cope.

If your mate wants the Oyston gone, why does he still continue to give Oyston his money. Hyprocritical. They chose not to be part of the boycott, so in my eyes he or she supports the Oyston family. We have all made sacrifices so what makes them so special that they can't do this. Pathetic.

Last edited:
leftbackdarton;n3418376 said:
Oh no, I am not part of a protest group. How will I cope.

If your mate wants the Oyston gone, why does he still continue to give Oyston his money. Hyprocritical. They chose not to be part of the boycott, so in my eyes he or she supports the Oyston family. We have all made sacrifices so what makes them so special that they can't do this. Pathetic.

Because he loves his FOOTBALL CLUB and can make the distinction. You ll catch up with the real world eventually. Oh and by the way we live in free society where individuals can make choices- not in your world clearly.

pnematic;n3418405 said:
Because he loves his FOOTBALL CLUB and can make the distinction. You ll catch up with the real world eventually. Oh and by the way we live in free society where individuals can make choices- not in your world clearly.

Is it not also a free world where we can criticise people's choices?

leftbackdarton;n3418376 said:

Someone gets attacked and this is your take on it? Surely people's safety is more important than whether the Oyston's stay. This is why we think of you all as pathetic go on or don't go on, give Oyston money or don't, but surely people's safety is more important than either of those decisions.

Delaney;n3418414 said:
Someone gets attacked and this is your take on it? Surely people's safety is more important than whether the Oyston's stay. This is why we think of you all as pathetic go on or don't go on, give Oyston money or don't, but surely people's safety is more important than either of those decisions.

Agree. Not said anything about violence.

leftbackdarton;n3418333 said:

I thought the Lasher worked for the Mail, the one who reports this stuff about your lot?

I was talking to an ex Blackpool season ticket holder today , who said that his 12 year old son wants to go on the game because its Arsenal ,
but Dad wont let him go and says that he can watch it on TV !!!