Bleeding won't stop, looking for tips.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Last Thursday I cut my finger on the Dish Washer trying to replace the seal. After 3 hours of waiting for it to stop (it looks like a paper cut) I spoke to the Nurse next door, 40 minutes later she's given up and I am dragged off to A&E. 2 Hours later I see Doctor, he's baffled, tried gluing it, but it just reopens and bleeds again, so he glued it a 4th time strapped it up and said it should stop. Well today I went to the GP for them to follow up, they took off the plasters and well you guessed it, Blood squirts out, so they have reglued it and plastered it back up and I have to go back this evening to have it rechecked. But I can see the blood edging towards the plaster. So anyone got any old wife tips to stop it. They sending me for blood tests to check for Haemophilia etc. But I have never had any issues like this in the past.
There must be away to stop it, if glue has failed.

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Hope you get someone to look at it properly soon. Presumably they will have to give you some form of clotting medicine maybe as like you say there are risks. Do anything like cold compresses help to shrink the flow at the same time, the hot weather probably isn't helping you

OP
FootballcrazyP_

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Just back from another check still bleeding, but they pulled the skin back its right down to the Bone. thy said they can see the Bone. So they reglued, butterfly stitched, then glued again, steri strips, the put a tight bit of tape round the bottom of the finger, then put some plastic tubing so I can't bend it and bandaged it up, go back Wednesday Evening. They looking at side effects of the Vaccine and other meds. I knew I had to be the odd one out when I got the AZ, everyone else gets blood clots, I bleed to death :ROFLMAO: . I may be given meds to thicken the blood.

OP
FootballcrazyP_

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
If i get any minor cuts my dog licks em and surprisingly it works a treat with no side effects.
Just off to chase the postman....
Unfortunately I only have Cockatiels, Finches, Love Birds and a Conure. And the Conure is a little ******* keeps attacking it. Remember Your only allowed to attack the ankles lol

stf4ever

Forum Patron
Patron
Unfortunately I only have Cockatiels, Finches, Love Birds and a Conure. And the Conure is a little ******* keeps attacking it. Remember Your only allowed to attack the ankles lol

You ever been to the Stafford Bird show FCPM?

I take it they've done tests on your blood too?

OP
FootballcrazyP_

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
You ever been to the Stafford Bird show FCPM?

I take it they've done tests on your blood too?
No

And yes, They normal come back and they pass off as meds etc. 5 weeks ago I had my 6 months test, the GP said I had nothing to worry about. Today after a second test to add Blood clotting I get a call I have to good in on Thursday and take an over night bag. Blood clotting came back Normal but Total white blood count, Neutrophil count, Eosinophil count, Basophil count, Monocyte count are all High and Serum total 25-hydroxy vitamin D level and B12 is Low (I take Vitamin D tablets and B12 I have injection). I didn't expect this from cutting my Finger.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
@FootballcrazyP_

I follow a mad mush on YouTube who feeds his pet leech with his own blood every so often, and as they pump blood thinner into you to make it easier for them to feed, he used to have trouble stopping the bleeding, for days on end.

He started using this stuff and it clotted immediately upon contact with the wound.

It's awesome and might be worth considering having around the house in case it happens again...

Blood clotting powder: Screenshot_20210727_134540.jpg

Last edited:
OP
FootballcrazyP_

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
@FootballcrazyP_

I follow a mad mush on YouTube who feeds his pet leech with his own blood every so often, and as they pump blood thinner into you to make it easier for them to feed, he used to have trouble stopping the bleeding, for days on end.

He started using this stuff and it clotted immediately upon contact with the wound.

It's awesome and might be worth considering having around the house in case it happens again...

Blood clotting powder: View attachment 4303
Pet Leech and he feeds it his own Blood. Mad? you say... Yikes