PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bob Pilkington - joined The Gentry

PNEpilks

Patron
My dad Bob Pilkington sadly passed away on Sunday after a tough couple of years due to ill health.

He always maintained his interest in PNE and whilst he was struggling, I take comfort that he acknowledged our last two positive results.

Some of you on here helped when I was struggling with his TV access in his care home - it was very kind of you at that time.

Me and dad used to car share back in the day with Harry Billington and Maltese Joe; used St Greg’s coaches and were then regulars with Dave Mac from The Farmers Arms in Higher Walton and latterly The Bobby Peel in Walton-le-Dale. Also shared cars with Ken (posts on here), Helen and Joanna.

Dad was a regular watching me and Ken play pool in The Sumners every home game.

Some great times were had on the road and at home games too.

Just wanted to share on here in case some of you may have known dad; he is asked about on The Finney where he used to sit, and I still do, but I have missed several home games recently.

Rest easy dad; you’re at peace now.

ebc2ce23-69b3-4d62-babd-ac8486be9ef7.jpegWe will make it to the promised land - I just wish we had done it together. #COYW #TheGentry

Alright lad.

When you txt me with the sad sad news about Bob it went very quiet for a time at home and we have spent time since talking about the past inc all the time we spent in the vault in the Sumners where we had it seemed our personal seats.

RIP Bob mate.

Alright lad.

When you txt me with the sad sad news about Bob it went very quiet for a time at home and we have spent time since talking about the past inc all the time we spent in the vault in the Sumners where we had it seemed our personal seats.

RIP Bob mate.
Cheers lad

He loved watching us playing pool.

Even though he was very critical of my performance!!