PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bolton Tickets - Sold Out!

Maybe someone can verify this but I just read that for a prime time ( 5.30 ) kick off that massive Prem team Blackburn took 1800 to Bolton............... I assume all the rest stayed at home and watched it on the telly.... Shocking ! ...But very funny. :LOL:

What are the decent pubs near the ground? I believe that the Beehive is an away supporters pub, is that correct? I was a bit pee'd off that there was a rail strike but looks like I've negotiated a lift with the missus while she visits her parents just up the road near Lostock

What are the decent pubs near the ground? I believe that the Beehive is an away supporters pub, is that correct? I was a bit pee'd off that there was a rail strike but looks like I've negotiated a lift with the missus while she visits her parents just up the road near Lostock
Beehive is the only option really. There's a Harvester and Missoula near the station but both ask for tickets and don't let away fans in. There's plenty of pubs in Horwich centre but no idea whether they would be a good idea or not. Best thing to do would be drink in Chorley but if you're getting a lift then that probably isn't an option.

How far is Horwich from the ground? walking?

I'm getting the 125 from Preston to/from Horwich (an hour) which is £8 and drops you right outside The Crown which is fairly decent Holts pub. However nearby are The Blackedge Brewery Bar and Tap & Cork micropub. Both are excellent and away fan friendly.

Google says it's about a 40 minute walk from where the pubs are in Horwich to the ground. However there are a number of buses (not the 125) that run between Horwich Village and the Macron. Alternatively a taxi won't be too much.

I'm getting the 125 from Preston to/from Horwich (an hour) which is £8 and drops you right outside The Crown which is fairly decent Holts pub. However nearby are The Blackedge Brewery Bar and Tap & Cork micropub. Both are excellent and away fan friendly.

Google says it's about a 40 minute walk from where the pubs are in Horwich to the ground. However there are a number of buses (not the 125) that run between Horwich Village and the Macron. Alternatively a taxi won't be too much.

Bollocks to it then, what a shocking place to build a footy ground.

Bollocks to it then, what a shocking place to build a footy ground.

Agreed. Typical of the late 90s early 2000s new ground trend moving from town centre/suburban grounds with a lot of history and character (albeit some in various states of disrepair) to out of town soulless bowl multi-purpose arenas. Bolton is up there with Reading and Colchester on just how shit a ground can be location and design wise.

Northern have suspended strikes....

Well I will be flying out of Heathrow to the States a little after midday on Saturday so come 5.00pm or so when hopefully all you lot will be feeling pretty good about things I will very likely be 37,000 feet or so above north eastern Canada and thinking to myself 'I wonder how the North End have done?' I've got a text message arranged to let me know once I land which is actually going to be about 11.00pm UK time. You would think I would have grown out of it by now but all things considered I don't think I would want to.

Well I will be flying out of Heathrow to the States a little after midday on Saturday so come 5.00pm or so when hopefully all you lot will be feeling pretty good about things I will very likely be 37,000 feet or so above north eastern Canada and thinking to myself 'I wonder how the North End have done?' I've got a text message arranged to let me know once I land which is actually going to be about 11.00pm UK time. You would think I would have grown out of it by now but all things considered I don't think I would want to.
Once its in your blood you cant help yourself, no matter when or where you are. I am sure we have all sat at some poor buggers wedding with an earpiece in!!!!