Bolton Wanderers Again!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry Weston

Forum Patron
Patron
Ando60;n3421402 said:
Its disgusting what Bolton have done / are doing...

They should be docked points and lots of them.

Teams like Rotherham manage their finances excellently ( they currently have no debt ) whilst teams like Bolton are allowed to ride roughshod over the rules !

It would be a disgrace if Rotherham went down and Bolton stayed up............... The problem is that the EFL are partly complicit in what Bolton have done.
Don’t worry Ando we’ll be hammering a nail in their relegation coffin next month!

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Some of their fans plan to Protest this Weekend, some didn't like the Idea of a 58th minute walk out so they now having Pre-match.

[h=1]BOLTON LEGEND TO JOIN THE PROTEST FOR THE WEST BROM GAME[/h] Liam Hatton

January 10, 2019

We are delighted to confirm that the upcoming protest before the West Brom game will feature club legend John McGinlay, who will join fans in expressing their support of Bolton Wanderers after what has been a difficult couple of weeks.

The protest will begin at 7pm next to the Nat Lofthouse statue, with the anticipation that the presence of Super John will help to bring along anyone who feels that it is time to make a stand against the way our club is being run.

I understand this may seem as if we are using this to gloss over the statement we released as a collective this morning, advising that we were supporting a walk-out in the 58th minute after the protest, which didn’t go over too well.

That could not be further from the truth.

We didn’t get a positive reaction, which is fine. The statement came across as contradictory, which we also accept. We didn’t proclaim that every single step we made would be 100% correct, nor are we doing this purely for ‘page hits to publicise our blog’.

Our aim all along was to focus mainly on the pre-match protest, hoping to garner a large amount of fans who will join in. Maybe we tried doing too much at once, but we have only taken that route with the best intentions.

So we have decided not to endorse the 58th minute walkout, instead we will solely concentrate on organising a protest where our voices can be heard. The addition of Super John will not only add some legitimacy to proceedings, but it will give everyone a huge boost to see such an important figure to the club’s DNA in attendance.

Once you’re in the stadium, you can do as you wish, which should have been the message all along. Again, we apologise for any confusion regarding our statements this morning.

We put this plan into place two weeks before the game so we would be able to have time to adapt. It’s called trial and error, and we’re more than happy to hold our hands up and say we got some shit wrong, if it means the end result shows that more people take notice of our financial situation.

Ken Anderson has released a statement via email to season ticket holders, so do you really think he isn’t aware of the protests?

Make your voices be heard. We want you all there to back our club.

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
FootballcrazyP_;n3421530 said:
Some of their fans plan to Protest this Weekend, some didn't like the Idea of a 58th minute walk out so they now having Pre-match.
At least their organisers are prepared to admit that they do get things wrong, unlike the Blackpool lot.

Marcus Lawrenso

First Team
Found this from https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17369300.bolton-wanderers-ban-legend-john-mcginlay-for-negative-comments/

" WANDERERS have taken the unprecedented step of informing legend John McGinlay he is not welcome at Monday’s game against West Brom.

135 comments
Whites officials have informed the Scot he will not be granted a press pass to work as a pundit for BBC Radio Manchester, nor will he be welcomed as a guest by the club from now on.

McGinlay had been critical of Wanderers’ ownership in recent weeks and was told by the club on Tuesday that his ‘privileges’ had been revoked.

It is understood the punishment was taken one step further yesterday when exception was taken at some critical comments made by the 54-year-old at a fans’ forum in Bolton, aired live by the BBC, about Phil Parkinson’s style of play.

Wanderers told the station they thought it would be “inappropriate” for McGinlay to appear following “negative comments about the manager and the team” and that his intention to walk with supporters during a planned protest before the game had also been taken into account.

A statement from BBC Radio Manchester read: “We are very disappointed to hear John McGinlay’s accreditation request to cover Monday’s game for BBC Radio Manchester has been denied.

“While we take on board your concerns, we do not feel it is right for the club to decide who is able to be part of our commentary team and who is not.

“As far as being supportive of the team is concerned, we have a duty to be fair and impartial and that also means hearing the concerns of fans and raising their questions, in addition to giving the club’s viewpoint. It’s not uncommon, or unfair, for clubs to feel questioned.

By Marc Iles MarcIles
chief football writer
You have mail: Read Ken Anderson's incredible letter to Wanderers fans

KEN Anderson has sent an impromptu email to Wanderers season ticket holders attempting to ‘set the record straight’.

Bolton Wanderers
9th January
Wanderers to be served with two winding-up petitions "

Town_ender

Reserve
Ando60;n3421402 said:
Its disgusting what Bolton have done / are doing...

They should be docked points and lots of them.

Teams like Rotherham manage their finances excellently ( they currently have no debt ) whilst teams like Bolton are allowed to ride roughshod over the rules !

It would be a disgrace if Rotherham went down and Bolton stayed up............... The problem is that the EFL are partly complicit in what Bolton have done.
Bolton have been on the brink for a very long time, I remember having a conversation with one of their season ticket holders at work the week before we played them in the play-off final. He said it was common knowledge that their financies where in a terrible state, to the extent that if we were to beat them in Cardiff I should put a bet on them going down to League 1 the following season.

boltons1

First Team
I used to teach Aimee McGinley, John McGinley's daughter, they are all passionate Bolton fans. I bet what's going on is very concerning for all of the supporters. A nice points deduction would help. Us out though...

To be honest I don't think we need it.

Bolton
Reading
Ipswich
Wigan
Millwall
Rotherham
Brentford

All worse than us... Although I said the same about Hull before our game with them.

Ando60

First Team
boltons1;n3426122 said:
I used to teach Aimee McGinley, John McGinley's daughter, they are all passionate Bolton fans. I bet what's going on is very concerning for all of the supporters. A nice points deduction would help. Us out though...

To be honest I don't think we need it.

Bolton
Reading
Ipswich
Wigan
Millwall
Rotherham
Brentford

All worse than us... Although I said the same about Hull before our game with them.
I think its any 3 from 8 ( Including us )

At this stage I think that the 3 to go will be Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham........

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Ando60;n3426151 said:
I think its any 3 from 8 ( Including us )

At this stage I think that the 3 to go will be Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham........
Don't talk daft Ando. We are 10 points clear, 11 when you factor in our GF (-2) to Reading (-12).

Not a chance in a million years will we go down this season. We will finish around 10th - 12th. Do for me all things considered.

Ando60

First Team
Absolutely JD....

would be be happy with a 12th spot finish....

it will be interesting to see how well we do next year with a fully fit squad.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Ando60;n3426349 said:
Absolutely JD....

would be be happy with a 12th spot finish....

it will be interesting to see how well we do next year with a fully fit squad.
Correct.

Get off to a good start and add some momentum in this division (see Huddersfield, Norwich) and anything is possible.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Jack Daniels;n3426358 said:
Correct.

Get off to a good start and add some momentum in this division (see Huddersfield, Norwich) and anything is possible.
Its going to be the devils own job to keep hold of Pearson and Browne beyond this season. Seriously hope we can somehow pull out all the stops to keep them.

NORTHENDRTOPS

Forum Patron
Patron
I hope we keep hold of both of them, but if I were to bet on one going I'd say Alan Browne, just because some managers might think they will not have Pearson all season due to cards. But I sincerely hope we keep them both. Just get all of them on a bonus scheme for us going up May 2020.

Ando60

First Team
Despite my pessimism above ( unusual i know ) , with each game i am getting more confident that we will survive..........

37 points now - 8 from the last possible 12

It would be good to finish top 12