PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bolton Wanderers

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
This from the forest green rovers chair:

From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR. We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.

It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).

It's not just FGR that have been let down badly by Bolton, but Christian too.

Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them. This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.

When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL about how they regulate clubs like Bolton. They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid. Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.

And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back

https://www.facebook.com/dale.vince...r&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

What an utter shambles of a club theyve become.

spender;n3419971 said:
we could loan them some of our players, i could think of 2-3 already who can go

Im not sure id want to loan any players whatever to a club that treats players and other clubs with that sort of contempt.

I do realise your post was somewhat tongue in cheek though.

Bolton need to be banned from signing players indefinitely.

The result of not seriously punishing them would be other clubs possibly starting to pull out of done deals, or finding ways not to honour deals if the loan player is underwhelming etc.

It's also not fair in a footballing sense how they've benefitted from a player's services on the pitch for months on the back of a deal which they didn't have the means (or intention) to honour, and without paying his wages. It's not fair on clubs following the rules, especially clubs like us and Rotherham who also operate on a small budget in this league but properly.

Details starting to emerge that they owe Norwich a six figure sum for 2 loanees too, another 2 who havent been paid.

raefil;n3420190 said:
Details starting to emerge that they owe Norwich a six figure sum for 2 loanees too, another 2 who havent been paid.

That must be Yanic Wildschut then?

raefil;n3420194 said:
Him and Matthews were the names mentioned.

Ah right, Matthews has gone back as well. Disgusting, I can't see many players in the future looking to sign for them.

Sign players and don't pay them?..... How do you get away with that when Luton got docked 30 points for breaking some rules........... Maybe Bolton are classed as a big " club... :)

An EFL spokesman said: “We were advised of the issue towards the end of last week and since that point have been seeking an appropriate solution that meets the requirements of our regulations.

“The problem has arisen as a result of Bolton Wanderers being placed under a registration embargo which wasn’t in place when both Clubs entered into the initial loan agreement in August 2018.

“We remain in dialogue with both Clubs.”

But they was under an embargo, and players couldn't play for them until the Embargo was lifted after the EFL and FA gave them permission to sign players but hold registration based on appeal. What the EFL are looking for a way to weasel out of their Cock up and Bolton seemingly (allegedly ) Cheating the system. The EFL are not going to come out good on this, There needs a wholesale change at the EFL because no club should be able to break the rules on this scale.

LostinSpace;n3421238 said:
If Donald Trump was a football club chairman....

....that's the way he'd talk.

When I read it, the first thing I thought was "thank Christ Trump's only got 240 characters to ramble in"...

Its disgusting what Bolton have done / are doing...

They should be docked points and lots of them.

Teams like Rotherham manage their finances excellently ( they currently have no debt ) whilst teams like Bolton are allowed to ride roughshod over the rules !

It would be a disgrace if Rotherham went down and Bolton stayed up............... The problem is that the EFL are partly complicit in what Bolton have done.