Boris Backs Bully Patel

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
I dont know what the answer is but this govt is seriously unfit for office.

There are many countries where the people would be in serious rebellion by now but us Brits just take it on the chin all the time.

NORTHENDRTOPS

French scout
An MP has had their bail extended until February 2021 and the individual has not to be in areas which include children. I have no further details.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
I have said it many times, but it’s a pity that there isn’t any electable opposition....

Repeating an engrained mantra I think. Better to read the horrific state of the public finances. A PM and Chancellor that have lost all control. If this shambolic lot that have broken the country financially for decades on funding their friends through Covid and potty moonshot ideas whilst reinstating austerity and 1920s hunger are electable, then so was Screaming Lord Sutch. One to one, the shadow and Scottish Ministers in Parliament wipe the floor with their equivalent ministers in any debate Ive seen. Which isnt difficult when youre confronted with brainless parrots like Useless or Patel.

Last edited:

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
It now turns out Johnson tried to interfere with the report into Patel's bullying and put pressure on Alex Allan to make the report 'palatable' according to the red button news just now.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
It has also surfaced that many Tory MPs were sent a watsapp message from Johnson instructing them to 'form a wall around 'The Prittzer' as he desperately seeks to get them to support his stance on Patel.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner

Just as we always suspected of the rich, spoilt old Etonian - doesn't know the meaning of the word 'No'.
It's astonishing, isn't it? Patel is now a proven bully, and her defence in mitigation is that she didn't have the brains to realise that she WAS one! Both sackable for a Home Secretary.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
One thing I didn’t really pick up on at first : the night before, the briefings were that Johnson was writing a warning letter to Patel but that she’d keep her job. But I never saw any mention of that yesterday. I think Johnson just exonerated her. Correct?

That would fit his pattern of Trump-like behaviour. Just ride roughshod. Be bold. Stone wall it - rather than engage in debate.

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
He can and he is. Different argument same principle ask JC.
Its more than fair comment is that Joan but I just dont think we can affoed to let the country to continue to run like this, something seriously has to happen.

Our country reaches a major milestone in its history, within weeks and these lot are proving to be totally inept at everything they touch were going to be set back decades because of their warped thinking.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Its more than fair comment is that Joan but I just dont think we can affoed to let the country to continue to run like this, something seriously has to happen.

Our country reaches a major milestone in its history, within weeks and these lot are proving to be totally inept at everything they touch were going to be set back decades because of their warped thinking.

I haven't got the solution but I certainly know what it isn't. Siding with the least worst is something that we've done for years and it's about time it stopped.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
Crikey, even starmer cant be worse than this shit storm we have now.
I think they know they can do what the hell they like and you know what? You won’t like it but you are partly to blame.

Remainers, in their desperation to overturn democracy (stupid decision or not) have lent Boris more power than he thought imaginable. Under normal circumstances this would be a premiership and government in trouble...but these are not normal circumstances. The electorate is dominated by people who will lend Boris their support until they see the result of a plebiscite carried through to its conclusion. Some of them were enthusiastic Leavers but many were not.

Radical Remain has made Labour and Liberal parties unthinkable as an alternative until Brexit happens. Remainers hugely underestimated how much the British value democracy. It is their love of fair play in sport and found in the phrase ‘That’s just not cricket!’.

Yes I know all the arguments against it. How silly it is. How Brexit will be damaging etc etc etc

But for now and until then Boris can pretty much do what he likes. I did warn you.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
I think they know they can do what the hell they like and you know what? You won’t like it but you are partly to blame.

Remainers, in their desperation to overturn democracy (stupid decision or not) have lent Boris more power than he thought imaginable. Under normal circumstances this would be a premiership and government in trouble...but these are not normal circumstances. The electorate is dominated by people who will lend Boris their support until they see the result of a plebiscite carried through to its conclusion. Some of them were enthusiastic Leavers but many were not.

Radical Remain has made Labour and Liberal parties unthinkable as an alternative until Brexit happens. Remainers hugely underestimated how much the British value democracy. It is their love of fair play in sport and found in the phrase ‘That’s just not cricket!’.

Yes I know all the arguments against it. How silly it is. How Brexit will be damaging etc etc etc

But for now and until then Boris can pretty much do what he likes. I did warn you.

All this would have happened anyway. Even if May had got her Withdrawal Agreement through Boris and the Brexiteers would have still eventually had their way. Ive concluded that most of the English electorate fundamentality have an island mentality, buy into English public school traditions of self flagellation and are content with their lot even if its shitty - as long as they can freely spray the blame on perm any other 'foreign' body. Even the Vikings if we can get away with it. Even the weak and poor are fair game for the blame for their own situation. Just no point looking for another reason and thinking this isnt our baseline outlook.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
Ha ha ha, very sharp Jake !!!

no , my third goal was indisputably mine.... do you not remember ?? it was the 25 yard free kick at the Town End...

please try and keep up Jake....

if you want to set up a Skype meeting for an hour , I can talk you through my hat trick again...... ;) ;)
Deepdale
U16 South Ribble Schools Cup Final
0-1 down, mid second half, the centre half ambles forward for a corner. Ball crossed to near post laid back to centre half who shoots on the turn and looks up to see the ball in the back of the net by the far post.
Equaliser
Final score 2-1
attendance about 200.

Like you Ando, I really don’t like to talk about it.