Boris Backs Bully Patel

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I am but I still dont get why shes still there!!!

It’s ridiculous. Really irks me that no one has ever before survived breaking the ministerial code. And if anyone does NOT deserve a reprieve, it’s someone who got fired only 3 years ago for a really bad ministerial misdemeanour.

BTW - Thanks for brightening my day. Posting the word “thicko” had me properly chuckling to myself for some minutes. I amuse myself easily!

NORTHENDRTOPS

French scout
Boris has sent out a text to all Tory mp's saying " all get square behind the Prittster" what the fuck is this dick on? he forgot to say this is from the Pratster ;)

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
I think we all know that there is bullying and proper bullying, anyone who picks on someone for any reason and uses their position to belittle the other is horrible and needs calling out. However where someone is lets say encouraged to do their job because of a lack of effort that's not bullying its being a proper supervisor and i think this is where the lines blur.
Like others i would like to know more about what she is accused of before making a judgement. Its very easy to upset certain people today so i have sympathy for those of you in supervisory roles who have employees that lack motivation, it must be very tricky at times.

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Boris has sent out a text to all Tory mp's saying " all get square behind the Prittster" what the fuck is this dick on? he forgot to say this is from the Pratster ;)
Patel was sent to Israel to use Aid money, sent to fund Israeli hospitals, instead being used to fix up those fighting in Syria!

Boris was Home Secretary, Theresa May was PM!

Both of them knew, they denied knowing, and Patel took the fall!

She's unfirable!!

Strongbow

Forum Patron
Patron
I think we all know that there is bullying and proper bullying, anyone who picks on someone for any reason and uses their position to belittle the other is horrible and needs calling out. However where someone is lets say encouraged to do their job because of a lack of effort that's not bullying its being a proper supervisor and i think this is where the lines blur.
Like others i would like to know more about what she is accused of before making a judgement. Its very easy to upset certain people today so i have sympathy for those of you in supervisory roles who have employees that lack motivation, it must be very tricky at times.

Reminds me of a time years ago when a pretty smart clued up shop floor lad was asked on numerous occasions to stand for union stewardship and he refused every time stating that "he'd end up falling out with folk too much because he would have to give them a serious bout of reality".

Think I get what he meant too,

NORTHENDRTOPS

French scout
Try this to unblur your eyes

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
At least it moves the conversation on from most of you backing the racist Corbyn and some who never bleated at all about Bercow.
“Just do your job"............ Aw, stop bullying me . Impossible to discipline civil servants and those working in public services no matter how shit they are at their job.
I would like to hear the full story about the supposed bullying by Patel and the reasons why she had to be blunt with certain “remainers” in the civil service. What are the facts please ?
What a load of utter crap. Youre clearly clueless

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Shouting, swearing and threatening isnt managing or leading. She's clearly got no idea at all about how to manage people, or, more likely, simply doesnt give a shit. Anyone who has ever held any sort of managerial job, and has been half way decent at it, knows where the limits are.

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
Yes i know what is acceptable behaviour, was just saying that what one person sees as motivation is seen as bullying by another.
Not condoning any yelling or swearing etc.
Would like full details before judging thats all.
If shes in the wrong then she needs to go for sure as it sends out the wrong message.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Yes i know what is acceptable behaviour, was just saying that what one person sees as motivation is seen as bullying by another.
If shes in the wrong then she needs to go for sure as it sends out the wrong message.
This is a link to a piece about Sir Alex Allan's report

He explicitly mentions shouting and swearing.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I think you ask fair questions - and it’s very reasonable to say that one person’s motivational rhetoric is another person’s bullying.

For me, the conclusion that she “unintentionally” bullied people needs some explanation. But I think Rutnam’s resignation and statement are powerful- and the fact that this investigation covers not just one incident- but a pattern of behaviour over three (?) different departments.

Perhaps loudest of all, Sir Whatshisface who conducted the investigation of Patel resigned his post when Johnson didn’t sack her.
If this was only a minor technical transgression of the ministerial code by Patel, then that is a hell of an over reaction by the top investigator.

What a load of utter crap. Youre clearly clueless
I’m married to a manager who works in the civil service. The amount of crap she has to endure from staff who are just not up to the job is mind blowing. In the private sector they would not be allowed the liberties they take . So no it’s not crap. I listen to the conversations she has and I cannot believe the amount of excuses and nannying that some employees need when they are supposedly qualified to do the job.

Lee Trundle

Advisor to the Owner
Backs law breaking Cummins.

Backs bullying Patel.

Anyone see a pattern emerging here?

I am 100% sure I have missed out at least one other failure that he has publicly backed.

At least Cummins was actually good at his job and worth having about. Dont understand why so many are going out to bat for Priti Patel, at best a totally uninspired career politician.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron

She’s been found guilty of bullying. There is simply no defending it, read the report and look at the words used - shouting, bullying, detrimental impact on individuals. This isn’t a person being firm with employees or staff.

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
I’m married to a manager who works in the civil service. The amount of crap she has to endure from staff who are just not up to the job is mind blowing. In the private sector they would not be allowed the liberties they take . So no it’s not crap. I listen to the conversations she has and I cannot believe the amount of excuses and nannying that some employees need when they are supposedly qualified to do the job.
Bollocks.

Btw you have no right to listen into conversations. That alone is bullying.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron

I‘ve done that job and there have been instances in the past when I would have agreed with you - but only instances. The disciplinary and assessment processes are now exceptionally robust and if someone isn’t up to the job they are subject to those procedures and ultimately will be disciplined.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron

Patel was bullying very senior civil servants. Your references to middle to low level managers is totally irrelevant to this thread. Unless youre suggesting PUSs and Directors have got their feet up and are softies. And by the way, the concept that there are no shirkers in the private sectors is fantasy. I know that equally from experience and that often they move on to even better paid jobs.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
I’m assuming Sir Alex Allan is a Conservative. If he is, how refreshing to see someone with principles resigning on a point of principle.

All the Tory MPs lining up to defend a proven bully are absolutely sickening. Andrea Leadsom has just said Patel is a kind lady and she has never seen her bully anyone. Does she think Patel is going to do it in full view of her colleagues, openly bullying others? Or is she like the racists who say they can’t be racists because their best friend is black?

As a matter of interest, how do you unintentionally bully someone?