PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bottom 6 at best.

Barky didn’t deserve to be sent off but 3 wins in 17 now and I think we’re best off hoping we avoid the bottom 3.

We are not a threat.
So what do you do. We aren’t going to get any more cash
we aren’t going to suddenly play any differently
our strike force unless they get three shredded wheat every morning will always be average at best
we don’t look like there’s any form of motivation in the team
getting shut of Neil is probably a bad idea but then in the same breath a change is as good as a rest, patience is a virtue so he probably should get another ten games or so, but then again if we lose all those and the stats suggest we may then we will end up in a relegation battle
its one big dilemma

Last edited:
I'd honestly sell Davies.

Someone mentioned in match thread team has kept 1 clean sheet in about 20 games so it's not like it's some impossible backline to score against with him in it.

Of course the problem is if he's just agreed to play out the season and then sign for Celtic on a free but if others like Bournemouth still fancy him for 5-6m I'd let him go. If hardly anything then goes on a decent new striker from that coming in (add cash for DJ) then mass protests against Hemmings whenever fans come back into the ground as that will be taking the mick.

Someone mentioned in match thread team has kept 1 clean sheet in about 20 games so it's not like it's some impossible backline to score against with him in it.

Of course the problem is if he's just agreed to play out the season and then sign for Celtic on a free but if others like Bournemouth still fancy him for 5-6m I'd let him go. If hardly anything then goes on a decent new striker from that coming in (add cash for DJ) then mass protests against Hemmings whenever fans come back into the ground as that will be taking the mick.
I think there should've been mass protests about 2 windows ago

There is a lot of uncertainty around Deepdale at the minute and we have had a poor start to the season but it’s still early days. A good point away at Norwich last week could have been 3 and a game changing ludicrous decision by the ref today and we have little to show for it. Long way to go.....

I’d agree with you if it meant the money would be invested in a striker, but it won’t be so what’s the point?

I still think we'll make 16th - we're usually flat-track bullies against the bottom 4 or 5 teams, and that's where we bulk out our win total.

But if we're still 19th after we play Rotherham on November 7th, I'd have to re-assess.

Sheff Wednesday will stay up with ease.

Wycombe already are the whipping boys and are as good as doomed.

That leaves, imo, 2 vacancies.

Didn't someone post the other day we were 12/1 to be relegated? Good odds that I suspect will be lower right now.

I predicted 19th in the poll a couple of weeks ago and I think we will just about scab it.

Next summer and next season - yuk! Doesn't bare thinking about.

Sheff Wednesday will stay up with ease.

Wycombe already are the whipping boys and are as good as doomed.

That leaves, imo, 2 vacancies.

Didn't someone post the other day we were 12/1 to be relegated? Good odds that I suspect will be lower right now.

I predicted 19th in the poll a couple of weeks ago and I think we will just about scab it.

Next summer and next season - yuk! Doesn't bare thinking about.
We were 14/1 with Skybet to be relegated before today, 16/1 before Norwich. 9/1 with William Hill now of the big firms to come up.

I think we’ve played 3 teams who will be right in there around the top 6. Our record against the top half was poor last season but very good against the lesser sides.

After Brentford, we’ve got a “good” run of games. I’ll assess after that batch.

Think Rotherham will stay up, they're better defensively than in previous visits to championship.

Yeah Wycombe will be rock bottom, just too much a step up and lack of fans will hurt them. Talk Barnsley are losing Stuber so will be another fight to the death for them.

Will have to see how quickly Sheff Weds get back to 0 points, started off alright.

Don't think the club will be in serious relegation danger. However this is the warning for 12 months ahead when it could be a proper bottom 6 standard squad.

If we're looking back through history I feel this is a 09/10 season and real danger next year could be where everything just collapes in the style of 10/11.

Think Rotherham will stay up, they're better defensively than in previous visits to championship.

Yeah Wycombe will be rock bottom, just too much a step up and lack of fans will hurt them. Talk Barnsley are losing Stuber so will be another fight to the death for them.

Will have to see how quickly Sheff Weds get back to 0 points, started off alright.

Don't think the club will be in serious relegation danger. However this is the warning for 12 months ahead when it could be a proper bottom 6 standard squad.

If we're looking back through history I feel this is a 09/10 season and real danger next year could be where everything just collapes in the style of 10/11.
Well the owner’s plan seems to be based on about 10 clubs starting on -12 pts next season!