PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bottom 6 at best.

Last season we finished 3 points off the PO’s in 9th.
With relegation form in 2020

I get your point but I disagree. He’d have been potted elsewhere. I don’t want him potted but that doesn’t mean he’s immune from scrutiny.

With relegation form in 2020

I get your point but I disagree. He’d have been potted elsewhere. I don’t want him potted but that doesn’t mean he’s immune from scrutiny.
Form has been disappointing at home in particular, However due to reasonably good away form we have 31 points in 25 games this calendar year which equates to about 57 points over a season. We need to do better at home I agree but nobody has ever been relegated with 57 points.

Form has been disappointing at home in particular, However due to reasonably good away form we have 31 points in 25 games this calendar year which equates to about 57 points over a season. We need to do better at home I agree but nobody has ever been relegated with 57 points.

Prior to Sunday we had 28 in 24 which equates to 53 or 54 which is bottom 6, like the post said.

Every year we go on bad runs and good runs. Maybe wearing rose tinted glasses but I feel we are hopefully heading to a decent run and believe we will not end up in the bottom 6. More performanceslike Sunday should help us to keep away from that part of the table.

Prior to Sunday we had 28 in 24 which equates to 53 or 54 which is bottom 6, like the post said.

Doesn’t really work like that though, taking snapshots from last season & carrying them into this to suit an agenda.

The simple facts are we finished 9th last season, we’re 15th now (again 3 points off the PO’s) after probably the toughest opening set of fixtures in the division.

We will be nowhere near trying to avoid the bottom 3 this season, which is also what your post said.

Doesn’t really work like that though, taking snapshots from last season & carrying them into this to suit an agenda.

The simple facts are we finished 9th last season, we’re 15th now (again 3 points off the PO’s) after probably the toughest opening set of fixtures in the division.

We will be nowhere near trying to avoid the bottom 3 this season, which is also what your post said.
I think this is why we love footy so much.

As supporters its all from the heart. We're rock bottom after a defeat and on cloud 9 after a good win, which of course the Brentford game was.

Ive never thought we were bottom 3 fodder, neither do I think we are top 6 quality. Neither of which stops me feeling down after a defeat and buzzing after a good win.

Mid table beckons again, for me but..........................

A couple more wins and the heart will be telling me different :)

Fair enough but as you said relegation form in 2020 I looked at form for the calendar year.
Like all supporters I would be disappointed with bottom six but I am certainly not resigned to it and think we will do better than that.
Edit - I realise you have taken the whole of 2020 also! Sort the home form out and we'll be fine.

Last edited:
I definitely feel more positive about the season now. Players we’ve got coming into some sort of form. A good two weeks of training and rest as required.

Every year we go on bad runs and good runs. Maybe wearing rose tinted glasses but I feel we are hopefully heading to a decent run and believe we will not end up in the bottom 6. More performanceslike Sunday should help us to keep away from that part of the t

I hope you’re right. I think you may be. Let’s just hope we don’t get an injury to Rudd eh?
Any club with 9 wins in 36 games and 36 points from 99 would be complacent not to have some concern. That was our situation prior to Sunday. Not seen the top flight since 1961. Perhaps complacency is the reason. Who knows?

Re: ‘Taking snapshots‘ ..applying your logic we would never consider a manager’s position until the final day of the season.

I definitely feel more positive about the season now. Players we’ve got coming into some sort of form. A good two weeks of training and rest as required.

Cardiff is a massive game. Need to get the home form up and running quickly.

Do that and team looks far more threat on counter attack away from home compared to 12 months ago.

No the reason for the result against Swansea was the - I think deliberate - perverse team selection by AN.
Could not agree more, although not sure about deliberate. For me he waited to long to make the subs. Should have brought on Hughes and Rafferty as wing backs and gone to 351/342.. before they scored. We were by far the better side and should not have lost even with 10 men.

Could not agree more, although not sure about deliberate. For me he waited to long to make the subs. Should have brought on Hughes and Rafferty as wing backs and gone to 351/342.. before they scored. We were by far the better side and should not have lost even with 10 men.
We went down to 10 against Stoke not Swansea.

I guess I will re-assess the situation after October 16th...

if we keep hold of DJ, Pearson, Davies, Rudd and Browne to go with newcomer Jacobsen then I think we are good enough for top 10....

if the likes of Sinclair, Maguire and Barky can hit top form as well, then we may even be on the fringes of the play offs....

I think this is why we love footy so much.

As supporters its all from the heart. We're rock bottom after a defeat and on cloud 9 after a good win, which of course the Brentford game was.

Ive never thought we were bottom 3 fodder, neither do I think we are top 6 quality. Neither of which stops me feeling down after a defeat and buzzing after a good win.

Mid table beckons again, for me but..........................

A couple more wins and the heart will be telling me different :)
Absolutely
we are in truth just like the summary on my school reports
tries hard, doesn’t always get the desired outcome, can easily be distracted, average at best