PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bottom 6 at best.

I can’t see us going down but then again, if we play cautiously like the back end of last season, we won’t be promoted either. Let’s have more front foot performances like last week. We will take a tonking occasionally but if we hold our (collective) nerves, the points total from more wins will far outweigh that from a season with more draws.

We started last season on the front foot with fast attacking exciting football only for our manager to start messing with selections and tactics. Let's hope he's finally learnt the lesson that when players are given freedom and are picked in their correct positions then we can beat anyone in this league.

Absolutely
we are in truth just like the summary on my school reports
tries hard, doesn’t always get the desired outcome, can easily be distracted, average at best
Wasn’t that your last performance review at work ??

Hope we can keep on taking the game to the opposition, it might not always work but at least it is exciting to watch. Stop putting 11 men back in our box for corners, gives us more of a chance to make a quick break, and keeps more of their players away from our area.

We started last season on the front foot with fast attacking exciting football only for our manager to start messing with selections and tactics. Let's hope he's finally learnt the lesson that when players are given freedom and are picked in their correct positions then we can beat anyone in this league.
No we didn’t. We changed nothing tactically or with selections, we just stopped being abnormally clinical.

Doesn’t really work like that though, taking snapshots from last season & carrying them into this to suit an agenda.

The simple facts are we finished 9th last season, we’re 15th now (again 3 points off the PO’s) after probably the toughest opening set of fixtures in the division.

We will be nowhere near trying to avoid the bottom 3 this season, which is also what your post said.

I really hope you prove me wrong Mr BoomBoom but it has to be said that your second half against Brentford seems to be the real ‘snapshot’ amongst a lot of shit. Without Sheff Wed points deduction we’d be in the bottom 6 so at least I’m not right eh?

By the way, taking the ‘snapshot’ of this calendar year we have 31 points in 26 games which is bottom 6 form.
Unless you want to take the ‘snapshot’ of the second half at Brentford and extrapolate from that, which means we’re going up as champions! 🤪

Would be surprised with a top half finish. Looking very much like this team is bound for a 12th-16th finish (will beat enough of the weaker sides to be well clear of bottom 3).

Also have to factor in the squad will likely become weaker once the January transfer window is completed aswell as players will be cashed in on if new contracts aren't signed.

Would be surprised with a top half finish. Looking very much like this team is bound for a 12th-16th finish (will beat enough of the weaker sides to be well clear of bottom 3).

Also have to factor in the squad will likely become weaker once the January transfer window is completed aswell as players will be cashed in on if new contracts aren't signed.
My worry is an injury to Rudd or a drop in his form.
Any of us who’ve been around long enough know how easy it is for a team to slide into a position where every game becomes a ‘must win’. It turns good teams into desperate ones.

My worry is an injury to Rudd or a drop in his form.
Any of us who’ve been around long enough know how easy it is for a team to slide into a position where every game becomes a ‘must win’. It turns good teams into desperate ones.

Wycombe will do well to get to even 20 points this season so to me it's just 2 relegation spots in play. Would say just 1 but Sheff Weds look pretty motivated to wipe out the - deduction so far.

PNE in that group with Birmingham and Derby who are struggling but you suspect have enough to avoid bottom 3.

Wycombe will do well to get to even 20 points this season so to me it's just 2 relegation spots in play. Would say just 1 but Sheff Weds look pretty motivated to wipe out the - deduction so far.

PNE in that group with Birmingham and Derby who are struggling but you suspect have enough to avoid bottom 3.
It’s too precarious for me.
injury to Rudd
Lose a player or two in January
Mood in the camp etc
It can happen.

By the way, taking the ‘snapshot’ of this calendar year we have 31 points in 26 games which is bottom 6 form.
Unless you want to take the ‘snapshot’ of the second half at Brentford and extrapolate from that, which means we’re going up as champions! 🤪
Just to go a bit further than this, since we went top at Charlton, we have 39 points in 36 games. 5 clean sheets in that period, failed to score in 15 of those games. It's relegation form.

We've a lot of experienced players now in this league, the manager isn't getting anywhere near the best out of them.

Just to go a bit further than this, since we went top at Charlton, we have 39 points in 36 games. 5 clean sheets in that period, failed to score in 15 of those games. It's relegation form.

We've a lot of experienced players now in this league, the manager isn't getting anywhere near the best out of them.
It’s ok. Mr BoomBoom thinks that you have to focus on each season separately rather than take a ‘snapshot’. He seems to find it really amusing that anybody is even remotely concerned.
39 points in 36 games eh? Still if MrBoomBoom says that’s ok then it’s ok.
I would 🤣
If I wasn’t so ☹️

It’s ok. Mr BoomBoom thinks that you have to focus on each season separately rather than take a ‘snapshot’. He seems to find it really amusing that anybody is even remotely concerned.
39 points in 36 games eh? Still if MrBoomBoom says that’s ok then it’s ok.
I would 🤣
If I wasn’t so ☹️
Don't worry about the laughing emoji, the way he's using it betrays a general lack of intelligence and he's not the only one who employs that tactic to try and wind people up.

It's obvious to most folk with a half decent IQ that Neil is underperforming in his role as manager.

Don't worry about the laughing emoji, the way he's using it betrays a general lack of intelligence and he's not the only one who employs that tactic to try and wind people up.

It's obvious to most folk with a half decent IQ that Neil is underperforming in his role as manager.
Who else is out there though?