Bournemouth put new stadium on hold

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
So given the recent use of Bournemouth as a suggestion of how easy it is to reach the prem and gain the rewards they've announced today that after 2 years work they are having to stall their plans for a new ground and training arena. Some of the clubs statement is telling

"Being a Premier League team brings financial rewards. However, every penny of those funds, together with significant, additional investment from the club’s shareholders, has been put in to ensuring AFC Bournemouth remain at this level.

The financial risks the shareholders have taken to realise this vision cannot be underestimated."

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/16960217.update-on-cherries-stadium/

So even with all the Premier League money available they are still having to be subsidised, nor have funds to invest in their infrastructure otherwise it's to the detriment of the playing side.

northender1881

Advisor to the Owner
Prior to getting some investment I can't recall Bournemouth ever being anything other than a League Two or League One club anytime recently.

Their position is artificially inflated due to being massively bankrolled - Just like Wigan have been in recent years.

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
Prior to getting some investment I can't recall Bournemouth ever being anything other than a League Two or League One club anytime recently.

Their position is artificially inflated due to being massively bankrolled - Just like Wigan have been in recent years.
I remember going to watch them against us a few seasons ago in league one, ground was only half built with a fence behind one of the goals carpark the other . Just like Brighton going round with buckets begging to be kept afloat how times change.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
I'm sure this isn't the first time they've stalled on ground improvements. Seem to remember a few seasons ago deciding against increasing their current capacity.

OP
J

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
I'm sure this isn't the first time they've stalled on ground improvements. Seem to remember a few seasons ago deciding against increasing their current capacity.
It isn’t the first time you’re correct, those plans stopped as they realised moving the ground was the only feasible way to expand which these latest plans are another iteration off. Other options were moving elsewhere in the borough or further towards Poole