PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bournemouth

jakehake

“Morel high warrior”
Staff member
Patron
As much as I like to revel in their demise due to work colleagues it seems a terrible decision though their finances make ours look quite respectable. Seemingly they still owe over £80m in transfer fees hence the fire sale but sacking Howe seems stupid. They aren’t that big a club and without spending shitloads they are screwed every year

Attachments

• 1596315936775.png
    1596315936775.png
    761.4 KB · Views: 19
I think Eddie Howe has done well to keep them up as long as he has. He obviously has decent managerial qualities, to take a team from the depths to the premier league, albeit a stint at Burnley in between.

As much as I like to revel in their demise due to work colleagues it seems a terrible decision though their finances make ours look quite respectable. Seemingly they still owe over £80m in transfer fees hence the fire sale but sacking Howe seems stupid. They aren’t that big a club and without spending shitloads they are screwed every year
So true. Their match day revenue isn't that different to ours but salaries and costs are, should we say, somewhere in excess of £100m of ours. Rich owners but how long are they going to put up with pissing upwards of £50m a year to keep the club afloat? And that's while the parachutes are in place

Never bought into the plucky Bournemouth thing. Howe is/was extraordinarily well paid as were his players

I think this bitterness stems from about 1993 when I was living in that part of the world. My car got clamped and I arrived at Bournemouth about half an hour late. Efan Ekoku had just put them 2 nil up and that's the way it stayed I think.

Glory days