Boxing Thread

Preston Lad

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Patron
Them scorecards, deary me. BJS didn't have a chance
What were they pal?

I had it at 4 rounds a piece.

Have to say as well, what an atmosphere in the stadium!

it was electrifying

Preston Lad

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Patron
2 x 78-74
1 x 77-75

Pointless getting in the ring with him.
It’s a disgrace isn’t it.

About time some of these judges were struck off.

DSPP

First Team
Not sure how anyone can have an issue with the scorecards. Each round was very close. BJS was indeed boxing very nicely. But he wasn't hurting canelo. On the other hand Canelo was using exquisite ring craft and footwork to trap Billy in the corner. Whilst his boxing wasn't as slick as Saunders, he was landing some serious blows. It was very much a "what do you like" type of fight. The scorecards could very easily have been every round to BJS, every round to Canelo or anything inbetween. If you want an example of a ridiculous scorecard look at the judge who gave Kieron Conway a 117-112 (I think) win when he got absolutely dismantled in all but 1 of his 10 rounds

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Agree the score cards are out (Canelo was winning for me). Can't say I have any time for Bill Joe Saunders though given his bullying nature and appalling stuff on women though so glad about the result in the end.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Fuck's sake. Can't help but think boxing just needs to go the way of UFC in some respects where champions just have to fight and the best two frequently meet.

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Boxing tonight live on C5.

Sam Eggington v Carlos Molina (former World Champ) @ 160 for tht WBC Silver Belt, gives a Top 15 ranking.

Sam's 1st fight at 160, should be quite interesting.

Also, it is a bloody scandal that not one British TV Network has picked up tonight's Josh Taylor v Jose Ramirez for the Undisputed Champion at 140. One of THE fights of the year and we can't view it.

Lastly, Manny (WBA) is back on August 21st v Errol Spence Jnr (WBC, IBF) fighting for the 147 Welterweight Straps.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Boxing tonight live on C5.

Sam Eggington v Carlos Molina (former World Champ) @ 160 for tht WBC Silver Belt, gives a Top 15 ranking.

Sam's 1st fight at 160, should be quite interesting.

Also, it is a bloody scandal that not one British TV Network has picked up tonight's Josh Taylor v Jose Ramirez for the Undisputed Champion at 140. One of THE fights of the year and we can't view it.

Lastly, Manny (WBA) is back on August 21st v Errol Spence Jnr (WBC, IBF) fighting for the 147 Welterweight Straps.

I don't get why Manny is still fighting.