Boxing Thread

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Wilder will pocket step aside money in the millions.

No way he wants to fight Fury again.

Easy money.
Seems Wilders bluff (he wanted £20m) has been called and he fights Fury (I wouldn't give him 20 grand) in Vegas on July 24th.

Wilder will be retired IF Fury turns up as in fight #2.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Seems Wilders bluff (he wanted £20m) has been called and he fights Fury (I wouldn't give him 20 grand) in Vegas on July 24th.

Wilder will be retired IF Fury turns up as in fight #2.
I sincerely hope Wilder gets smashed.
I don't know of any other fighter who has earned so much and held a title for so long that is so distinctly average.
His fight record is full of journeyman and quite frankly awful opponents that on a good day I could still probably beat.
The mans a fraud.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
I sincerely hope Wilder gets smashed.
I don't know of any other fighter who has earned so much and held a title for so long that is so distinctly average.
His fight record is full of journeyman and quite frankly awful opponents that on a good day I could still probably beat.
The mans a fraud.
I have been saying this at work since at least 2015. Protected by the WBC (We Be Crooks).

I posted earlier in this thread the rankings of all his fighters (a lot were unranked outside the Top 500) up to his 40th fight.

Absolute bum who has one move only.

The only surprise I hold is that it took so long for a fighter to suss it (Fury and possibly Ortiz) and stay on Wilders left. I won't even start on Wilders "footwork"...

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
I have been saying this at work since at least 2015. Protected by the WBC (We Be Crooks).

I posted earlier in this thread the rankings of all his fighters (a lot were unranked outside the Top 500) up to his 40th fight.

Absolute bum who has one move only.

The only surprise I hold is that it took so long for a fighter to suss it (Fury and possibly Ortiz) and stay on Wilders left. I won't even start on Wilders "footwork"...
Yes but he'd have beaten a prime Mike Tyson don't you know.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Josh Taylor won by scores of 114 - 112 on all 3 Cards to become only the 5th Undisputed Champion in the 4 Belt era.

Scored KDs in R6 and R7.

Wants Bud next up at 147.

DSPP

First Team
All this talk of Wilder being a fraud is ridiculous. Granted, at times he looks like he found his boxing licence in a box of frosties, but he has 1 of the most devastating right hands the sport has ever seen. As we all know a silky, technical display is not the only way to win a boxing match. Saying he's fought low ranked opponents is a moot point when you consider he would have beat Fury, who is widely acknowledged as the best heavyweight on the planet,where it not for a slow count (albeit due to his own fucking around not going to a neutral corner) in their first fight. Is Deontay Wilder a skilled technical boxer? Absolutely not. Does Deontay Wilder's incredible fighter make him a legitimate threat in the heavyweight division. 100% yes

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
All this talk of Wilder being a fraud is ridiculous. Granted, at times he looks like he found his boxing licence in a box of frosties, but he has 1 of the most devastating right hands the sport has ever seen. As we all know a silky, technical display is not the only way to win a boxing match. Saying he's fought low ranked opponents is a moot point when you consider he would have beat Fury, who is widely acknowledged as the best heavyweight on the planet,where it not for a slow count (albeit due to his own fucking around not going to a neutral corner) in their first fight. Is Deontay Wilder a skilled technical boxer? Absolutely not. Does Deontay Wilder's incredible fighter make him a legitimate threat in the heavyweight division. 100% yes
Hi Deontay.🤣

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner

Yeah but Fury was nowhere near fitness in that. Look at him for fuck sake! A belly full of Cocaine and lager. I do agree the first fight was a draw though, not enough to remove the belts from the champion at the time. The second fight just proved how far off Wilder was from Fury. I'm not sure Fury can get inspired for the Wilder fight so won't be plain sailing like last time.

DSPP

First Team
Yeah but Fury was nowhere near fitness in that. Look at him for fuck sake! A belly full of Cocaine and lager. I do agree the first fight was a draw though, not enough to remove the belts from the champion at the time. The second fight just proved how far off Wilder was from Fury. I'm not sure Fury can get inspired for the Wilder fight so won't be plain sailing like last time.
I accept the point about Fury being nowhere near his best. I'm not for one single second saying Wilder is blessed with boxing talent. He isn't. What he is blessed with however is a devastating punch. A punch that can finish any heavyweight on the planet if it lands. Absolutely ridiculous to call him a fraud.

DSPP

First Team
@Jack Daniels if the laughing emoji was in response to me calling him an incredible fighter, I was meant to say "incredible power "

Preston Lad

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Patron
I accept the point about Fury being nowhere near his best. I'm not for one single second saying Wilder is blessed with boxing talent. He isn't. What he is blessed with however is a devastating punch. A punch that can finish any heavyweight on the planet if it lands. Absolutely ridiculous to call him a fraud.
I agree.

JD has a point about Wilders opponents though.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Yeah he has fought a lot of unranked and low ranked fighters. Doesn't take away from his power making him a genuine elite heavyweight
Why did he never ever try to unify with Wlad or Parker?

We all know why.

I could post a rather telling video if you like which dissects Wilders past fights and those he avoided.

DSPP

First Team
Why did he never ever try to unify with Wlad or Parker?

We all know why.

I could post a rather telling video if you like which dissects Wilders past fights.
I agree with you about his lack of ability. That's not the debate I'm having. I'm saying his sheer power makes him a legitimate threat against any man on the planet. Surely you can't disagree with that

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
I agree with you about his lack of ability. That's not the debate I'm having. I'm saying his sheer power makes him a legitimate threat against any man on the planet. Surely you can't disagree with that
He can hit, sure, but Molina went 9 Rounds, Spizilka went 9 Rounds and these 2 are not exactly world beaters emphasised by AJ doing Molina in 3 and gatekeeper Chisora doing Spizilka in just 2.

Then you have the fight v old man Ortiz (alleged to be nearer 50 than his age of around 40) where he was given an extra minute at the end of Round 7 by Kenny Bayless, who was criticised by the way, only a few hours ago for giving Ramirez extra time to recover v Josh Taylor.

Then you have his "new trainer" Malik Scott who took a dive when they fought, it was laughable.

The same Malik Scott who took this dive in Monaco.

I could go on and on posting evidence but you get my drift.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner

Yeah, I agree. He was just not a very good champion but nobody gets there on nothing. The punch is big. It nearly finished off the greatest heavyweight in the world (TF) so fair dues.

I weirdly can't see AJ and Fury both winning their fights then meeting. Boxing is just never that straightforward. Both Usyk and Wilder facing the biggest moments in their careers here, their training will be insane.