Boxing Thread

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Yeah, I agree. He was just not a very good champion but nobody gets there on nothing. The punch is big. It nearly finished off the greatest heavyweight in the world (TF) so fair dues.

I weirdly can't see AJ and Fury both winning their fights then meeting. Boxing is just never that straightforward. Both Usyk and Wilder facing the biggest moments in their careers here, their training will be insane.
I can't see Usyk beating AJ.
No doubting his talent but he's no chance of stopping Joshua imo. Points? Maybe but again I doubt it. Don't forget he's a blown up Cruiserweight and AJ is a very hard hitting natural heavyweight with more skill than many give him credit for.
Yes, Wilder has a punchers chance but if Fury takes the fight seriously then I think Wilder will have his arsed handed to him on a plate for a second time.
Both will come through unscathed and we can then hopefully get the fight everyone wants with a Joshua win by KO in my humble opinion.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Why are there so many organisations running boxing? It seems, to me, that there can be about 4 world champions at the same weight!

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Its a serious question, I honestly dont know why there seem to be so many.
Your guess is as good as mine.
Like in other sports, the title of champions is often watered down because of how you got there.
We now have the Champions league as opposed to the European cup.
4th best in a league finishing 20 plus points behind the winners can be crowned champions of Europe.
I agree. In boxing, there should be one champion. Some "world champions" wouldn't get a sniff of a belt if there was just one.

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Why are there so many organisations running boxing? It seems, to me, that there can be about 4 world champions at the same weight!
Aside from the obvious - $$$ £££ - there are other reasons.

For example, the IBF is very strict with enforcing its Mandatories compared to the other 3 Orgs. Fury was stripped of his IBF Title.

Some Orgs have stricter pre-fight weight clauses, some use the 3 KD rule and some don't as a couple of examples.

Then you have promotors aligned to certain Orgs, Warren (Queensbury) affiliate themselves with the WBO.

IBF imo are probably the best Org of the 4. WBC are a joke (WBC World Champion, WBC Regular Champion, WBC Interim Champion, WBC In Recess Champion, WBC Silver Champion, WBC International Champion, WBC Diamond Champion). Total joke, only their "World Champion" is worthy of being called World Champion. The amount of money they are making from the sanctioning fees...

The WBA are not far behind the WBC in terms of having too many joke titles. Manual Charr claims to be Heavyweight Champion of the World because he had the WBA Regular title but it was then taken off him due to not defending it for 4 years. Trevor Bryant was then made Champion.

WBA below.

SUPER CHAMPIONANTHONY JOSHUAGBR
WORLD CHAMPIONTREVOR BRYANUSA
CHAMPION IN RECESSMAHMOUD CHARRLIB
GOLD CHAMPIONROBERT HELENIUSFIN

This might explain a lot more.

The Orgs are from Panama, Mexico, USA.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron

For example, the IBF is very strict with enforcing its Mandatories compared to the other 3 Orgs. Fury was stripped of his IBF Title.

Some Orgs have stricter pre-fight weight clauses, some use the 3 KD rule and some don't as a couple of examples.

Then you have promotors aligned to certain Orgs, Warren (Queensbury) affiliate themselves with the WBO.

IBF imo are probably the best Org of the 4. WBC are a joke (WBC World Champion, WBC Regular Champion, WBC Interim Champion, WBC In Recess Champion, WBC Silver Champion, WBC International Champion, WBC Diamond Champion). Total joke, only their "World Champion" is worthy of being called World Champion. The amount of money they are making from the sanctioning fees...

The WBA are not far behind the WBC in terms of having too many joke titles. Manual Charr claims to be Heavyweight Champion of the World because he had the WBA Regular title but it was then taken off him due to not defending it for 4 years. Trevor Bryant was then made Champion.

WBA below.

I was about to say all that.🤣

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron

WBA below.

cheers for that. Im no Boxing officianado but I caught the back end of something on radio 2, today, and it got me wondering.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
I'm sure I remember heavyweights coveting the WBC belt the most as they traced its ancestry back to the Muhammad Ali line.
The other belt, of course, traces its line of ancestry back to the old West Bromwich Albion side of the 1950s.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Devin Haney v Jorge Linares early tomorrow morning (DAZN) for the WBC World Lightweight Title (135).

Linares was tasty maybe 3 or 4 years ago but I expect Haney to win a UD over 12 Rounds.

Preston Lad

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Patron
I can't see Usyk beating AJ.
No doubting his talent but he's no chance of stopping Joshua imo. Points? Maybe but again I doubt it. Don't forget he's a blown up Cruiserweight and AJ is a very hard hitting natural heavyweight with more skill than many give him credit for.
Yes, Wilder has a punchers chance but if Fury takes the fight seriously then I think Wilder will have his arsed handed to him on a plate for a second time.
Both will come through unscathed and we can then hopefully get the fight everyone wants with a Joshua win by KO in my humble opinion.
I think AJ comfortably beats Usyk.

Fury however....

Despite dominating the last 2 fights, I’ve just got a feeling he’s going to be knocked out by Wilder.

Hope I’m wrong because I desperately want to see him and AJ get it on.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Devin Haney v Jorge Linares early tomorrow morning (DAZN) for the WBC World Lightweight Title (135).

Linares was tasty maybe 3 or 4 years ago but I expect Haney to win a UD over 12 Rounds.
As predicted, bang on the $$$$ again. :D

Next weekend, on BT Sports, it is the return of Daniel Dubois v Bogdan Dinu. A reasonable lower end Euro name as a comeback fight but I expect DDD to get him out of there by the mid rounds.

Then on June 12th, on the Ritson v Ponce card up in Newcastle sees Fitz fight his 2nd fight of the year. This one is on SKY.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
In case people are not aware, Matchroom (Hearn and his Stable) have left SKY for DAZN on a 5 year contract.

I would expect one or two of Hennessey, MTK or even Queensbury to fill the void. Rumours of BT cutting back on their sporting output.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron

Bloody hell!!!

I am shocked by this sad awful news.

One of my 1st boxing heroes growing up as a kid in the early 80s. We all know which fight lightened up my senses.

His style was mesmerising on the eye to this then 12 year old.

R.I.P. Fella.