Boxing Thread

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
The Gypsy King speaks.

“It’s over. Deontay Wilder tried to bring my character down with the bull s*** he said.

“So if I were like the rest of the world, I’d probably sue him for defamation of character for $100 million. But considering I’m not, I’m not interested in doing that type of thing.

“So he’ll never get a shot against me. He’ll never for what he said,”
Go away Wilder, you dumb assed fool.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
The more I see of Katie Taylor, the more I like.
Classy boxer with all the skills who can also mix it up.
Becoming my favourite fighter.

MBcha

Forum Patron
Patron
He's a one dimensional boxer with no plan B.
Lucky to be around at a time when there is a lack of top quality heavyweights.
In any other era, he wouldn't have made top 10.

Nice costume though.
There has always been a puncher who walks through people in HW in all eras, Wilder would always get found out eventually but he deserved his spot at the top, he can take a lick and his timing is excellent, shot selection and movement leaves him lacking though. That said this HW division is the worst and least interesting division in boxing. Even worse than the traditionally poor LHW and that's saying something!

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
There has always been a puncher who walks through people in HW in all eras, Wilder would always get found out eventually but he deserved his spot at the top, he can take a lick and his timing is excellent, shot selection and movement leaves him lacking though. That said HW division is the worst and least interesting division in boxing. Even worse than the traditionally poor LHW and that's saying something!
I've always preferred the Welterweight/Middleweight divisions.
Fast, skillful and can bang.
These divisions are usually very competitive and have their fair share of quality fighters.
My all time favourite is Hagler and imo the best pound for pound fighter EVER.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
The more I see of Katie Taylor, the more I like.
Classy boxer with all the skills who can also mix it up.
Becoming my favourite fighter.
You wouldn’t argue with her would you....

She looks quite mean... especially with her left eye slightly swollen.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I've always preferred the Welterweight/Middleweight divisions.
Fast, skillful and can bang.
These divisions are usually very competitive and have their fair share of quality fighters.
My all time favourite is Hagler and imo the best pound for pound fighter EVER.
Yeah, me too Hodgey... I’ve never been a big fan of heavyweights.

I always preferred featherweight, lightweight and welterweight contests....

Some really good fast quick boxing .....

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Boxing on BT Sports tonight from around 8pm. Middleweight between Heffron v Bentley.

SKY have the women (and men) on tomorrow night.

Katie Taylor, Terri Harper, etc fight but I am looking forward most towards Rachel Ball in her World Title fight after she previously defeated, against the odds, the Matchroom Hyped Shannon Courtenay.

Be thankful that another over hyped 4 fight "veteran" Ebanie Bridges isn't on the card v Ball unless you like fake big titties.

Taylor and Ball to emerge victorious.

Harper I am undecided upon.

Tonights card.

Tommy Fury fights on this card.

MBcha

Forum Patron
Patron
I've just realised Shakan Pitters vs Craig Richards British LHW title fight has been postponed for tomorrow night. I was looking forward that one, Richards is a great entertainer.

Rescheduled for December though...

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
According to Steve Wood, Scott is fighting in the New Year.

Steve Wood said:
Been hard not to respond to above but for legal reasons could not . Scott did spend a little time in prison but it was for braking bail conditions , he had been charged with assault but always claimed innocent and today in court he was cleared of all charges . Scott is back in training and will be fighting in the New Year

C'mon Scott lad!

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Now looks likely, after asking the question, Cheeseman v Metcalf.

The British Title has indeed been vacated.

Steve Wood said:
Very simple in that just got back in the gym and would not have been ready for a British title fight within the time scales we were under . Still think the best L-MW in Britain so in the future be nice to win it again , defend once and then own the Lonsdale belt