Boxing Thread

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
I'm just wondering if Chantelle being more comfortable at that weight might level things out a bit.
Possibly.
Don't get me wrong, she's an excellent fighter but Taylor's movement, accuracy and the numbers of punches she throws would be too much imo.
Chantelle has time on her side to add to her titles but I can't see her adding KT's to that number.

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
That was a weird stoppage.

Brook looking comfortable until he was knocked for 6 by what seemed like a jab.

He never recovered and was stopped in the 4th.

Retirement awaits I think.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
That was a weird stoppage.

Brook looking comfortable until he was knocked for 6 by what seemed like a jab.

He never recovered and was stopped in the 4th.

Retirement awaits I think.
Agree. Doing fine and looking reasonably comfortable, then stopped by punches that didn't seem to have stopping power.
Took way harder digs vs GGG. Maybe time and the fights he's had are catching up with him.

OP
paddysr

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
I'm just wondering if Chantelle being more comfortable at that weight might level things out a bit.
A lot of mouthing off on Twitter this morning saying that Chantelle takes Katie easily. Taylor is a class above.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
The other worrying thing for Brook is that he folded quicker than his arch rival Khan.

That will certainly hurt him.

Both now really have nowhere else to go now except as one of the chief supports to one of the two Joshua v Fury fights next year. Not a chance that they can headline their own show, both are past their primes and the interest from 5+ years ago has faded.

Anyway, onto next weekend.

Benn v Formella
Babic v Little
Wardley v Lartey
Allen v TBC

A couple of fun fights although Wardley, as a prospect v Lartey (who gave Dubois a bit of a fight and also fought Gorman), should be a reasonable measuring stick.

Babic is just a gimmick. Keeps calling out Hrgovic who'll splatter him inside 3 if they ever meet. Hrgovic is too good.

Then the big one on the 28th. Dubois v Joyce.

C'mon The Juggernaut.

EDIT - Just read that Dave Allen has retired - again! - this morning.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
The other worrying thing for Brook is that he folded quicker than his arch rival Khan.

That will certainly hurt him.

Both now really have nowhere else to go now except as one of the chief supports to one of the two Joshua v Fury fights next year. Not a chance that they can headline their own show, both are past their primes and the interest from 5+ years ago has faded.

Anyway, onto next weekend.

Benn v Formella
Babic v Little
Wardley v Lartey
Allen v TBC

A couple of fun fights although Wardley, as a prospect v Lartey (who gave Dubois a bit of a fight and also fought Gorman), should be a reasonable measuring stick.

Babic is just a gimmick. Keeps calling out Hrgovic who'll splatter him inside 3 if they ever meet. Hrgovic is too good.

Then the big one on the 28th. Dubois v Joyce.

C'mon The Juggernaut.

EDIT - Just read that Dave Allen has retired - again! - this morning.
Babic should seriously think Cruiserweight.
He'll get absolutely hammered when he steps up the rankings in the HW division.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
C5 Friday Dec 11th, the night before Joshua / Pulev.

I always like watching The Egg fight because (Smith fight apart when he was out classed) that is his game.

Theophane is past it though. Sam to win mid - late rounds.

MBcha

Forum Patron
Patron
C5 Friday Dec 11th, the night before Joshua / Pulev.

I always like watching The Egg fight because (Smith fight apart when he was out classed) that is his game.

Theophane is past it though. Sam to win mid - late rounds.

I wasn't aware Eggington had left Matchroom?

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Wow!!

Deluded.

Exhibit A - Luis Ortiz who claims to be 41 but is nearer the age of 50. Aye, "not old and is fresh" :rolleyes:

Donkey Wilder said:
"I want to fight the guy that's fresh, that's not old. That's ready to go. He's ready to go right now, you can see in a previous fight. Just like Luis Ortiz"

Tell yourself a lie enough times and it eventually becomes your very own truth.

What a bellend.

Accuses Fury and The Nevada State Commission of Cheating, Racism, Corruption, Team Tampering, etc.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Wow!!

Deluded.

Exhibit A - Luis Ortiz who claims to be 41 but is nearer the age of 50. Aye, "not old and is fresh" :rolleyes:

Tell yourself a lie enough times and it eventually becomes your very own truth.

What a bellend.

Accuses Fury and The Nevada State Commission of Cheating, Racism, Corruption, Team Tampering, etc.

He's one lucky boy to have got where he has.
Only fought a few fighters of note.
Can you imagine him fighting a prime Iron Mike, Holyfield or even the older George Forman.
He needs to take his medicine and stfu.
I don't believe he'll get another title shot and certainly not from Fury.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Joyce v Dubois.

Bunce is ever so leaning towards Dubois when he is supposed to remain neutral.

Fair play to Sam Jones giving Fwank a bit of a going over.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
Fuck that...I'll be renewing my Anglers Licence.

Can only now imagine that the 2 fights with Fury will smash the £30 mark.

MrHodgeheg123

Alpha male
Patron
Babic wins again inside of three rounds against a distinctly average fighter.
Babic will get found out as soon as he comes up against a ranked heavyweight.
He's neither big enough nor good enough to compete at a higher level against true heavyweights.
Another couple of years and you'll hear nothing more about him.
Seems a nice enough guy but he's no future champion at this weight.

Jack Daniels

Staff member
Patron
So, whats your pick tomorrow night?

Dubois v Joyce. DDD v JJJ.

Dubois comes in at 17st 6lbs 6oz.

Joyce comes in at 18st 6lbs 14oz.

I am going against the popular grain and will be cheering on Joyce. Whilst Dubois does have legit power (albeit against puddings to date), his chin hasn't yet been tested. I think Joyce will test it plus whats Dubois like with his stamina? Will he gas? Questions, questions...

A loss will massively damage Joyce at the age of 35 whereas a defeat for Dubois isn't the end of the world aged 22.

Lets face it, once AJ, Fury, Wilder, Usyk (all in their early to mid 30s now) leave the scene in the next 5 years, he'll still only be aged 27. Time is his friend.

Hence because of this, I am cheering JJJ on tomorrow night.

Joyce with a late stoppage after a gruelling fight. If Dubois is to win, he'll have to strike early within the first 4 imo.

Genuinely cannot wait for this fight.