PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brett back in full training next week??

norky84

Patron
Just read on official website that Brett is having an Xray, and if results are good he could be back in full training next week. What great news this is. I highly rate Brett, and I know this quote is old, but hopefully him returning is like us signing a new player!!

Re: Brett back in full training next week??

norky84 said:
hopefully him returning is like us signing a new player!!

Thats what im hoping, also Nowland to! should put the shitters up the under performing lot we have had taking to the field so far this season in the knowledge that there is not anyone really pushing them for there place!

TheDogzBollox said:
Thats what im hoping, also Nowland to! should put the shitters up the under performing lot we have had taking to the field so far this season in the knowledge that there is not anyone really pushing them for there place!

That is a very valid point DB..

I think too many players have been complacent in the knowledge that due to the injuries nobody has been pushing them.

When Brett, Nowland and Brian O'Neil are back in action it will put pressure on the likes of McKenna and Jarrett who have been at their best !!!

Im all for the return of brett and NOwland as they are badly needed to challenge for positions but you have to ask yourself will they get back to what they were? Nowland has struggled horribly during the last 9 months in his recovery from that filth of a challenge and so has he the mental and physical capabilities of getting back to running from midfield into the box a la his goals at Crewe and Norwich to name but 2. If he does come back in October he is gonna be 3 months behind in fitness and stamina. Then 6you are looking at January to see him back to his best if he ever gets there. Brett has broken his leg before and has the mental strength to get back but at 29(?) this could be one injury too far and may keep inflaming up if not looked after correctly. I hate tpo burst the bubble or seem the eternal pessimist but if people are expecting Nowls and Brett to stroll straight back in and bash teh goals in i feel it could be a season of gettiong back to match fitness for the pair of them.

Brilliant news about Brett!

We`ve certainly missed him so far this season and cant wait to see him playing again after a very nasty injury. We certainly need competition for places in that area aswell and his return should give the others a bit of a kick up the arse aswell.

Nobody's expecting them to come straight into the team or anything like that. But after a few weeks training and in the reserves, then they'll be useful options again.

Ooooh, Brett Ormerod, I wonder if he's any relation to Charlie Ormerod? During the war he took me to see Casablanca followed by a knee trembler round the back of the Hippodrome on Friargate. Rum 'un he was.

Aunt Fanny said:
Ooooh, Brett Ormerod, I wonder if he's any relation to Charlie Ormerod? During the war he took me to see Casablanca followed by a knee trembler round the back of the Hippodrome on Friargate. Rum 'un he was.
Must have been one hell of a quick knee trembler - I always remember the alley behind the Hipperdrome as being well lit

brianherron said:
Must have been one hell of a quick knee trembler - I always remember the alley behind the Hipperdrome as being well lit

Not with your eyes shut it wasn't. Perhaps you haven't been doing it right herronchops.

With Ormerod back soon, Mellor approaching fitness and Agyemang apparently playing well for the reserves, we should be full of goals soon ... shouldn't we?!

Heard from a gym goer that Brett will return very soon but also heard from the same guy that Nowland is absolutely nowhere near fitness. Adam is apparantely still trailing his damaged leg and has very little muscle around the injury.

tg