Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Not sure who you think the 16.5 million remain voters were. Most people who voted leave were tories, most people who voted remain were labour. The Labour Party, the trade unions and the cooperative movement all supported remain. You voted with the Tory party, farage, Fox, Davis, crispin Oder, Rupert murdoch, etc etc etc you can dress it up how you like.
405/650 of the constituencies voted Leave.
In England, many if not the majority of these were away from the South East and other traditional Tory heartlands.
I can only assume you are on the wind up.

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
I agree, Raef is right there is a lot of truth in that. It still does not alter the fact that the EU seems to have set about destroying itself. Hell, we haven't even got into the whole Ukrainian debacle.
Indeed - the austerity/bullying of weaker countries, the mishandling of the refugee crisis, and Juncker bleating on about 'More Europe' (anathema to many Brits) did not help at all. People are not stupid and can see exactly what has been going on. Without the extra leave votes from these, remain might have carried the day.

Ukraine could be the next thing to come back and bite them on the arse - they supported some very dodgy people there. Surprisingly, Verhofstadt, so vocal in his support for the pro-EU Ukrainians, has financial interests there according to some journalists. A self-serving little fuck! :D

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
405/650 of the constituencies voted Leave.
In England, many if not the majority of these were away from the South East and other traditional Tory heartlands.
I can only assume you are on the wind up.
However you dress it up, 65% of Labour voters voted Remain and only 39% of Tories did so

I certainly don't know any members of my Labour Party branch who voted leave

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Indeed - the austerity/bullying of weaker countries, the mishandling of the refugee crisis, and Juncker bleating on about 'More Europe' (anathema to many Brits) did not help at all. People are not stupid and can see exactly what has been going on. Without the extra leave votes from these, remain might have carried the day.

Ukraine could be the next thing to come back and bite them on the arse - they supported some very dodgy people there. Surprisingly, Verhofstadt, so vocal in his support for the pro-EU Ukrainians, has financial interests there according to some journalists. A self-serving little fuck! :D
The daft thing is Corbyn solved Brexit two years ago.The EU appear to be more than interested in his ideas.

The Peoples Vote people today are refusing a peoples vote.

Remain now want no peoples vote.

Nobody wants to leave with the best plan. Lexit. And it's all Corbyns fault??

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
this in itself isnt the whole truth either. Parliamentary debate centred almost entirely on the sovereignty issue. However this has been mainly forgotten.

Enoch Powell said:

David Owen replied for Labour:

so you can see even from this little snippet of the parliamentary debate that "Sovereignty," was discussed quite openly even back then.
Discussed, then dismissed.

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
The daft thing is Corbyn solved Brexit two years ago.The EU appear to be more than interested in his ideas.

The Peoples Vote people today are refusing a peoples vote.

Remain now want no peoples vote.

Nobody wants to leave with the best plan. Lexit. And it's all Corbyns fault??
Must admit, I am losing track of who wants what!

Unfortunately, May is a floating turd that won't flush, yet seems to have a media often more interested in attacking Corbyn than holding the government to account.

They have had their noses in the trough and were expecting this to be their next big pay day, no doubt. They didn't give a second thought to the possibility of destabilising a region and the consequences for the population. Yet we're supposed to think they're in some way different to the cocks in Westminster.

However you dress it up, 65% of Labour voters voted Remain and only 39% of Tories did so

I certainly don't know any members of my Labour Party branch who voted leave
Sunderland that rabid Tory heartland voted leave. Stoke on Trent, another true blue caliphate was the 'Leavest' of the Leavers!

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Sunderland that rabid Tory heartland voted leave. Stoke on Trent, another true blue caliphate was the 'Leavest' of the Leavers!
The spatial distribution is an entirely different matter. The fact remains that Labour, the LDs and Greens were overwhelmingly pro remain and UKIP and Tory voters overwhelmingly pro leave. The biggest leave majorities were in Tory or UKIPy type places ....I give you E midlands and East of England areas

The spatial distribution is an entirely different matter. The fact remains that Labour, the LDs and Greens were overwhelmingly pro remain and UKIP and Tory voters overwhelmingly pro leave. The biggest leave majorities were in Tory or UKIPy type places ....I give you E midlands and East of England areas
Why do you think Labour voters behaved so differently by region?

I'll give you a clue if you like but I doubt you'll need one.

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
They have had their noses in the trough and were expecting this to be their next big pay day, no doubt. They didn't give a second thought to the possibility of destabilising a region and the consequences for the population. Yet we're supposed to think they're in some way different to the cocks in Westminster.
All part of the drive for EU expansion - better off sorting out the problems within the existing countries rather than trying to create more.

The EU has given lots of 'aid' to Ukraine in the form of billions of Euros worth of loans - for some reason, I get a feeling of deja vu with that! :D

All part of the drive for EU expansion - better off sorting out the problems within the existing countries rather than trying to create more.

The EU has given lots of 'aid' to Ukraine in the form of billions of Euros worth of loans - for some reason, I get a feeling of deja vu with that! :D
'Aid'
Ha Ha Ha
:ROFLMAO:

Those lovely folks in Brussels always looking out for others or rather always looking out for the next source of cheap labour and ballast for the DeutschMark, sorry Euro!

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron
'Aid'
Ha Ha Ha
:ROFLMAO:

Those lovely folks in Brussels always looking out for others or rather always looking out for the next source of cheap labour and ballast for the DeutschMark, sorry Euro!
The EU and IMF are making sure that there is lots of privatisation, austerity, 'structural reforms', 'liberalisation of the labour market' and young, educated people leaving the country involved. Again, I can't help but feel I have seen that somewhere before...:D

edgy

Manager
The EU and IMF are making sure that there is lots of privatisation, austerity, 'structural reforms', 'liberalisation of the labour market' and young, educated people leaving the country involved. Again, I can't help but feel I have seen that somewhere before...:D
You have
Mission impossible - the IMF
Film title rogue nation - ironic isn't it !!