Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
Ive had a lot of jip for this but until Farage played his infamous poster card I was in exactly the same position. The, "unsubtle racism," implied in that poster meant I could not vote on his side.
And I was extremely pro brexit until the Tories started offering their version. Which won’t be Brexit in anything but name.

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron
And I was extremely pro brexit until the Tories started offering their version. Which won’t be Brexit in anything but name.
what specifically in the “Tory “ version of Brexit do you not like. What agreements with the EU would you do that you think they are not going to do. ?

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
@Nobber, I’m interested in your thoughts on this too. You are going to reply?
Simply put.

Boris lied. He was a remainder through and through and simply changed his tact to get in power. Surely you can see how he has ‘handled’ this pandemic that it’s just lie after lie after lie.

I wanted the whole lot ripping up and starting again. I wanted a trade deal that concentrated just on trade. No political interference from either side. No enforced austerity on whole countries. No faceless politicians on a gravy train. Just what is best for the economies of all in the trade agreement.

The eu is run by Tory plus. This shower of shit in government drive cars to check blindness, that alone should make people realise that what they say and what they actually do is a world apart.

LostinSpace

PNE Exile
Patron
Simply put.

Boris lied. He was a remainder through and through and simply changed his tact to get in power. Surely you can see how he has ‘handled’ this pandemic that it’s just lie after lie after lie.

I wanted the whole lot ripping up and starting again. I wanted a trade deal that concentrated just on trade. No political interference from either side. No enforced austerity on whole countries. No faceless politicians on a gravy train. Just what is best for the economies of all in the trade agreement.

The eu is run by Tory plus. This shower of shit in government drive cars to check blindness, that alone should make people realise that what they say and what they actually do is a world apart.
Agree, but it looks as though there won’t even be a trade deal.

There’s no point going over old arguments but as bad and as right wing you think the EU is, they’re nowhere near as bad as our government.

I’ve now given up, nothing I can do about it. Just have to wait and see how much shit we’re in after we leave completely.

One thing I don’t get is why the government’s saying we’re out now. We’re not until the transition period comes to an end. We’ve paid our subs so might as well milk it for all it’s worth untl then.

Last edited:

Sepp Blatter

Goat Molester
Patron

There’s no point going over old arguments but as bad and as right wing you think the EU is, they’re nowhere near as bad as our government.

I’ve now given up, nothing I can do about it. Just have to wait and see how much shit we’re in after we leave completely.

One thing I don’t get is why the government’s saying we’re out now. We’re not until the transition period comes to an end. We’ve paid our subs so might as well milk it for all it’s worth untl then.
I respectfully disagree :D :p

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
As much as many want to deny it the election, in December, was the 2nd referendum and the people rubber stamped their earlier decision.
It's done now... but we need to stop this rewriting of history, which happens again and again.

The vast majority of people would agree that the December GE was indeed a de facto 2nd referendum. However, for historical accuracy, it is important to recognise that the people did NOT rubber stamp the decision. Quite the opposite. A decisive majority voted for parties that wanted to stop Brexit or put it to a new vote.

chorleythehord

Forum Patron
Patron
Simply put.

A free trade agreement is available provided:

1. We continue to allow access to E.U. fishing vessels to our waters
2. We accept “level playing field” - for that read we adopt E.U. rules and standards
3. We accept the jurisdiction of the ECJ

which of those would you give way on to get the trade deal?

At the moment the tories are not budging on any , and it’s heading for no deal ( though I believe there will be an 11th hour concession from the EU) , which may fit your tear it up and start again desire .

The rest of your wishes can be met because we will be independent of the EU and have British people electing British politicians making British Law. If you don’t like them, vote them out. That’s why I voted leave.

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron

And that is where we disagree. I find that the eu are as bad as the government we have now. What have they done to assist their members during this pandemic?

I totally agree with your comment about the government saying we’re out now, I’ve had to point it out to several people that what these liars say and what is reality are polar opposites. It’s a joke.

John T

Advisor to the Owner
You've shocked me Walt, you've never mentioned you where all for brexit before, I thought you where a remainer.
ha ha ha Winky

Thought I was a remainer? NEVER
But never mind I still think 'You are absolutely fabulous'
Can you pass on too Lost in Space
We ARE already out, just to decide if we have a Trade Deal or WTO terms
Myself I still suspect there will be a deal, because it’s in both sides best Interests

BUT if not WTO will ‘do’ for me

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
ha ha ha Winky

Thought I was a remainer? NEVER
But never mind I still think 'You are absolutely fabulous'
Can you pass on too Lost in Space
We ARE already out, just to decide if we have a Trade Deal or WTO terms
Myself I still suspect there will be a deal, because it’s in both sides best Interests

BUT if not WTO will ‘do’ for me
In which way are we out?

John T

Advisor to the Owner
In which way are we out?
You haven't being paying attention again

Parliament voted to withdraw
The letter was handed in
And accepted
Legally JOB DONE
We are only still 'haggling' about the future terms

Even the BBC (the EU’s Foreign office) know that