Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
Actually I am NOT saying it will last

I have no doubt there will be 'bumps' along the way, particularly from Drivers and Hauliers (probably smaller outfits) but they will get used to it after being subjected to initial delays

HOWEVER

The point I was making (in my own way) was

You can bet your sweet life the moment any delays happen

The Remoaners will be all over it like a rash

Bad News for them is GOOD

Good News is VERY BAD

Brexit fishface has just cautioned material delays at Dover. Keep up. Time for your horlicks

OP
raefil

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
You might wonder why Im putting these on here. Think about it.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
You might wonder why Im putting these on here. Think about it.

That prize idiot Alison Pearson is being disingenuous as always. She was writing earlier last year about her whole family all having Covid and what a good thing that was. She's a shit journalist and an even shitter liar.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron

John T

Advisor to the Owner
Isn’t it funny?

Those well Know Remoaner News channels The BBC and SKY have gone quiet about anything happening at Dover or indeed Kent

Nothing Bad to report?

It will all change no doubt when the next ‘hic up’ occurs there

Of Course that will be GOOD news for them

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
Isn’t it funny?

Those well Know Remoaner News channels The BBC and SKY have gone quiet about anything happening at Dover or indeed Kent

Nothing Bad to report?

Ffs did you not listen to Gove yesterday. That well known Remoaner. Give me strength.

John T

Advisor to the Owner
Ffs did you not listen to Gove yesterday. That well known Remoaner. Give me strength.
He said before now ‘‘It would take time to settle down''

Which is the same has I have said before

When I worked in Export Sales, we soon picked it up what was required
And as I have said again, even if it means 'more paperwork' Companies will do it and become accustomed to it, if profit is involved

Get a few Lorries tuned back in Kent or Dover, and said Hauliers won't make that mistake again

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Isn’t it funny?

Nothing Bad to report?

er... have you seen much about the fishing industry saying how shit the Brexit deal is? Nope. Barely a mention because of other news priorities.

have you seen much about the tariffs hitting our businesses? Not a lot.

in case you hadn’t noticed, there is insurrection in the USA and COVID going wild, killing our people.

But you think that the fact that queues being only moderate in Dover should be the headline on News at Ten.

Yawn.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
He said before now ‘‘It would take time to settle down''

Which is the same has I have said before

When I worked in Export Sales, we soon picked it up what was required
And as I have said again, even if it means 'more paperwork' Companies will do it and become accustomed to it, if profit is involved

Get a few Lorries tuned back in Kent or Dover, and said Hauliers won't make that mistake again

Just keep posting. Profit is all about margins. We’ve surrendered much advantage at the border and will lose market share to EU competitiors who will get fish to market more efficiently. The only economic question is whether the trade loss we must feel to the EU is made up by all those trade deals we are waiting on. Until then, youd be wise to pipe down. Ergo you wont.

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron

John T

Advisor to the Owner
Just keep posting. Profit is all about margins. We’ve surrendered much advantage at the border and will lose market share to EU competitiors who will get fish to market more efficiently. The only economic question is whether the trade loss we must feel to the EU is made up by all those trade deals we are waiting on. Until then, youd be wise to pipe down. Ergo you wont.
''Ergo you wont''

Why should I

When so many on here wish Brexit to be a failure from Day 1
Somebody has to put the alternative to all the left Windgers on here

portisheadpete

Forum Patron
Patron
I wonder why he felt the need to delete this?

''Ergo you wont''

Why should I

When so many on here wish Brexit to be a failure from Day 1
Somebody has to put the alternative to all the left Windgers on here

Wishing something happens doesnt make it happen. This is from the Boris book of how not to govern. For him its just matter of hoping for the best and imagination. No concept of reality, or the hard yards. Whether or not Brexit is an economic success or not is nothing to do with will or belief systems. Its down to businesses and they will follow the money.

Last edited:

John T

Advisor to the Owner
Wishing something happens doesnt make it happen. This is from the Boris book of how not to govern. For him its just matter of hoping for the best and imagination. No concept of reality, or the hard yards. Whether or not Brexit is an economic success or not is nothing to do with will or belief systems. Its down to businesses and they will follow the money.
Which is what I have been saying for quite a while?

If there is money to be made despite any extra paperwork or bureaucracy, as regards trade with the EU
They will do it