PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

I guarantee that if the opposite view helped your case, you would support an opposite view. Anyway - Thanks for backing me up! “A Good few years ago... ” - that is more than likely a time before the trust engendered by the GFA really kicked in.

In two decades of peace, the communities have taken advantage of the peace deal they agreed and there is a lot more of that social mixing. The big majority of of kids now realise that the other side also have one head each and that documentary might look very different if filmed today.

Clearly, tensions have not completely disappeared and that could take literally a lifetime. That really is how human society works.

Trouble is, if you tear at a wound before it has healed properly, it will reopen and you might even go back to square one.

Stop making excuses for them.... 20 years you say? Fair enough. If they can't get over it and sort their differences out then I'm buggered if I'm going to vote in order to keep the bloody idiots apart.

There was another way but..................

It was undermined by Labour and ignored by the media.

Brexit could and should have been so different but the Powers that be didnt want it to be this way.

Its all history now

Corbyn should have opened his mouth instead of towing the party line and keeping his head down....... In my view that's where he slipped up.

There was another way but..................

It was undermined by Labour and ignored by the media.

Brexit could and should have been so different but the Powers that be didnt want it to be this way.

Its all history now
Yup - all about moving forwards, now. The various sides are, at least, talking and looking for solutions and compromises rather than deliberately trying to antagonise each other.

Hopefully, they will look for something like the Karlsson solution we discussed a while back (here's a quick summary version):

Theresa May’s red lines killed any chance of sensible negotiations re customs union and free trade agreements.

The werent up for negotiation so thats what happened.

People seem to have vey short memories.

Which is what I have been saying, the tories were left to their own selfish devices because every buggar else was too busy telling 16.2m people they were thick and racist. Counter productive as always!

Joan, I hate to bring up facts again ;) - but in absolving Leave voters of any responsibility for failures, you are vehemently blaming Theresa May’s red lines here.

You can only blame them if you didn’t agree with them yourself. So which of Theresa’s red lines did you personally not share? I cannot think of a single one you wouldn’t agree with- only 2 or 3 hours you were absolutely adamant that you were firmly against the main ones. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Stop making excuses for them.... 20 years you say? Fair enough. If they can't get over it and sort their differences out then I'm buggered if I'm going to vote in order to keep the bloody idiots apart.

OK , I will stop this line of discussion with you. I just refer back to your inability to understand human society and culture- if you cannot see that it can easily take a lifetime to overcome deep rifts - and the amount of progress in the last 20 years has been excellent.
Still - you rip it up. I am sure you know best.

Which is what I have been saying, the tories were left to their own selfish devices because every buggar else was too busy telling 16.2m people they were thick and racist. Counter productive as always!
Yup - I remember even Brexiters pointing out to Remainers that calling people names would backfire.

On the bright side, I think that many folk are increasingly prepared to listen to what others are saying, and try to understand their perspective rather than simply bullying and belittling. Maybe this will help to detoxify political debates.

Joan, I hate to bring up facts again ;) - but in absolving Leave voters of any responsibility for failures, you are vehemently blaming Theresa May’s red lines here.

You can only blame them if you didn’t agree with them yourself. So which of Theresa’s red lines did you personally not share? I cannot think of a single one you wouldn’t agree with- only 2 or 3 hours you were absolutely adamant that you were firmly against the main ones. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Regardless if you insist on pointing blame I will be honest with you. You say more voters voted for parties that wanted another referendum well, if they hadn’t been so bloody thick they would have voted for the same party and got their second referendum but they were just to busy being judgemental and holier than thou. I don’t “blame” anyone I’m glad we have left so no blame necessary. You possibly want to blame yourself and other remainers though it was your votes that got us here too.

Regardless if you insist on pointing blame I will be honest with you. You say more voters voted for parties that wanted another referendum well, if they hadn’t been so bloody thick they would have voted for the same party and got their second referendum but they were just to busy being judgemental and holier than thou. I don’t “blame” anyone I’m glad we have left so no blame necessary. You possibly want to blame yourself and other remainers though it was your votes that got us here too.
Also blame the Labour Party, why they went against a democratic vote could only have been to try and block the result. They played straight into the Tories hands. I actually question whether they are in total cohorts with them.

So again, the self service politicians are to blame. Not the people who rightly voted to undermine unaccountable self serving liars.

I actually find it quite sad that people fall for their bullshit.

I quite like that answer. Obviously I don’t agre but it has a ring to it. Good way to end today’s exchange 😁 (y)

Everyone can see what your doing.

By not answering my question it’s obvious that you made it up. Not very nice to be a proven liar, ah well, keep it up 👍🏻
So every time you’ve replied bollocks to a post, and there have been so many, you’ve been proving yourself to be a liar.
Thanks for confirming what I knew all along.

tenor.gif

So every time you’ve replied bollocks to a post, and there have been so many, you’ve been proving yourself to be a liar.
Thanks for confirming what I knew all along.
Funnily enough I knew you’d say that.

I don’t reply bollocks to a question. I reply bollocks when someone is just posting bullshit.

Try harder to hide your inability to hide your lies 👍🏻

Funnily enough I knew you’d say that.

I don’t reply bollocks to a question. I reply bollocks when someone is just posting bullshit.

Try harder to hide your inability to hide your lies 👍🏻
Bollocks. Hook line and sinker. 😂

Theresa Mys red lines killed any chance of sensible negotiations re customs union and free trade agreements.

The werent up for negotiation so thats what happened.

People seem to have vey short memories.
Theresa May's deal was a customs union in all but name and offered so-called dynamic alignment between NI and the rest of the UK. The deal basically offered Labour and Jeremy Corbyn what they wanted. Very close customs arrangements, and it ended freedom of movement which was a big issue for many traditional Labour voters in northern areas etc.

Voting for this deal would've taken whether Brexit happened or not off the table in any future election which would have benefitted Labour, but imho Corbyn was too fixated on bringing down Theresa May to vote for the deal. The decision to block the deal and end up with a 'clean Brexit' vs second referendum election against Boris Johnson is one of the biggest political misjudgments of the whole Brexit era.

It was the remainers in parliament that killed soft Brexit imho, not May or the Tories. They had an open goal and missed it. Even during the indicative votes, with the government on the ropes, none of the soft Brexit options gained majority support because many remainers in parliament had refused to compromise and had taken a second referendum or nothing policy.

Bollocks. Hook line and sinker. 😂
Youre making a fool of yourself pal. I won’t reply bollocks when someone asks me a question, I will answer the question. That’s twice you’ve taken to lying to deflect away from yourself, I suggest you stop now......or if you want to continue down this path I’m game to prove my point.

Dog with a bone. Liars do not win.

Theresa May's deal was a customs union in all but name and offered so-called dynamic alignment between NI and the rest of the UK. The deal basically offered Labour and Jeremy Corbyn what they wanted. Very close customs arrangements, and it ended freedom of movement which was a big issue for many traditional Labour voters in northern areas etc.

Voting for this deal would've taken whether Brexit happened or not off the table in any future election which would have benefitted Labour, but imho Corbyn was too fixated on bringing down Theresa May to vote for the deal. The decision to block the deal and end up with a 'clean Brexit' vs second referendum election against Boris Johnson is one of the biggest political misjudgments of the whole Brexit era.

It was the remainers in parliament that killed soft Brexit imho, not May or the Tories. They had an open goal and missed it. Even during the indicative votes, with the government on the ropes, none of the soft Brexit options gained majority support because many remainers in parliament had refused to compromise and had taken a second referendum or nothing policy.
Good post.

Just for the record in conjunction with a couple of earlier posts, Corbyn described the eu as an Empire in 2009. How anyone can perceive it as anything different is staggering.