Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Johnson now full on trying to pull out of an agreement he signed just 7 months ago.

He could even get his own way if he agreed to accept EU food standards. That begs the question, is he happy for UK food standards to be lower?

beagleman

Advisor to the Owner
Is it really beyond the realms of possibility to insert a covert unit in France to identify launch sites and actively confront the traffickers as they prepare to launch and punture their dinghys as they pull up?
Surely a big dinghy must be quite visible being driven around coastal roads.

outreacher

Best dancer at Top Rank
Patron
The Home Office has doled out cuts in every service they are meant to control, since The Right Honourable May made massive cuts to Customs and Excise 'Border Control', HMP, the Police.

Giving millions to the French won't do any good, need a few fast Speedboats, like the Spanish use around La Linea and the Cape of Gib, I can't find an image. Just make an agreement with the French, that we will patrol the waters close to the French Waters, and turn back any people smugglers boats?

Probably cause an uproar in Macrons pants but fuck em, they just let their, and Europe's migrant exit problem blossom, for the benefit of France by letting those super dinghy's to be launched with 50 people on board without anyone noticing, what a load of bollocks.

The French will continue to ignore the boats, imagine if boats where being launched from Dover or further up the East Coast, not possible they would be noticed.

The Tories have continually made massive cuts to important public services, and the control of this country is in the hands of Boris the Stooge and his puppeteers.

This is not a political rant.

Last edited:

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Giving millions to the French won't do any good, need a few fast Speedboats, like the Spanish use around La Linea and the Cape of Gib, I can't find an image. Just make an agreement with the French, that we will patrol the waters close to the French Waters, and turn back any people smugglers boats?
We could use the Royal Yacht, it has FA else to do. We’d just need to add a powerful engine, the one from Johnson’s fancy plane would do nicely. 😀

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
On a serious note, I don’t see what the problem is.

It’s a great invasion story for the media and Patel’s drum banging but a few migrants here and there aren’t going to cause a population boom and we need labour right now.
On the whole, these are desperate people who are being exploited by the smugglers, they are the ones we should be after.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
amazingly nobody appears to be questioning it?

no-one on Earth could be certain it had been the right decision to quit the EU.
"I think anyone who says they're sure about questions like that has a screw loose."

In principle, I don’t have a problem with Cummings’ words there. I think he’s right.

It’s a hugely complex equation, with many unknowables - and I don’t think anyone could be certain Brexit or Remain would be the better option.

Clearly I think the evidence was stacked in favour of Remain. it was stupid to leave - most especially moronic to leave without any plan (even more especially, leaving with no plan for Ireland)

Cummings’ statement here was consistent with the candid persona that he was portraying.

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
In principle, I don’t have a problem with Cummings’ words there. I think he’s right.

It’s a hugely complex equation, with many unknowables - and I don’t think anyone could be certain Brexit or Remain would be the better option.

Clearly I think the evidence was stacked in favour of Remain. it was stupid to leave - most especially moronic to leave without any plan (even more especially, leaving with no plan for Ireland)

Cummings’ statement here was consistent with the candid persona that he was portraying.
But later in the interview he was asked how he felt when leave had won he said that he was happy because of all of the benefits the people of the UK would feel. He appeared to contradict himself. Or did I miss something?

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
But later in the interview he was asked how he felt when leave had won he said that he was happy because of all of the benefits the people of the UK would feel. He appeared to contradict himself. Or did I miss something?

The two statements are perfectly compatible - no contradiction at all.

He had earlier made clear that in his view (and mine), no one could be 100% sure of the future - and whether Brexit (or Remain) would be the better option. I think this is a statement of the obvious

His judgement is that Brexit is/will be a very good thing for Britain and so when asked how he felt about the result, he was pleased because of the overall benefits he thinks will arise.

He’s very wrong in my opinion- and yours - but I really can’t see how there is any contradiction at all in what he said.

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
On a serious note, I don’t see what the problem is.

It’s a great invasion story for the media and Patel’s drum banging but a few migrants here and there aren’t going to cause a population boom and we need labour right now.
On the whole, these are desperate people who are being exploited by the smugglers, they are the ones we should be after.
Are you for real, at least 7,000 economic migrants have come over on boat already this year and you call that a few let alone all the others from lorries if you think that is sustainable you need to give you head a wobble . This tiny island is already full to the brim let alone letting people in who have no right to be here .

They should go through the proper channels as others do to try to get here legally .

Desperate don't make me laugh they have travelled many safe countries to get here.
Forget the smugglers, the French and the English governments need to get there heads together if any are trying to get over here they should be taken straight back to France .They will soon get the message not to risk their life because it wont be worth it.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Are you for real, at least 7,000 economic migrants have come over on boat already this year and you call that a few let alone all the others from lorries if you think that is sustainable you need to give you head a wobble . This tiny island is already full to the brim let alone letting people in who have no right to be here .

They should go through the proper channels as others do to try to get here legally .

Desperate don't make me laugh they have travelled many safe countries to get here.
Forget the smugglers, the French and the English governments need to get there heads together if any are trying to get over here they should be taken straight back to France .They will soon get the message not to risk their life because it wont be worth it.
Apparently voting for Brexit was a vote to close our borders.

Whod have thought it eh

Cutting ties with the has broken cross border cooperation

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron

They aren’t all economic migrants, despite what Patel says. Try having a bit of compassion, you’ll see it through different eyes if you do. And btw, 7,000 is a drop in the icean compared to close on 70 million.

outreacher

Best dancer at Top Rank
Patron
Apparently voting for Brexit was a vote to close our borders.

Whod have thought it eh

Cutting ties with the has broken cross border cooperation
The process could be managed better, for instance - forget the EU, get the fishermen our and start selling here in the UK. Strange how you can go to France , Spain, Greece, Italy and many many countries, China, Vietnam, Korea, why do we not fish, create our long battered and neglected fishery industry, Europe will buy it, their market is vaste.

No rules anymore on farming, so grow our own vegetables, why do we have to import. We need to import very little if we got our act together, - technology, chips and parts direct from, South Korea, or better still, produce the chips ourselves - a bit like we used to do.

Brexit is not being used for it's purpose, in enabling the UK, rebuild it's sustainability, why the fucking Tories are in charge, of the shambles I will never know, maybe the red wall defectors believed in Boris.

If anyone expects Boris to lead us forward, think again, the blokes a imbecile, he actually believes he his the next Winston C, he is easily manipulate by pussy, it has been the story of his life, paying from public funds for crumpet.

Trouble is instead of him being kicked out of that worthless building and Den of Iniquity, 'Westminster Palace, they are allowed to lie, dodge and do as they wish.

Anyone that believes Boris is a regular, sound, honest, politician, needs to give their head a wobble.