Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
I mean when they destroy their papers before they get here, it should be made clear entry and the right to stay will be made far more difficult without them.
In international law, papers or no papers people can claim asylum. Thats the whole point, many have had literally everything they own destroyed by war.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron

FEFt-4WWUAIXlnz

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Indeed but its been good to have an opposed debate without anyone throwing insults about. Passed a boring few hours, in fairness.
Twat :D :p

FEFt-4WWUAIXlnz
23 - 24,000 is virtually nothing for a wealthy country of 60 million people. Pretty sure that the UK can cope!

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Twat :D :p

23 - 24,000 is virtually nothing for a wealthy country of 60 million people. Pretty sure that the UK can cope!
Maybe we should do as the French do make them stay in tent hovels, as in Paris and Calais, or as the Greeks do lock them in in Samos behind wire? They would soon be looking for boats back to France.

Last edited:

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Maybe we should do as the French do make them stay in tent hovels, as in Paris and Calais, or as the Greeks do lock them in in Samos behind wire? They would soon be looking for boats back to France.
Using shits like Macron or Mitsotakis for moral guidance is a very low bar!

The facilities and treatment of refugees/migrant here is often disgraceful - while understandable at first (the country was genuinely overwhelmed), it is now a case of out of sight and out of mind for the Greek government and EU.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Using shits like Macron or Mitsotakis for moral guidance is a very low bar!

The facilities and treatment of refugees/migrant here is often disgraceful - while understandable at first (the country was genuinely overwhelmed), it is now a case of out of sight and out of mind for the Greek government and EU.
True Sepp, but it is what is happening in Europe, we put migrants up in hotels in the UK, we are the Utopia of migration...

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
True Sepp, but it is what is happening in Europe, we put migrants up in hotels in the UK, we are the Utopia of migration...
That, to me, is part of being a civilised society!

They do actually try to house asylum seekers and refugees in hotels once processes - we have some Syrian families in Sparta in a decent hotel - but many first stop camps are atrocious, as well as some of the tactics used by FRONTEX on the maritime border.

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Not really EU related (although the EU, UK, and US are involved on one side, and Russia and Turkey on the other), but this is causing a stir in the Balkans. Lots of geopolitics going on and lots of external forces trying to start yet another proxy conflict that could destabilise the region.

Although, it isn't as simple as the Serbs=bad that the majority of western media is portraying - Serbia and Croatia are both guilty of interfering, with the Bosniaks caught in the middle.

Last edited:

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
And yet another consequence of Brexit….

Amazon to stop accepting Visa credit cards in UK

Both Visa and its rival Mastercard have raised the so-called interchange fee on cross-border transactions between businesses in the UK and the European Union following Brexit.
So ignore the bullshit trying to appease Brexit voters.

I’ve just had a look at my Amazon account. There’s no mention of a £20 offer to switch my payment method but they are offering a £40 gift card if I get an Amazon MasterCard (which explains why MasterCard is still to be accepted). That’ll come in handy with Christmas coming up but I suspect this is an underhand way of switching customers to their own card thus tightening the grip on power over their “customers”.

No doubt Visa will crawl back with an offer that’ll be agreed at the 11th hour.

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
And yet another consequence of Brexit….

Amazon to stop accepting Visa credit cards in UK

So ignore the bullshit trying to appease Brexit voters.

I’ve just had a look at my Amazon account. There’s no mention of a £20 offer to switch my payment method but they are offering a £40 gift card if I get an Amazon MasterCard (which explains why MasterCard is still to be accepted). That’ll come in handy with Christmas coming up but I suspect this is an underhand way of switching customers to their own card thus tightening the grip on power over their “customers”.

No doubt Visa will crawl back with an offer that’ll be agreed at the 11th hour.
People should take their business elsewhere, I will.