What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
You’re massively missing the point. Which is clearly that people (like him) weave together stories that are based on truths, half-truths, and nothing-like-the-truths.

Of course some of the non-mainstream “conspiracy theories” are fundamentally true - and including them is used to build trust and entice the”gullible” into being open to the half-truths and bullshit that are interwoven. Sliper was very good at it.
Some of the Conspiracy theories are true, The Monarchy, Blair and Bush are lizards and are part of a secret society in control of the planet.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
You’re massively missing the point. Which is clearly that people (like him) weave together stories that are based on truths, half-truths, and nothing-like-the-truths.

Of course some of the non-mainstream “conspiracy theories” are fundamentally true - and including them is used to build trust and entice the”gullible” into being open to the half-truths and bullshit that are interwoven. Sliper was very good at it.

Everyone always misses your points Reg......... And it's because you use far too many words to say absolutely nothing.. Kindly concentrate on being more succinct. so we can understand what you are banging on about,,

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Everyone always misses your points Reg......... And it's because you use far too many words to say absolutely nothing.. Kindly concentrate on being more succinct. so we can understand what you are banging on about,,

Sometimes, maybe. But it’s often only you that misses the point ;)

To be fair, I have always believed that miscommunication is a two-way street, and always take some responsibility if someone doesn’t understand my instructions or opinions (even if I don’t always admit that 😁)

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Sometimes, maybe. But it’s often only you that misses the point ;)

To be fair, I have always believed that miscommunication is a two-way street, and always take some responsibility if someone doesn’t understand my instructions or opinions (even if I don’t always admit that 😁)

Do what? I can live with your opinions but your instructions? Don't be daft... :D

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Why have they applied here, why not somewhere en route?

Last time I got in an ambulance it took me to the nearest A and E.

I have (like you, I guess) already read answers to that question. Honestly, I don’t always understand all elements of those explanations.

But before going further… Why have such very high percentages of them been granted asylum or other visas to stay - even faced with the apparent mandate from this government to minimise successful applications. I don’t fully understand a detailed answer to that question either - but to me, it screams that they have every right to be classified as desperate and every right to come to the UK.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
It is a failure of foreign policy, the home office and it will no doubt continue.
Do I want to welcome genuine refugees? Yes.
Do I think this is how we should operate? No.

Are there bigger concerns at the minute? Yes.

Instead of dividing ourselves into identity characteristics which are just distractions from the real struggle.

Man v Woman v Trans…
Straight v Gay v Bi…
Black v White v Asian…
Etc etc

We should be uniting as citizens and fighting for change together.

We need a govt which will bring power utilities back under control, whether that be by nationalisation or controlled privatisation.
We need a govt which will encourage reinvestment of profits and realignment of salaries from top to bottom.

All this other stuff is just froth at the moment. Like doing the hoovering whilst the house is on fire.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
It is a failure of foreign policy, the home office and it will no doubt continue.

Instead of dividing ourselves into identity characteristics which are just distractions from the real struggle.

Man v Woman v Trans…
Straight v Gay v Bi…
Black v White v Asian…
Etc etc

We need a govt which will bring power utilities back under control, whether that be by nationalisation or controlled privatisation.
We need a govt which will encourage reinvestment of profits and realignment of salaries from top to bottom.

All this other stuff is just froth at the moment. Like doing the hoovering whilst the house is on fire.
Theyre not important to me either, however, to some these things are important. Its not for me to tell them to STF up because I dont find their matters of importance.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron

Man v Woman v Trans…
Straight v Gay v Bi…
Black v White v Asian…
Etc etc

As said before, there’s a strong kernel of good intent in there. But to twist your analogy, you could be accused of suggesting that we concentrate on pouring water on the burning roof whilst making no attempt to rescue the kids from their bedrooms! It is important to do both at the same time!

I mean this with no disrespect or accusation. But I think a lesson from history is that it is dangerous to ignore human rights of gay people, or trans people or people from ethnic minorities- in order to rail against a common enemy. I agree we should be all coming together to fight injustice.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
As said before, there’s a strong kernel of good intent in there. But to twist your analogy, you could be accused of suggesting that we concentrate on pouring water on the burning roof whilst making no attempt to rescue the kids from their bedrooms! It is important to do both at the same time!

I mean this with no disrespect or accusation. But I think a lesson from history is that it is dangerous to ignore human rights of gay people, or trans people or people from ethnic minorities- in order to rail against a common enemy. I agree we should be all coming together to fight injustice.
Have you watched Pride?
A British film from about 2014 I think

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
Here’s a short clip.
I recommend it.

If it doesn’t make you think that we’re all being played off, one against the other; we’ll I’d be very surprised.
I’ve thought it for a long time. That’s why I hate the obsession with protected identity characteristics. It is divisive. Look for what we have in common, not what divides us…

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
The film reminded me of the lost mining culture (and it was a culture) of my family in the north east.

I’m not ashamed to say I cried like a baby when I watched it.