What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Think I can get an Irish one in a year.

Dunno if I’ll bother as airports have been pretty sensible since Brexit, from my experience.

Plus it might upset some of my in-laws.

Sod it, maybe I will!

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron

This sounds like progress.​

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/12/eu-reduce-northern-ireland-border-checks-brexit-uk

EU offers to reduce Northern Ireland border checks to ‘a couple of lorries a day​

The EU has initiated a fresh attempt to end the Northern Ireland Brexit dispute with the UK with a proposal to reduce checks on goods crossing the Irish Sea to a near “invisible manner” involving just “a couple of lorries” a day.

Maroš Šefčovič, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator, said physical checks would be made only “when there is a reasonable suspicion of illegal trade smuggling, illegal drugs, dangerous toys or poisoned food”.

The move was described by the Irish prime minister, Micheál Martin, as evidence of “further solutions” and “flexibility” in Brussels.

“I spoke with the British PM late last week. It was a preliminary discussion. We will meet again on these issues, “ he said.
Won’t be long before it happens at the Dover end then?

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Can certainly see why this group of tories were so desperate to get out of the EU, we cant have this level of unfairness, can we?

FcwM0yvXwAAhHuy

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
FcxE6-BXEAECEOE

Britain and the US are poor societies with some very rich people When it comes to average household incomes, the UK may soon need to ask migrant labourers to take a pay cut

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Can certainly see why this group of tories were so desperate to get out of the EU, we cant have this level of unfairness, can we?

FcwM0yvXwAAhHuy

They have the power to impose that ? Haven't you been telling us for years that individual Countries can opt out ? I think it's great if the headline is true but it isn't is it?